Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Notices

Old 04-21-24, 02:47 PM  
ChelePA

PL… funny, you mention jazz and knowing little about it. My daughter was doing her schedule for the fall semester and she’s taking a jazz class. Theater or music is required. She’s staying far away from anything that requires acting. We had a good laugh since she doesn’t know anything about jazz but it’s better than the other options.
Old 04-21-24, 04:12 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Chele, funny... at my toastmasters meeting yesterday someone did a speech about strange/fun college classes. One that was mentioned was "Clap for Credit" at UW Madison (where my husband went). Basically they needed an audience for the theater/music majors to practice, so it's a one credit class to go and watch performances. And it turns out.... "underwater basket weaving" was really a class at Rutgers. It was a no-credit class to get people comfortable with scuba gear.

I know what you mean about music in workouts, but these workouts I guess are a bit more like physical therapy, maybe? I find I do need to really focus. Cardio would be impossible without music!

I woke up in the night feeling sore from weeding yesterday, but by the time I woke up in the morning it wasn't so bad. Phew.

ChoreMax today! Oh, I did see the ending of that Knicks/76ers game yesterday -- it seemed like they might have come back!

Sending good weather your way!!
Old 04-21-24, 08:40 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy end of the weekend, all! I have terrible Monday dread...there's stuff going on with my job that has me at my wit's end and is stressing me out, sigh.

Today was TA Meta Glute level 3 plus Ballet Beautiful Blast Series. Feelin' it today, ouch!!

LL, my favorite Ben and Jerry's flavor is peanut butter cup! I love anything peanut butter and chocolate combined. But I really like the peanut buttery ice cream flavor of this one!

FN2/Lawnmower Muscle (love this!!), laughing at the thought of you sending me a cake, hah!! You and I are very similar in how we like to work in the kitchen.

Horusosiris, kudos to you for doing Cardio Slam! Yeah, if I ever get around to doing something like an Imax again, I'm sure it's going to hurt in more ways than three. Thank you again for all the recipes!!

Bee, I was just asking on Lia because Tracey uses music on anything barre/circuit/otherwise, but her Pilates classes do NOT use any music. At first, that threw me off, and then I realized kinda why (so she can use her own rhythms). Also, I realized I tend to be super-focused when there's no music during those workouts, just concentrating on what is going on with my body and listening for her cues. Now I really like that there's no music in those, go figure!! But yeah, barre/other workouts really need the driving music, to me at least.

Chele, laughing about your daughter and the staying away from acting, hah hah hah!! Maybe she'll really enjoy jazz!

Sorry to anybody under a terrible weather warning, gah. We're so mild and lovely right now, I'm trying to enjoy it before the triple-digits come.

Waves all!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
Old 04-21-24, 10:08 PM  
ChelePA

Kittybug… also a big peanut butter fan. Love Chubby Hubby!
Old 04-22-24, 05:12 AM  
Peukalo-Liisa
VF Supporter

Chele, is it a dancing jazz class or more about jazz history / theory? I usually know when the improvisation starts, so I can clap with a fake expert face, haha.

Kittybug, we don't have peanut butter B&J in my supermarket, so I need to do a proper investigation I usually go for chunky monkey or cookie dough.

I listened to an episode of The best life podcast where they talked about being fit after 40s and got second thoughts about Rise Lite, so maybe will try it for a bit more (or not). Today was another 30 min of B3 signature, which felt like a nice cardio.
Old 04-22-24, 12:01 PM  
ChelePA

PL… I’m hoping it’s a theory/history class because that girl has no rhythm in her body whatsoever. Ha ha. Chubby Hubby is also peanut butter flavored with pretzels for an added crunch. Yummy!

Bee… those are some interesting classes for credits.

Continuing with my Step Boss plus Strong and Sweaty combined rotation. Really enjoying it. S&S Boot Camp + Abs. That plank complex always challenges my balance due to the speed of the movements. Some days are better than others . Finished with a 10 minute yoga flow, floor poses only.

After I walk the dogs, grocery shopping is on my chore list for today.

Hoping everyone had a nice weekend!

Happy Earth Day!
Old 04-22-24, 02:05 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I’m giggling at the course choices! I guess it’s good to have some relief from more rigorous classwork. We had some “break” type classes but they were mostly PE and only worth a partial credit vs a full credit which all of the other classes were worth (even those with separate labs, which was annoying to this science degree person who had a ton of labs but I’ve—mostly--gotten over it by now )

Workouts: C Live #381 “Plyo” Legs Low Impact. I upped the impact a bit, but I did enjoy this one. One of the participants (Janet) turned 75 in this one with Cathe presenting her with a gift bag and balloons! This was in 2022 and she is still participating at 77! She is so inspiring to me!

C Dorner Cardio Dance to Pitbull’s Jumpin’. Wow, this was so darn fun! I really enjoy her cardio dance routines.

Okay, I mentioned the Chubby Hubby flavor to DH and we might just have to pick some up, although we have WAY too many sweets in the house at this point. We are both suckers for peanut butter anything, yes, chocolate and peanut butter. The Valentine’s box of chocolates DH gets for me (well, for both of us) has homemade peanut butter cups and I save them for last as they are just so scrumptious they need to be savored, relished, and swooned over.

Ectobug, please give reviews of the Lemon Cake if you try it!

LL, do you have a link to the podcast that you listened to? It’s sounds interesting.

Gotta run! Waves and hugs!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
Old 04-22-24, 02:28 PM  
Peukalo-Liisa
VF Supporter

Cataddict, here you go https://www.thebestlifepodcast.com/e...achel-cosgrove
The hosts interviewed Rachel Cosgrove, who just released the book "Age strong", and I want the book too
Old 04-22-24, 03:25 PM  
ChelePA

Cataddict…I love Pitbull!!! But no coordination on those dance routines. Let me know if you try Chubby Hubby!
Old 04-22-24, 03:26 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

LL, thanks for the link! I realize I have Rachel Cosgrove’s Drop Two Sizes and I have never done it I just took it out to look at it so I might just have to give it a try, although I am not looking to drop two sizes.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in