Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-23, 12:31 PM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Thank you for this thread - Jung DaYeon's workouts look quite interesting to me!

Will have to give one a try sometime.

Donna
Your welcome! i was just really curious about all of them, including hers, but she had been the original that I'd found and never did try them.

Zraipel, I DID finally try one of hers last night!! Its weird saying I loved it, because there is absolutely nothing new and exciting about it, but i did (and maybe thats why, lol). i was surprised to break a sweat, but it was a deep sweat like I get with Essentrics (they are not alike, or atleast this one wasn't, for anyone wondering). My ankle did bother me after, but I can happily say, that is absolutely the only thing that did bother me, and I can wear an ankle brace for that, or just not lift on my toes for the few moves that do. Lots of sweat, muscles felt used, and no over tiredness. i thought, all thru this one, that I should have had my weighted gloves, ankle weights and/or booty band on, but i wonder if that would have ened up making it painful or too much starting out? I don't know. Thats why I am in the adrenal program in the first place to learn how to manage my energy and not over do it. Maybe start out without a few times (not doing it daily) and then maybe after 3rd time try adding one of those? This was the one i did last night: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llngXWgQeaU

Thank y'all again!!

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-23, 12:47 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

T2B I bookmarked the one you linked, I need to give it a try!

Zraipel, glad to know you love Jung's workouts as well! I never found the DVDs so I downloaded them all (Figurerobics, Bodyball, MC Fit, and her 2 Stretches, 13 total), in case they disappear, my TV have a usb port, so it is easy to plug an external hard drive if I need to. I just saw she has some new to me workouts (Home Fit), I will have to check them out.

Inspired by this thread, and since I am still sore from the Slide Workout I did on Saturday, I did her Dance Stretch followed by her Diet Stretch, great combo!! The first one is very dynamic so it was a great mobility warm up for the second one.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-23, 08:23 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENILU View Post
Your welcome! i was just really curious about all of them, including hers, but she had been the original that I'd found and never did try them.

Zraipel, I DID finally try one of hers last night!! Its weird saying I loved it, because there is absolutely nothing new and exciting about it, but i did (and maybe thats why, lol). i was surprised to break a sweat, but it was a deep sweat like I get with Essentrics (they are not alike, or atleast this one wasn't, for anyone wondering). My ankle did bother me after, but I can happily say, that is absolutely the only thing that did bother me, and I can wear an ankle brace for that, or just not lift on my toes for the few moves that do. Lots of sweat, muscles felt used, and no over tiredness. i thought, all thru this one, that I should have had my weighted gloves, ankle weights and/or booty band on, but i wonder if that would have ened up making it painful or too much starting out? I don't know. Thats why I am in the adrenal program in the first place to learn how to manage my energy and not over do it. Maybe start out without a few times (not doing it daily) and then maybe after 3rd time try adding one of those? This was the one i did last night: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llngXWgQeaU

Thank y'all again!!
Jenilu- That's the one I started with as well! I did just that one a few times before I started rotating in others. It's so weird how effective it feels as a total body workout. Like you said, your muscles feel used, you sweat, but there is nothing complicated or over-tiring. I don't think you need to add on any weights to the workout. Especially if you're having adrenal issues! But maybe try the FigureDumb workout next after doing this one a few times, since that one uses light weights, and see how you feel.

I think the cast in the videos adds to the good feeling. They all seem happy, but you can also see them sweating and know they're feeling the workout. Jung Dayeon is very encouraging, not a bit condescending or overly peppy. And I like the counting, but I always tend to like workouts that count out loud in 8's, like Tae Bo or Ballet Beautiful, because it feels meditative, but not counting so high that it feels like it's never going to end! The pace of these makes that feeling even more so for me.

As Sweet As Sugar - I'm not a flexible person at all and I don't really like taking time to stretch even though I know I should, but her stretch workouts are also very enjoyable for me and not dread inducing at all.

I plan to keep doing these until I feel like I'm back to where I can start a Tapout XT & XT2 rotation. That's what I really want to do, but for now I'm enjoying this journey to getting back on the horse!
Old 04-04-23, 02:52 AM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
Jenilu- That's the one I started with as well! I did just that one a few times before I started rotating in others. It's so weird how effective it feels as a total body workout. Like you said, your muscles feel used, you sweat, but there is nothing complicated or over-tiring. I don't think you need to add on any weights to the workout. Especially if you're having adrenal issues! But maybe try the FigureDumb workout next after doing this one a few times, since that one uses light weights, and see how you feel.

I think the cast in the videos adds to the good feeling. They all seem happy, but you can also see them sweating and know they're feeling the workout. Jung Dayeon is very encouraging, not a bit condescending or overly peppy. And I like the counting, but I always tend to like workouts that count out loud in 8's, like Tae Bo or Ballet Beautiful, because it feels meditative, but not counting so high that it feels like it's never going to end! The pace of these makes that feeling even more so for me.

As Sweet As Sugar - I'm not a flexible person at all and I don't really like taking time to stretch even though I know I should, but her stretch workouts are also very enjoyable for me and not dread inducing at all.

I plan to keep doing these until I feel like I'm back to where I can start a Tapout XT & XT2 rotation. That's what I really want to do, but for now I'm enjoying this journey to getting back on the horse!
Thankyou so much!! You keep giving me just the right information. I was sick today, so just rode the recumbant, but want to get back to it. If you think they can get you back to tapout, they must be very sneaky at building endurance. Are the 10 minute ones any good (close to these) where I could add them on to easy things or maybe some morning movement. - That is 1 thing I have been trying for years to work up to and can not seem to get my brain and body to do intentional movement in the mornings. It wants to do it late at night, and I know that hasn't been good for me in the long run. i am a night owl and it is not doing my health any favors. Maybe if I can split up some workouts (like 10 minute ones and qigong, etc, maybe I can eventually get there- but I have talked that for a LONG time and never managed to do it, always ends up being late at night, other than walking my dog) (Sorry, you always let me ramble. Thankyou, lol). Oh, and she posted a new one either today or yesterday. I, especially after only doing the 1, have no idea if she has kept the same style of WO all this time.

AsSweetAsSugar (and anyone else) Are the stretch ones a type of workout, or more for doing along with something else? (I guess I should say, are they intended to be the workout, because I know most of us wouldn't consider it that, but i am trying to). There was a LOT of just stretching in the first adrenal program I was doing, and I had to cut it short because, seeing as how that was supposed to be the gentle version, there were no alternative moves, and certain joint and muscle issues I am having right now really got aggravated and in pain. I had to let up. The next program, is more active and less stretching. altho there may be a few days that are just that. (Its not the pain from being inflexible or I'd try to work thru it, lol). I do love the endings where there are legs up the wall tho. That is supposed to calm the nervous system. (as long as I don't have arms wide in a T too long) (These stretches I am talking about are not the Asian programs, they are another thing I am in and trying to learn to adapt them as i can. In case I was confusing anyone, sorry!!)

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
Old 04-04-23, 12:22 PM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

While I was having a look at the You Tube clips, Dance Fit with Jessica came up and some of her dance is virtually the same thing. Granted, different style, faster, different music, different moves but done mostly on the spot with plenty of leg, ab and arm action.
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-23, 12:36 PM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagreen01 View Post
While I was having a look at the You Tube clip, Dance Fit with Jessica came up and some of her dance is virtually the same thing. Granted, different style, different music, different moves but done mostly on the spot with plenty of leg, ab and arm action.
I’m interested to give both styles a try and see how that feels. Both styles are definitely good for a not much space workout.
Funny that she came up. She has had DVDs in the past, and can get pretty intense or high impact )atleast lots of choreography usually), which atleast in the past was always too much for me (If its dancy, I like Reps to the Rhythm because he is so easy to follow, I have never been able to follow choreography well, but thats just my own grain of salt, lol)

Old 04-04-23, 01:05 PM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

Quote:
Funny that she came up. She has had DVDs in the past, and can get pretty intense or high impact )atleast lots of choreography usually), which atleast in the past was always too much for me (If its dancy, I like Reps to the Rhythm because he is so easy to follow, I have never been able to follow choreography well, but thats just my own grain of salt, lol)
Definitely more choreography, more intense. I think the arms abs hips intensity on the spot with Jessica struck me as same same but different.
I have never heard of Reps to Rhythm, something else to check out.
Old 04-04-23, 03:04 PM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagreen01 View Post
Definitely more choreography, more intense. I think the arms abs hips intensity on the spot with Jessica struck me as same same but different.
I have never heard of Reps to Rhythm, something else to check out.
If you like very low impact and definately not complex, i love him. Ths one is probably my favorite, at a sweet spot of around 20 minutes (a few minutes longer) but it is more of a boxing dance, lol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaF3...t=811s&pp=iAQB
(he has a lot of workouts with 70's/80's music too, which I love, but this one is just fun to me)

eta: I use "dance" loosely because he does the moves to the music

Old 04-05-23, 03:50 AM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

Quote:
If you like very low impact and definately not complex, i love him. Ths one is probably my favorite, at a sweet spot of around 20 minutes (a few minutes longer) but it is more of a boxing dance, lol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaF3...t=811s&pp=iAQB
(he has a lot of workouts with 70's/80's music too, which I love, but this one is just fun to me)

eta: I use "dance" loosely because he does the moves to the music
Thanks for the link, and cats, bonus!
Old 04-06-23, 03:03 PM  
Fonzie
VF Supporter

Thanks for starting this thread. I tried Jung Da-yeon's Bodyball Abs today. Just perfect for what I wanted. Her other workouts look interesting also.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
figurerobics, jung dayeon, youtube, youtube channels