Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-19-18, 08:45 AM  
bubbles76

Rodale - Yet Another Experience

So, thinking that Rodale had solved their issues, I went to their site to see the price of a dvd. It was more than I wanted to pay, so I clicked the X to close the page. Imagine my surprise when I see an email this morning, saying that my dvd would be delivered in 1-2 weeks . I went to some old threads, looking at the horrors of returning. I don't want to accept the dvd, but I don't trust Rodale to say that they received it when I refuse to accept. Or if I accidentally open it, thinking it's from a trade or SASE (I've got a lot of those floating around) asking for a shipping label to return. What would you do? I know that I can technically keep it, as I didn't order it, but I don't want them hassling me to return a dvd that I never ordered in the first place
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-18, 08:58 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

How can they send the dvd to you if you didn't fill out your address? I had them send me a dvd I didn't order once but I think I filled out my address on the form before I "X"d out. I don't remember the exact details but it was a royal pain to resolve. I think I wound up just keeping the stupid dvd and paying for it. LOL
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-18, 09:38 AM  
bubbles76

I put in my address, because it wouldn't let me go any further if I didn't. But I absolutely did NOT hit submit! On principal alone, I know I don't want to pay for it. How is this still an issue, when they know that people have complained about it?? It's like they are trapping people into paying for merchandise.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
Old 06-19-18, 11:38 AM  
Pam

I would just keep the DVD and report the situation to the Better Business Bureau and let them fight Rodale for you. Rodale will have a negative report of your situation through the BBB website that anyone can access (they probably already have a few negative reports there). Might stop some non-VFers, who don’t know of their reputation, from using them.
Old 06-19-18, 11:44 AM  
sherry7899

Do they mail things out without getting payment first? I have never ordered from them.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-18, 11:47 AM  
bubbles76

Sherry we'll see in a few weeks. I've never ordered from them either. I didn't put in my credit card information as I had no intention of paying after seeing the price. $28.95 for that set was a bit steep, considering the workouts weren't long. I happily paid around that for Dance Your Heart Out, but the music is original and Tiny Bubble loves it.
Old 06-19-18, 05:02 PM  
Scorpio6

I have had good luck by calling their customer service to get things straightened out. If you blame it on a computer glitch, you'll probably have good luck with it without getting into an energy-draining and unnecessary fight.
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-18, 07:06 PM  
Fitstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
I put in my address, because it wouldn't let me go any further if I didn't. But I absolutely did NOT hit submit! On principal alone, I know I don't want to pay for it. How is this still an issue, when they know that people have complained about it?? It's like they are trapping people into paying for merchandise.
Seems like bad business practice. Has anyone reported them to BBB? I wonder if a lot of people let this stuff go because they don’t want to deal with returning it.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-18, 08:46 PM  
bubbles76

Wow, it arrived today! I haven't even opened it. Scorpio, I sent them an email just to have it documented, but I'll follow up with a call. The only thing is, I have read about bad experiences with Rodale where the person has sent the item back only for Rodale not to pick it up and still bill the person. Or where Rodale just ignores the person and keeps billing. However, those were older experiences, so maybe mine will turn out differently.
Old 06-19-18, 08:50 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Bubbles, if you didn't give them your credit card information and you've never ordered from them how are they billing you? This is so strange!

Tags
bad customer service, beware rodale, rodale, rodale rip off, rodale scam, rodale unwanted package, rodale.com