Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-20-18, 05:36 AM  
bubbles76

Usia they haven't billed me yet. I suspect the bill will come in the mail, as I did input my address.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-18, 07:27 AM  
upperwside

Send them an a email, explaining what happened. A phone call cannot be documented in your favor. Send the DVD back with tracking, it will cost you a wee bit more.. but they cannot say they did not receive it, and you have the proof.
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-18, 07:30 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Usia they haven't billed me yet. I suspect the bill will come in the mail, as I did input my address.
Wow, that's so shady! I'll make sure to avoid Rodale at all costs and hope you resolve your problem with them. What a hassle! Thanks for posting about your experience as a warning to the rest of us, bubbles.
Old 06-20-18, 07:45 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by upperwside View Post
Send them an a email, explaining what happened. A phone call cannot be documented in your favor. Send the DVD back with tracking, it will cost you a wee bit more.. but they cannot say they did not receive it, and you have the proof.
Upperwside I sent an email to them after I received the package. You are so right about documentation! As for sending it back with tracking, I am leary of that. Some experiences that I've read say that even when people sent it back with tracking that (1) Rodale wouldn't pick up the package or (2) Rodale still sent the bills, even after the package was received. Now, these were with books, not dvds, and the complaints were posted some years ago. However, it still makes me leary. I am going to call them shortly.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
Old 06-20-18, 08:14 AM  
bubbles76

Well! I just got off the phone with Rodale/Hearst. I spoke to a pleasant customer service representative. I explained how I just went on the site to see how much the product was (had to input my address to do it), clicked off, and the package arrived at my house. The representative told me that I would have to pay to return it. I asked her if I could just use the return label on their page. No, that was for people who actually ordered the items but were returning them due to not being satisfied. What??? I asked her if she could send me a return label. No, they don't do that anymore. So I asked her, "Are you telling me that I have to pay to return an item that I didn't order?" She said yes. I told her to make a note to remove me from their system because I didn't want anything else "accidentally" showing up at my house and that I was within my rights not to pay for unsolicited items. She told me she could make the note, but couldn't stop the bills from coming to my house.

I am ticked off. Here the have a perfectly good mechanism for returning items, but I can't use it.

ETA: I just went on the Rodale Returns link. Well, no wonder I can't use it. Looks like nobody can, because it's just a link to an address to return items. I guess Rodale doesn't issue return labels to anyone anymore. I am not returning this item.
Old 06-20-18, 08:22 AM  
jusca

Definitely don't return it at your expense. You've given them ample chances to rectify their issue and they're passing the buck to you to fix it.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-18, 08:23 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

That's terrible, bubbles! It's not only shady, it's downright fraudulent. I would definitely file a complaint with BBB describing your experience. Sorry you're going through this.
Old 06-20-18, 08:42 AM  
Lannette

You may want to call back and reference this email making note of all the potential sales they will be missing because of their fraudulent methods. I for one WILL NOT even go to the website let alone purchase anything from them.

Any other VFers feel that way after reading this post?

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-18, 08:51 AM  
macska
VF Supporter

I also had luck calling their CS. Try that.

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-18, 08:54 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
Any other VFers feel that way after reading this post?
I definitely feel that way! I will not even look at their website. Who needs the hassle?

Lannette, I just noticed the link at the bottom of your post. Forum looks really interesting! I bookmarked it and will definitely spend some time this evening reading through it. Thanks!

Tags
bad customer service, beware rodale, rodale, rodale rip off, rodale scam, rodale unwanted package, rodale.com