Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-26-15, 11:40 AM  
SuzieC

I may be in the minority, but the TA streaming has been the best fitness purchase I've made in a long time. I feel like I'm in a class with her (really!) and the energy is absolutely contagious. These workouts got me working out again during a very difficult period in my life. That alone was worth the price of admission (for me). Yes, it is expensive, but at least I'm not paying 900$ a month to physically be in that class (I believe monthly membership is something close to that price!) There are different price points, but I believe the 403$ comes out to 68$ a month or so. I am on the 90$ a month plan but plan to switch to the 6 month plan because I love these workouts. I've spent so much on other fitness DVDs that are just collecting dust because I found them boring or the music blah, so I feel this is worth it for me.

I am finally seeing my butt lift after just a few weeks of doing these, and my legs shaping up. I didn't have these results with Continuity.
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-15, 03:19 PM  
JulieIL

Suzie, Have you gotten info regarding renewal for $403 (I'm assuming this is for 6 months)? I'm wondering if this is a discounted rate for those who did the $270 for 3 months trial. Or maybe this is a reduced rate for Year 4 Continuity members. When I search the price of 6 months, it shows $475.

Julie
JulieIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-15, 02:35 PM  
TerryMia

This is why I love, love, love ART method streaming workouts...only $6.99 a month and PLENTY of content...good, high-quality workouts and an extremely affordable price
TerryMia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-15, 05:25 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryMia View Post
This is why I love, love, love ART method streaming workouts...only $6.99 a month and PLENTY of content...good, high-quality workouts and an extremely affordable price
Yeah, I feel that way about SBF and barre3.
Old 02-27-15, 05:34 PM  
SuzieC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieIL View Post
Suzie, Have you gotten info regarding renewal for $403 (I'm assuming this is for 6 months)? I'm wondering if this is a discounted rate for those who did the $270 for 3 months trial. Or maybe this is a reduced rate for Year 4 Continuity members. When I search the price of 6 months, it shows $475.

Julie
Hi Julie :-)
I haven't gotten around to sending them an email yet. I wonder if I need to do 3 months at 90$ before I am eligible to switch - I'll email over the weekend and let you know!
Old 02-28-15, 10:01 PM  
rad

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspidistra View Post
I want to chime in here because I have strong opinions. I love all the dvds that Tracy has put out and I own everything I could find. I have tried them all and I have been successful even mixing them up. But I have the same reaction to the streaming as all the die hard fans who already did Meta. I was jealous and wished I could get it. I was annoyed that Tracy took down her forum and changed her website and doesn't seem to care about Meta anymore. It's like her total focus is on this new thing and Meta is old news to her. But where Tracy goes we follow or we WANT to follow. Reading the experiences of those who are doing the streaming makes me very very envious and I assure myself if I had that I too would be inspired and have a perfect body in a couple of weeks because of the joy of doing the class via streaming video. But then I remind myself: Tracy is a master of marketing. Was it 2011 that Meta was released? It's been 4 years and so it's old hat now and she is not a static person. More power to her. Many have done Meta and Continuity for a year or more, and were ripe for something new! I don't at all blame Tracy for charging too much. She knows her Meta and other dvds are out there for everyone. The exclusive streaming class is just her newest thing. And let me tell you all - my opinion is this: You could do level one of meta, any centric, for several months, and get fabulous results. You could do the mat workout or the beginner workout or one piece from any random dvd or youtube clip, as long as you did it 6 days a week for as long as you could up to an hour, and get stunning results. Because listen to the people who have the streaming subscription. She improvises her moves. You learn the basic moves after doing her workouts for a while, you can also improvise. I have done this from early on with her dvds, once I realized it. Her moves are awesome and they work. There are little variations in the angle of the leg or something. It's not rocket science. I personally love the dvds and don't like the idea of a bunch of other people in the background. Her early dance aerobics and webisodes had those annoying trainers in the background in them (including some who went on to use her method in their own studios after leaving her). For me they are just not as good. Come on now. Didn't you all just read the thread about the hidden gem: the post pregnancy workout II? And it is freely shared on youtube. I would buy it in a heartbeat after reading that rave review but it's nowhere; thus I got it from youtube and am doing it. It's different from all the others, it's harder! but these are variations! Nothing drastically different. I totally believe she is a genius. How many of us wanted, and bought, all four centrics? We needed them all! And using them, realized they all work: glute works for abs, ab works for glutes, and so on. Let us all get a grip! Yes I want to wake up and get the streaming content but the $400+ is about as realistic for me as flying to the Hamptons and joining her posh studio. No, for the rest of us, there are plenty of dvds and they ALL work. She says it again and again. It's what WE put into the workout. Man, we can get just as slim and shapely using a grainy youtube webisode than having her train us in person or in a streaming video of her class. The only thing we need there is that it's NEW! That is my opinion. Yes, there are many who love the atmosphere of a class. But basically we just want her newest and latest workout because we want it. And we can't all afford this one. So - pick out one of the obscure dvds on your shelf and use it. Personally I've done omni and glute and I had 34 inch hips and was a size 2. I gained some weight back due to illness and laxness, and know that will be me again because Bed Bath and Beyond had a clearance and I got Hip for 19.99. A final clearance - meaning that Meta is totally passe. But it's good enough for me!!! Along with the fabulous Post Pregnancy II with the unusual moves. I already feel and see my body changing after a FEW DAYS. And it makes me happy enough reading about others' experiences with streaming videos and enjoying them, but knowing I can kick butt in my own living room and become fabulous with old dvds or even with doing her workouts from memory!
Great post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unfetteredpast View Post
I, for one, thought this thread was going to be about Lady Gaga's performance at the Oscars (which I thought was incredible). No intention to hijack the thread ... carry on ...
This too; cracked me up. Lady Gaga was amazing.

Very interesting thread; can see it both ways.
rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-15, 10:35 PM  
rad

duplicate
Old 02-28-15, 10:36 PM  
KarenP
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by raeven View Post
It's $90 monthly...yikes!
People pay $900/month to take classes in her studio. Yeah, ridiculous. Thankfully, there are plenty of other options out there.

Karen

QUIT SLOUCHING!!!
KarenP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-15, 10:49 PM  
rad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I have enough DVDs, downloads and equipment for my whole town to achieve their fitness goals, LOL!
Lol.

I recently stumbled upon hoopla digital looking for some streaming meditation and unexpectedly found myself listening to and riveted by the audio of The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing, written by Marie Kondo for a Japanese audience, and the book has 1,000+ almost five-star reviews on Amazon. Suddenly I found myself following the instructions. The directive is simple: keep only what provides joy. Saying that my environment is now Spartan is an understatement. And four days into this transformation, I am currently up to the fitness dvds and surprisingly the only ones I will keep are TAM. (I attend regular barre classes). One thing I am very clear about is that I will be very circumspect about the next article I bring into my space. I found an IKEA card among the rubble with more than a $900.00 credit and the only thing I genuinely want is a clean waste paper basket. While the streaming costs do add up, one isn't doing all of the streaming options at the same time. And while one doesn't "own" anything with streaming, you do own your own body. YMMV.
Old 02-28-15, 10:52 PM  
SuzieC

Just an fyi... Someone on Facebook posted that they received an email from TAM stating that they will give a 50% discount on steaming to year 4 Meta subscribers. You need to call customer service to get in on this deal.

Tags
tracy anderson, tracy anderson streaming