Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-14, 08:41 AM  
bearcatfan

Resistance band/tubing question

I am thisclose to ordering a couple more Beachbody resistance tubing sets (the 40 and 50 lb versions with handles).

I remember reading a while ago that there were cheaper/better options out there than Beachbody's B-Lines. I like that BB's are labeled based on the poundage, so I'm wondering if everyone's 40 lb. resistance is the same (like dumbbells) or I'm better off keeping with BB's system.

I am going to have a hard time pushing "submit" for $50 worth of resistance tubing.
Old 07-07-14, 08:55 AM  
beatchica

I have been using bodylastic bands for over the past 12 years (no exaggeration on the timeline) and posted on VF on how much I like them. Over the years I have had to have a few bands replaced due to wear and tear. Since they have a lifetime guarantee I have only had to pay for the shipping. I love these bands, they are tough and high quality. The newer bands come with a snap proof technology too. There customer service is the best, super easy, responsive and fast shipping.

I have the strong man set, but really only use a few bands from it as the bands can be coupled together for more tension. Hope this helps.
http://us.bodylastics.com/product/strong-man/
beatchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-14, 09:31 AM  
pharma_gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatchica View Post
I have been using bodylastic bands for over the past 12 years (no exaggeration on the timeline) and posted on VF on how much I like them. Over the years I have had to have a few bands replaced due to wear and tear. Since they have a lifetime guarantee I have only had to pay for the shipping. I love these bands, they are tough and high quality. The newer bands come with a snap proof technology too. There customer service is the best, super easy, responsive and fast shipping.

I have the strong man set, but really only use a few bands from it as the bands can be coupled together for more tension. Hope this helps.
http://us.bodylastics.com/product/strong-man/
Have you ever had any band snap or break during a workout. Im so afraid of that happening.
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-14, 09:36 AM  
Gams

We have bands break all the time in ramping class, but it's never been an issue because the bands just kind of float down when they break - they don't snap back and hit you or anything. I'm not afraid of bands breaking at all anymore now that I've seen it happen a few dozen times.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-14, 10:12 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Beachbody's bands are basically Lifeline brand, also sold at Sports Authority. I bought a bunch during one of SA's sales.

Gams - thanks for that comment - good to know.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-14, 10:55 AM  
bearcatfan

Thanks for the info!
Old 07-07-14, 11:27 AM  
slysam

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatchica View Post
I have been using bodylastic bands for over the past 12 years (no exaggeration on the timeline) and posted on VF on how much I like them. Over the years I have had to have a few bands replaced due to wear and tear. Since they have a lifetime guarantee I have only had to pay for the shipping. I love these bands, they are tough and high quality. The newer bands come with a snap proof technology too. [/URL]
I also use Bodylastics but not for 12 years yet. They are also labelled by poundage. I have a door anchor and an anchor for table legs. I really like them as I can use them to replicate just about any cable machine exercise at home. People also sometimes use them to replicate a pilates reformer. With bodylastics you can combine tubing for more resistance so you can go as heavy as you want (with the tubing you have). I have a lighter set (I wasn't sure how much I wanted to invest so I got one of the cheaper sets to see if I liked them) and haven't yet maxed out the resistance. It looks like there are other tubing that is similar, I went with Bodylastics because of reviews on VF and other places.
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
resistance bands, resistance tubing