Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-29-15, 06:29 AM  
mandie123

Thks Suzan66,looking forward to trying these!
Old 07-29-15, 08:34 AM  
violetblonde

Here's a few freebies from my teacher Guru Jagat:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQtofYWM5Qs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ame6vDOvIyE

(One is a full 90 min class, the other is a short set)

Otherwise I recommend signing up for a free trial on YogaGlo and doing a few Kia Miller classes-- she has a very accessible style.
violetblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-15, 06:20 PM  
LaCatrina

Suzan, violet, thanks for the Kundalini recs! I only have Raviana DVDs, so I'm always curious to see if I can do/enjoy the more traditional kundalini stuff. I haven't had time to do much KY for weeks now though
Old 08-10-15, 02:03 PM  
yahoo205

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizvespa View Post
Yes, thighmatics works my glutes. I especially feel it in the upper hamstring/lower glute "thutt" area. I also feel it in my hips. One if the moves really works the inner thighs well. I don't feel it in my quads, though. It's kind of strange. I'm actually seeing definition in places i don't feel the work. Weird, huh? I've never had this happen before. It's difficult to explain. It's not insanely challenging, but the results are coming quickly.
Thighmatics 1 or 2?
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-18, 01:46 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

OLD Thread Alert!

Hamelin now has the older DMW courses on sale. For those of you who have done these, do you have a favorite series (1-5)? I would prefer minimal cardio (esp. impact), workouts of <1 hour, and minimal all-fours work (I will do some for Hamelin, but I still don't like it! ).

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-18, 11:23 AM  
Exercise Diva

I despise traditional floor work, and the fact that TA's floor work always looks like she smoked a bowl before creating some of those moves is what I love about it. Despite it being tough as hell, it feels like floor-play to me, and I really look forward to doing her floor work.[/QUOTE]

I loved this too! Thanks for the laugh - needed it today!
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-18, 05:28 PM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

Since no one has responded to Beth's request for info on these, I'm assuming no one is doing Hamelin workouts anymore. If you are, a little info on the differences between and/or thoughts on HDW 5 and 4, Glutematics, Bodymatics and the Secret Workouts would be very helpful. The free stuff on YouTube looks a little bit like 80s aerobics and Tonique style floorwork. I know some of you on here love Hamelin. How different/effective is it compared to Tonique or Barlates? I'm not into 80s aerobics.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-18, 05:50 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

cjayd, thanks for keeping the thread alive! Hamelin's hi-low cardio does have an 80s feel; I don't really like hi-low (or cardio much in general, haha), so I tend to avoid those. His cardio tone workouts are a bit better, as they are generally lower impact and incorporate toning movements.

The DMW (deep muscle work) workouts are NO cardio--just slow, controlled movements. Those are the ones I love!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-18, 06:09 PM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

Hey, Beth, thanks for the info. I was considering HDW 4 or 5 but I was having trouble making up my mind. I like the sounds of Glutematics but I wasn't sure if it is similar to the DMW. I agree with you about his cardio so I think that lets out the Secret workouts.

Carla
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-18, 08:08 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjayd View Post
Hey, Beth, thanks for the info. I was considering HDW 4 or 5 but I was having trouble making up my mind. I like the sounds of Glutematics but I wasn't sure if it is similar to the DMW. I agree with you about his cardio so I think that lets out the Secret workouts.

Carla
It’s been a long time since I’ve done these. DMW isn’t any cardio, just slow movements. Glutematics can easily be cut in 1/2 and I believe it’s reps of 40 per move? I think

Sorry I can’t be more help, it’s been a long time.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hamelin, hamelin d'abell method, hdm, old thread alert, rambert, swan arms, thighmatics