Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-01-12, 06:20 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoo205 View Post
lanette, do you t-tapp every day? i really like t-tapp, but want to maintain doing some barre and traditional strength. For lymph pumping purposes, should I try to do BWO+ every day?

Also, I know t-tapp has you activate your butt, hamstrings, and arms, back, but I feel that I can work these harder (and better with other methods). To me, T-tapp is really quad heavy.

Oh, are there any particular exercises for inner thighs? that is my major trouble spot.
I'm going to cheat here and cut and paste a future blog post (I write them about a month ahead of time) that answers your first question.

No because I don't do a T-Tapp workout or even part of one every single day unless I'm doing a bootcamp. Yes, because T-Tapp linear alignment is so much a part of me that I tend to add it to whatever activity I do - even massage therapy.

I also live what I think of as a T-Tapp lifestyle. That means that I do skin brushing most if not every day. I also care for my skin and eat whole foods. When I'm working out I put myself into whatever it is that I'm doing. When I play, I play hard. Yet, I also enjoy kicking back and chilling on a daily basis even if it's just for a brief chat with DH while we dote on our animals and brush them or treat them to a round of belly rubs.

For me, a T-Tapp workout is a lot like HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) - even the Basic Workout Plus. I've found that my body thrives on a mix of really tough workouts along with some more moderate and even easy workouts. A steady "diet" of T-Tapp isn't necessary or beneficial for me. Since I also enjoy other types of activities and strenuous workouts I have to be careful how I mix them. I also teach some T-Tapp movements on a regular basis during the week.

All in all I guess that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

What has seemed to work for me related to inner thighs is to rebalance my posture, which opened my hip area. Two of my favorite workouts to help achieve that are Egoscue Level 1 workout and Yin Yoga.

I can't tell you that I have skinny thighs. I probably never will because that's not my build but they are toned and strong.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-12, 06:28 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj View Post
So you had to back off the intensity? For how long? I've always enjoyed long tough workouts but since going through menopause and watching my cortisol and hydration levels drop, I've been forced to back off. I'm probably still working too hard, though. And I'm up 25 pounds now.
I did, but my exhaustion wasn't just hormonal. It was a combination of stress and overwork that went on longer than I should have allowed it to. I got pretty darn sick and had to take a big step back and rebuild my health and fitness. But, I couldn't put my life on hold to so. That meant cutting back on workouts and building things back up slowly.

When I started back I started with 10-15 minute bouts of exercise. Some T-Tapp movements, or 10-15 minutes on the elliptical or a gentle walk with the dogs or some yoga. It was humbling. My first Bootcamp was BWO+ for all of four days.

The most important thing for me was to get my sleep and be sure it was restful. I still make sleep a priority. Are you cutting yourself short on sleep?

Daily skin brushing and breathwork are two other ways you can be kind to yourself.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Old 09-01-12, 07:54 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
The most important thing for me was to get my sleep and be sure it was restful. I still make sleep a priority. Are you cutting yourself short on sleep?
Not intentionally. I've had insomnia since going through menopause three and a half years ago. It's been rough.
Old 09-02-12, 07:07 AM  
Lannette

ddj, I'm sorry you're having trouble with insomnia. I had to deal with it when I was under a lot of stress and it impacts everything! The cardiac rehab gym I coordinate is next door to a sleep lab and one of the employees there was telling me how lack of sleep can cause weight gain. He has had patients who lose weight without trying once they get their sleep problems under control.

Have you ever gotten info on sleep hygiene? Also do you do your workouts late in the day? That was an issue for me for a while until I got things under control.

I also used the delta sleep system and other brainwave entrainment CDs. I'd keep a CD player with earphones by my bed and use it when I woke up in the middle of the night. Over time I guess I trained myself out it. Currently I sometimes use the natural sleep supplement that begins with an "M." I know that WWWendy is sensitive about supplements. I hope you are able to get your sleep cycles back in line.

Yahoo, I just realized that I never really answered your question about BWO+. You could do a bootcamp of it but if you're going to be doing other workouts - especially if adding BWO+ would take you into more than an hour of demanding exercise a day, I'd say you shouldn't do it each and every day. You'd probably be better off to add in some movements.

That could be as simple as beginning your exercise session or your day with Primary back stretch (the opening movement on TT workouts) and ending the workouts with hoedowns or simply doing a set of hoedowns during the day.

If you're doing a core based workout I totally recommend beginning with organs in place and half frogs. It will wake up your core and get you ready for action.

Watch for signs of over training and if you notice them be willing to cut back and you should be good to go. It's important to remember that while mixing different types of exercise into your schedule can be beneficial to over all body balance and your personal goals if some is good more is definitely not better.

Old 09-02-12, 07:37 AM  
ddj
VF Supporter

I work out early in the morning and I also take M. I no longer have as much trouble getting to sleep as staying asleep. I'm sure it will get better in time.

I did read The Sleep Doctor's Diet Plan which is similar to the sleep hygiene link.

Thank you for taking the time to answer all of my questions.
Old 05-08-15, 10:11 AM  
yahoo205

Bumping because I edited my original post to ask about anything (Besides T-tapp) that you think is good for lymph. THANKS!
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-15, 08:01 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Quote:
Bumping because I edited my original post to ask about anything (Besides T-tapp) that you think is good for lymph. THANKS!
  • Rebounding (I was always under the impression that this is the number one exercise to move the lymph.)
  • walking
  • yoga
  • massage (any kind, not just lymphatic drainage.)
  • dry skin brushing.

I also found this article that adds:
  • Deep Breathing
  • caster oil packs

HTH! (Also, you might want to edit the title of the post to ask for non-T-tapp exercise, and also to put in an Old Thread Alert to get more responses.)
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-15, 04:45 AM  
Donna D

Quote:
I don't have room for a rebounder, I use my stability ball

http://www.livestrong.com/article/30...phatic-system/

I try to do the beginner's workout from this DVD every day - it's a short segment - 9 1/2 minutes

http://www.ballsnbands.com/bounce_yo...ealth_dvd.html
Donna D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-15, 08:49 AM  
topfitmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D View Post
I don't have room for a rebounder, I use my stability ball

http://www.livestrong.com/article/30...phatic-system/
Thanks for that link, Donna. I'm going to start bouncing on my ball a few times a day.
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lymphatic system, t-tapp, teresa tapp, ttapp