Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-23, 02:31 AM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
I'm so glad I was able to "unstick" that for you, haha

Another thing I meant to say before (I was typing with a kitty on my lap so I didn't get to go into a whole lot of detail!) is that I really like the pacing of Jung Dayeon's workouts. Soooo many workouts move too quickly to the point where I feel like I'm sacrificing form. Her workouts are the right pace for me, and the counting helps as well, because you know how long each move is going to last. But I can't overemphasize how much the pace of the workouts has made them so much more enjoyable for me than most other things I've been doing lately. They are kind of Ellen Barrett-ish in that they sneak up on you. You don't think it looks like much, but if you concentrate on what you're doing, you can tell you're benefiting from it and it feels like a great workout! I don't know anything about her qualifications as a trainer, but I really do believe that she comes from a place of fitness/kinesiology knowledge and didn't just throw things together.

I feel like rotating through the options she has on YouTube gives me a very well rounded program, and I also am able to substitute in some short kettlebell workouts for some added strength training on days I really feel beat and don't want to do a 30 minute workout. Lauren Brooks' Shut Up and Train, and her Kettlebell Incinerator DVDs are my go-to for that.

I've been doing Jung Dayeon as my main workout for about a month now and definitely can feel the improvement in my all around athleticism (which I absolutely have felt like I'd lost a lot of in the past couple years due to just not doing as much as I am used to doing). Her workouts make me move my body in functional ways, and with full range of motion. I do one of her workouts about 3-4 days per week, and 1-2 Lauren Brooks workouts a week. My main goal when I started was just to get back into working out consistently but I didn't know where to start because my fitness level was not where I needed it to be to do the workouts that I really love (Tapout XT, Ilaria, etc.), and the usual suspects for restarting (Jessica Smith, Leslie Sansone, Powerfit) just don't click for me. I pulled out the Figureobics DVDs, and also went to her YouTube channel, and everything just clicked into place.

Sorry to go on so long! I had been meaning to make a thread here about doing these workouts but just hadn't gotten around to getting it started, so your thread gave me the opportunity to post about it and to solve your brain-stick, lol!!
Oh goodness!! Thankyou so much for all that detail!! I needed to hear all that and appreciate it so much. Those are the kinds of things I am really needing to know about anything I am going into these days. I want to get back to kettlebells again so bad. I hope to soon. i tried just a few minutes the other day and, it didn't work out and upset me. i am gonna try the next level of my adrenal program, and do it every other day since its several steps up from the other part i have been doing, and i hope I can insert these in there maybe 3 of one and 4 f the other (alternating) each week for a bit. (unless I see a squirrel - but have been trying to stay more consistant at doing a few things til I can benefit from them and not jump around so much to the point i am hardly doing anything because of exhaustion or overthinking)
Bless you!

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-23, 02:36 AM  
JENILU

Thankyou all so much!! Is it still possible to get her workouts? Are they in English? I would hate to adore them and then they disappear.

to the one who asked about the danciness, I haven't tried any yet. They don't look complicated, which was why i was interested, but i know all that belly pumping has a certain trick to it to be effective (I believe so, that is not from experience). If you click on the home page of any of those videos tho, you will find a ton more ( a lot overlapping), and if some are hard, I am sure there are a bunch more that are (in theory) much easier.

Blessings to all of you!! I am excited to find something different for me to try!!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
Old 04-02-23, 06:38 AM  
T2B

AsSweet - good to see your post. I vaguely remembered that you were a fan of Jung Da-yeon.

Zrapiel/Jenilu - thanks for posting the links. I think I’m going to do some of these this week, during my work breaks. I’m always looking for low impact workouts that can boost my movement throughout the day.

Jenilu - let us know how you’re feeling after you do a few of these. I thought some of the ab tucks looked similar to Shaun T’s Rocking Abs tuck.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-23, 11:52 AM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negin View Post
These workouts all look great, and I'm adding them to my to try out later playlists.

Question: are they very dance-y and/or challenging to do for someone like me who's not the greatest dancer, and who tends to avoid dance-type workouts altogether?
Negin - Jung DaYeon's workouts are not very dance-y at all! Very simple moves repeated for a few eight counts and then you move on. Nothing that I would call choreography at all. Some of the other videos posted on this thread definitely look more Zumba-ish / dance-y.

Jenilu - There aren't any English versions that I know of. All of the audio is Korean but most of what they do is counting (which is in English) from 1-8. The YouTube versions do caption her cues in English. The DVDs caption in Chinese and Japanese, but not in English. I don't even know if you can find the DVDs on Ebay any longer, but honestly the YouTube videos are better quality video than the DVDs. I would try to figure out a way to download the workouts from YouTube if you can. I know there are threads here about the best way to do that.

As Sweet As Sugar - I remember you and Sharaz both being really into these workouts several years ago. I was right there with you guys, but I don't remember if I ever posted in your threads! I remember all of us (and a few others here) being into a lot of the same types of workouts through the years

T2B - These being low impact was another thing that made a difference for me in regards to sticking with it. As far as the tucking on the other videos posted in this thread, it definitely reminds me immediately of the Hip Hop Abs workouts by Shaun T. I think HHA, Rockin' Body, Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire all used that standing crunch move as a base move for those workouts!
Old 04-02-23, 12:08 PM  
Negin

Stephanie, thanks so much.
Old 04-02-23, 12:56 PM  
JENILU

T2b - Thankyou! I remembered somebody had a lot of ab tuck instruction. I think it was even "revolutionary" in the infomercials or something, lol- it was something Beachbody, atleast that if not that one and Turbo Jam. These youtube videos look a lot faster (I think) tho, on that.

Zraipel - I may try to do that downloading, and no, I never did learn how, lol. But good, old do-able workouts seem to always disappear. Like, I can't remember the name, but that very popular Mari Winsor Hips and Thighs one. I'd always done it on youtube, and now I can't find it anywhere- even on DVD. And I don't mind another language, i just wondered if the DVDs had been changed for US and I just totally missed all this ((I know I missed any word about them on here. But I started looking on youtube again, because those are what I'd found (What you posted, not what I had posted, but they are slightly similar)back in the day.- possibly not officially posted, but posted by someone, back then on youtube)) Hopefully that made sense. My words are jumbling together. {{HUG}}

Another note about the youtube WO's- one of those channels is titled Zumba, and that may be why y'all think its dancy? Its not. But when I searched again, a few of the videos on some of those channels do have things like jogging and jumping jacks, thats probably as hard as they get, and something I modify anyway. If you don't mind a lot of repetition, these look fun to me, if you love "take it from the top", then this is not it at all.

Old 04-02-23, 01:06 PM  
Negin

Jenilu, thank you, and thanks for starting this thread.

By the way, I love all of your quotes.
Old 04-02-23, 01:34 PM  
T2B

I did the Mira Pham Zumba workout this morning (Jenilu - 3rd link in your post). I wanted to see how it felt to squeeze in a workout between breakfast and starting my main workout. Definitely great for lubricating ligaments and tendons/muscles and easing into movement. There are some Zumba moves interspersed throughout the routine. Also, there’s running in place and a few jumping jacks. 2972 steps. Definitely got my heart rate up and I loved that it was minimal impact (I did not do the jumping jacks, too early for jj ).

Jenilu - yes, thank you for asking the question and thanks to everyone else for providing input as well.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-23, 02:09 PM  
JENILU

Negin- Aww, thankyou and bless you!

T2B - Thankyou so much for that review. I was skimming/previewing thru them and had no idea there was anything even remotely zumba - ish, lol. Guess skimming doesn't do as much good as i thought, haha

Old 04-03-23, 09:49 AM  
donnamp

Thank you for this thread - Jung DaYeon's workouts look quite interesting to me!

Will have to give one a try sometime.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
figurerobics, jung dayeon, youtube, youtube channels