Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-31-12, 12:03 AM  
yahoo205

Best T-tapp T Tapp TTapp Moves? Or at least ones that move the most lymph. OR other ?

I think T-tapp Twist, Side Lunge, Lawn Mowers would qualify.

I haven't consistently done T-tapp in a while but really miss some of these twisting moves.
I know they all stimulate the lymphatic system but want to add a few to my current regular routine.

Any others that are really good?

ETA: I'm editing to ask about any exercise you think is best for circulation, especially circulating lymph (besides walking)?
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-12, 04:25 AM  
Lannette

I think that PBS gets it all started and is important if you want to really move lymph. It opens the joints in doing so opens the lymphatic "hose" so to speak.

Basic Workout Plus is the ultimate when you want to - as I say - "Pump Lymph in a very short amount of time." You also want to remember that the movements are created to be sequential meaning that one builds upon the one that comes before it so if you do multiples sequence them in the same order as they appear in the workout. For instance do PBS first and then T-Tapp Twist.

Add a short sessioin of skin brushing and you're really pumping lymph.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-12, 07:23 AM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Forgive me for hijacking the thread but I have a question for Lannette. Do you know anything about the newest one for menopause management? I was thinking she said this was a sequence that was in a Mary Shomon book but that would be thyroid, wouldn't it? I was wondering in what way the workout was supposed to help menopause. TIA
Old 08-31-12, 08:28 AM  
blessed_mom_to_3

Can I hijack it too? Lannette, which T-Tapp workout(s) were you a background exerciser in?

I'm a little slow in picking up on these things.

P.S. I STILL want the Menopause Management set. I might make my husband and kids buy it for me for Christmas. "Aw, Healthy Hormones - thanks, guys!" (lol)
blessed_mom_to_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-12, 08:48 AM  
smith938
VF Supporter

I've heard the name 't-tapp' but I'm not familiar with it - and what's PBS? is it like toning?
Old 08-31-12, 09:04 AM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith938 View Post
I've heard the name 't-tapp' but I'm not familiar with it - and what's PBS? is it like toning?
Here's the T-Tapp website link:

http://www.t-tapp.com/

Teresa Tapp is the creator. PBS stands for Primary Back Stretch which is the exercise that I would recommend to the OP.
Old 08-31-12, 10:32 AM  
smith938
VF Supporter

thanks - will have to wait til I get home after work to see any vids if there are any - crummy winterms here at work stink! are the specials on the site really specials or one of those always the price deals?
Old 09-01-12, 12:15 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj View Post
Forgive me for hijacking the thread but I have a question for Lannette. Do you know anything about the newest one for menopause management? I was thinking she said this was a sequence that was in a Mary Shomon book but that would be thyroid, wouldn't it? I was wondering in what way the workout was supposed to help menopause. TIA
ddj, I honestly don't know anything about the newest DVD. I tend to stick with the older workouts. Not because the new ones aren't good but because the older stuff still works well for me and I figure if it ain't broke why try to fix it? I do have the Shomon book and it is about thyroid but it's about the connection between menopause and thyroid. The two can be connected - I learned this first hand!

I went through menopause before there were any T-Tapp specialty dvds and the regular T-Tapp workouts helped me sail through the process.

In the interest of full disclosure I did hit a very tough patch of stress and then less than perfect health starting a few years ago and really lost my mojo and - for a while - my figure. Thanks to what I learned from Teresa and also from massage school and Myoskeletal Alignment I've turned it around and am probably 99.7% right now after losing 20 pounds and pretty much all the inches I gained during that stressful, exhausting time. I recently saw my trainer photo and realized that I actually like the body changes I've been making since my dance with exhaustion ended. I'm the same size as back then but a bit leaner I think - if that's even possible.

The biggest lesson I learned was that pushing an over stressed body is like beating a dead horse. I had to rebuild myself from the inside out and now it feels great to be doing some really tough workouts again.

I'll double post here to minimize hijack. Blessed Mom of 3, You probably didn't miss anything. I believe that the DVDs I was part of are no longer in print. (The weighted shoe dvds and the seated T-Tapp workout.) They are obsolete while I on the other hand am going strong.

Anyway, on that note I'll return you to your regularly scheduled thread. Enjoy pumping lymph everyone!

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-12, 02:50 PM  
yahoo205

lanette, do you t-tapp every day? i really like t-tapp, but want to maintain doing some barre and traditional strength. For lymph pumping purposes, should I try to do BWO+ every day?

Also, I know t-tapp has you activate your butt, hamstrings, and arms, back, but I feel that I can work these harder (and better with other methods). To me, T-tapp is really quad heavy.

Oh, are there any particular exercises for inner thighs? that is my major trouble spot.
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-12, 05:30 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post

The biggest lesson I learned was that pushing an over stressed body is like beating a dead horse. I had to rebuild myself from the inside out and now it feels great to be doing some really tough workouts again.

So you had to back off the intensity? For how long? I've always enjoyed long tough workouts but since going through menopause and watching my cortisol and hydration levels drop, I've been forced to back off. I'm probably still working too hard, though. And I'm up 25 pounds now.

Tags
lymphatic system, t-tapp, teresa tapp, ttapp