Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-06, 06:51 PM  
PhyllisG

cathe update

Cathe has just posted an unpdate and it appears that she has had surgery this week. Check her site for all the details.
PhyllisG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-06, 07:02 PM  
kirstyscooby
VF Supporter

Thanks Phyllis for letting us know. Sounds great that Cathe finally has had the correct diagnosis made, surgery sounds like it went very well also.

http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?a...id=60961&page=
Old 04-13-06, 07:02 PM  
lesia

Wow! Was this from overuse?

I feel for Cathe and when I read this I interpreted it to mean the injury was from overuse. I wish her well and a speedy recovery. I hope this means that her future workouts will include some lower impact, higher intensity stuff. I mean I love a good, sweaty, and intense workout, but my near 40 year old body doesn't like it near as much as an intense hill climb on my treadmill.

Any thoughts?

Lesia
lesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-06, 07:17 PM  
KarenP
VF Supporter

I read her post and she seemed to imply that her injury was the result of something she did while kickboxing. It's always hard to pin these things down, though. She surely must be relieved to have a confirmed diagnosis with the surgery over with.

Wow, her estimate as to when she can start filming -- 3 weeks after she can resume normal activity -- seems highly optimistic!

Karen

QUIT SLOUCHING!!!
KarenP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-06, 07:47 PM  
Gatorfan76

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenP
I read her post and she seemed to imply that her injury was the result of something she did while kickboxing. It's always hard to pin these things down, though. She surely must be relieved to have a confirmed diagnosis with the surgery over with.

Wow, her estimate as to when she can start filming -- 3 weeks after she can resume normal activity -- seems highly optimistic!
I think so too- she says it will take 6 weeks to resume normal activity then 3 more weeks after that to film.

I would say it will take 8 weeks to resume normal activity then 4 weeks after to get into filming shape. (and I'M being optimistic here...)

Its April 13th now so she won't be able to film until mid to late July. With all the post production stuff she has to do--these DVD won't be ready until September. Does anyone remember when the original pre-sale was held? This has to be the record for longest time between pre-sale and DVD release.

In any case, I wish Cathe well and I hope she has a speedy recovery
Old 04-13-06, 07:59 PM  
dutchgirl
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorfan76
Does anyone remember when the original pre-sale was held? This has to be the record for longest time between pre-sale and DVD release.
I ordered the first or second day back in September 2005.

Fitness happens one choice at a time - Michelle Dozois

The truth is, my body, whether I love it or not, is the vessel that houses my soul. And for that, it should be honored - Theresa Ruth Howard
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-06, 08:12 PM  
KathAL79

As someone who's been at the doctor's more often than not and now has a diagnosis myself, I can only imagine Cathe's relief at finally knowing what the problem is. I wish her well as she recovers from what sounds like a successful surgery.

I should probably scratch that boxing video she announced off of my mental wish list, though, unless she decides to go with punches only (which would make sense for boxing, I guess).
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-06, 10:52 AM  
Shoe Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchgirl
I ordered the first or second day back in September 2005.
My invoice says Sept. 16, 2005
Shoe Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-06, 01:54 PM  
san4850

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorfan76
Does anyone remember when the original pre-sale was held? This has to be the record for longest time between pre-sale and DVD release.
I pre-ordered on Sept. 18 according to the invoice I still have. Didn't Anna Benson take a long time for her DVD presale when she was converting the Fitprime videos to DVD? Filming her Just Right series took a while, and her fallout with Scot the DVD guy? She even offered everyone 2 DVD's for the price of 1. To top it off, except for the Just Right workouts, those other Fitprime workouts were already filmed and it was just a matter of converting them from VHS to DVD.
san4850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-06, 02:06 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by san4850
I pre-ordered on Sept. 18 according to the invoice I still have. Didn't Anna Benson take a long time for her DVD presale when she was converting the Fitprime videos to DVD? Filming her Just Right series took a while, and her fallout with Scot the DVD guy? She even offered everyone 2 DVD's for the price of 1. To top it off, except for the Just Right workouts, those other Fitprime workouts were already filmed and it was just a matter of converting them from VHS to DVD.
I can't remember exactly how long everyone had to wait, but I do remember the numerous freebies that I received! Not only did I receive two of each DVD that was made, I received other DVDs as well. I actually thought the freebies was too much.

The worst preorder for me and that has left a really bitter taste in my mouth due to the way it was handled was the BodyBar preorder. Sherry's reply to my email was one sentence in the heading of the email I thought this was the tackiest way that anyone could have answered an email regarding the preorder issue. It took months for us to receive our DVDs, and the majority of the time, it was silence on their end.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe injury