Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-10-06, 03:07 PM  
Momma

They have tons and tons of fitness videos. I have like 56 quened up right now .
Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-06, 04:15 PM  
ooty

Hi Donna,

I hope you feel well soon to walk, jog and jump/rebound. Your surgery doe snot sound trivial. Take care. I asked about the Collage thing because apparently Collage takes a huge commission and the instructor gets very less. I suppose the advantage is mass marketing.
Old 01-10-06, 04:28 PM  
blue_hydrangea

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2me
...I had surgery on 1-5-06, so am just getting around to checking the boards!
I wish you a well and speedy recovery. Take it easy with the exercising!
blue_hydrangea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-06, 08:25 PM  
videoaddict
VF Supporter

Hello, thank you for welcoming me.

I should have posted sooner, but I never know what to say. I usually only surf the board at work when I have some downtime. I rarely do it at home.

Shelley: Yes, I have the Transfirmer and like it very much. I have to lug it around when I want to use it, which occasionally causes the dread factor. I also have a tendency to use it as a stepstool.

Donna: I checked out the Sara City thread over in the Events section and decided to post. That's what made me decide to post here in the Introduction thread. If I can make it, it would be my pleasure to meet all of you. I only intend to go to the expo, though, I won't be attending any classes. As soon as I know one way or the other, I'll post again. Hope to see you there.
Old 01-11-06, 12:45 PM  
new2me

Thanks Blue!

Rory - that's what I did at last year's event...just met for lunch and a little expo shopping...it was fun and nice to meet everyone!

The sudden precious moments in life need to be recognized for the unique periods they are, not wasted by wishing for something else. Edith Schaeffer
new2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-06, 08:21 AM  
galush

well...my first time posting....be gentle with me...
i'm galush, from little place in the middle east, high school teacher.
i've discoverd vf when i first bought cathi's dvd in 2005. i love her kickboxing dvd and i'm allso having denis- hit the spot pilatis.
can you recomend me some new programs?
thank you, galush
galush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-06, 10:52 AM  
blue_hydrangea

Hi and welcome to VF, galush! I also enjoy Cathe's kickboxing; which one(s) do you have? Are there certain things you like/dislike in general when it comes to videos/style of teaching? Be sure to visit the "Getting Started With Videos" and "Challenges and Check-Ins" forum areas for great ideas and to post about what you like/want. You can also post your inquiries in the main part of the "General Discussion" forum so people can give you advice, make suggestions and share their experiences .
blue_hydrangea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-06, 11:57 AM  
new2me

Hi Galush and welcome!!! I love Cathe's workouts too. If you like kickboxing, you might like Beachbody's Turbo Jam...they are not quite as intense as Cathe's but are fun. I can't help with Pilates, since I haven't quite got into that yet.

The sudden precious moments in life need to be recognized for the unique periods they are, not wasted by wishing for something else. Edith Schaeffer
new2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-06, 03:52 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Welcome, Galush! You'll find a lot of teachers here at VF, so you fit right in! Posting that first message can be intimidating! Now, you can practice more as time goes on.

If you are looking for more Pilates, I really like Ana Caban's workouts. I started with her Beginning Mat Workout. I enjoy her Pilates ring workout (which won't interest you, if you don't have a ring ). And, her Pilates Abs workout is TOUGH, but very good.

What other kinds of workouts are you interested in now? Cardio? More kickboxing? Different kinds? Strength? Good luck with your search.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-06, 09:28 PM  
Momma

Welcome Galush! I am in school to be a high school teacher .

If you like Pilates and Yoga, I really liked the MTV Pilates and also the MTV Yoga videos.

My Space: http://www.myspace.com/mommacarly

Sparkpeople: http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage.asp?id=MOMMACARLY
Momma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
former sticky, how did you find vf, introductions, new members, new to vf, new user, sticky thread