Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-13, 08:19 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I use tubing with handles. But, I have arthritic hands and prefer the tubing because with the handles I don't necessarily have to grip the ends for all the moves. With moves like biceps, I can just have my hands in the handles without have to grip. Of course, then I choke up on the tubing to increase the resistance and then I'm gripping...

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-13, 09:39 AM  
killoffsonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
I tend to get more definition in my upper body from bands than weights too. I suspect that, for me, it's because I can no longer lift heavy with weights. If I do, my old elbow tendonitis flares.
Same for me. I can't lift heavy because of tendinitis in rotator cuff and I am also starting to feel twinges now and then in my left one. I can't lift heavy anymore and haven't in several years. Have given it the old college try and when I do I ache for a week afterwards. So yesterday I ordered a figure 8 band from amazon.
Old 09-02-13, 09:50 AM  
andtckrtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia View Post
Good Point.. I know my body retains water or weight? and I look bloated with heavy weights... not so with bands.
Mine, too! even after the 3-4 weeks I heard is supposed to be the period in which the excess water is shed. Bands do good things.
Old 09-02-13, 10:35 AM  
Leonana

Just when I thought I wanted nothing from Mary's sale, she has 10 Minute Solutions, Belly, Butt and Thigh Busters with Band with Jessica for $6.99, and Stephanie Huckabee Powerfit DVD with band for $9.99. Both include the band.
Old 09-02-13, 10:58 AM  
pbnj

Quote:
Originally Posted by killoffsonny View Post
So yesterday I ordered a figure 8 band from amazon.
What do you do with a figure 8 band? I don't have one of those, and I'm wondering if I need to be enabled.
pbnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-13, 11:03 AM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by killoffsonny View Post
Same for me. I can't lift heavy because of tendinitis in rotator cuff and I am also starting to feel twinges now and then in my left one. I can't lift heavy anymore and haven't in several years. Have given it the old college try and when I do I ache for a week afterwards. So yesterday I ordered a figure 8 band from amazon.
Yep, it's tough to get older, isn't it? Although you're probably younger than I am. I have two figure 8 bands I got with a Leslie Sansone Bootcamp walk and rarely use them. Thanks for the reminder to pull them out!
Old 09-02-13, 12:48 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
Just when I thought I wanted nothing from Mary's sale, she has 10 Minute Solutions, Belly, Butt and Thigh Busters with Band with Jessica for $6.99, and Stephanie Huckabee Powerfit DVD with band for $9.99. Both include the band.
Hmmm ......
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-13, 01:48 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbnj View Post
What do you do with a figure 8 band? I don't have one of those, and I'm wondering if I need to be enabled.
Mindy does a ton of stuff with a figure 8 band. There may be some clips on youtube, but just off the top of my head..... certainly you can do any upper body exercise with them. For lower body, I remember slipping just toes in and then somehow securing in -- oh, sheesh, I can't remember now -- I'm sorry! And there were core exercises too.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-13, 02:32 PM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

I have the figure 8 band I got with Leslie's workout. It can also be used with the 10MS workout with Amy Bento (can't remember the name of it), I have only done that one once, but I did like it. I guess I forgot I had that one, it would be good for travel, lol!

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-13, 02:33 PM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Hmmm ......
I still love the Powerfits, they are so great for travel!

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bands lower body, resistance band, resistance bands, resistance tubing