Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-25-22, 07:28 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

It's a rainy day here - my skylight is dripping - I need to make a call to the people that installed it to likely get it replaced. It'll be rainy all day - the spring yard can use it - I mowed yesterday. It's weird NOT to have to take a walk in the rain as I did with Gus. Today I'll be meeting some work friends for lunch and then going to a group meeting on the senior co-op I've put in money for this evening. I've let Adelija know I won't be around for dinner, although she's been out with friends most evenings. I'll be getting her friend here for the weekend as her host parents are getting out of town. It'll be a crazy busy weekend ahead!

Paula, you're still getting lots in your day despite not feeling 100%! I don't get NetFlix, although sign-up is just a few buttons away on my TV - I used to use them when they sent you DVDs for rent .

Laura, You've had a long day also! I'm thinking about calling and inviting over a friend from circus that's become a realtor. She could give me ideas on what needs fixing here and what can stay when I prepare for selling this place. I'd like to get a first time home owner that I can leave the gardening and outdoor equipment for and maybe something like my big speakers for my living room (I have surround sound) - just sized for this place.

Waves to all!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-22, 07:51 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It was a nice day. I putzed around and got stuff done, but it felt restful. I had my infusion yesterday and I experienced an "infusion hangover" this morning. So, I skipped the YMCA. Dad had a skin cancer place removed from his head yesterday and couldn't go anyway. I got a load of laundry done and some clean-up done in the kitchen and did a pick-up at Whole Foods and I took DH to his PT appointment and I went by the chiropractor.

Anita - I'm sorry about the skylight! I hope you can get it fixed soon. Talking to a realtor is a good idea. In this market, hopefully, you won't need to have too much fixed, especially with all the work you already did. We've never had a problem leaving stuff for people that they might find useful.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-22, 09:15 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. No formal workout today, I did do a neighborhood walk with DH. Hung around the house again today feeling a bit under the weather but better than yesterday. Every day seems a bit better. I managed to do some laundry, baked two loaves of sweet bread for DH, and I finished the quilt top - still have a long way to go on the quilt. All in all I'm feeling it was a productive day in spite of everthing. Tomorrow maybe I'll actually leave the house.

Anita, I can feel your frustration with that skylight though the page! I don't blame you, you've been fighting the leaks on this skylight all winter. A visit with your realtor friend to guide you on what to do to your house is an excellent idea. You've kept that house in such good condition I'm sure it will sell quickly when you choose to sell.

Laura, glad you had a nice restful day too. Hope the skin cancer your father had removed was a small one. It takes a few days for the site to heal.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-22, 07:41 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I've been up early - had to deliver Adelija to school at 7 am for a field trip. I also have a trip to the auto place scheduled to fix one of my wipers - the plastic tabs holding the rubber part of my front wiper have broken off so the rubber keeps flopping about. Hopefully that's a quick fix. No Carcassonne today . Otherwise planning on putzing around the house and yard. My info session with the senior co-op people went well yesterday - I'm glad I have my name in their line. I look forward to getting in there and customizing my place before it's built - does sooooooo much better than getting in for something already built.

Adelija will have her friend Arina stay here this weekend - her host parents are out of town this weekend. Do I have enough food in the place for her also? NOOOOOO! We were working on clearing out Adelija's foods. She and her boyfriend want to go to the airport to send Adelija off next week - oy!

Laura, hope you're feeling back to normal today! I'm hoping with this co-op I'll have better timing idea to get stuff done on this house - I'll need painting inside and outside and the skylight fix. I've got a panel in my fridge that the buttons don't work on, but the fridge itself is fine - don't know if that would need fixing. Hope your father can get back to swimming with you next week!

Paula, it does sound like you had a very productive day! I'm hoping the sale of this house would go quickly - sounds like the market is slowing down a bit with rising interest rates and mortgage rates.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 05-26-22, 07:07 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

The woman I train in-person cancelled this morning. Actually, she sent me an email last night I just saw. Anyway, I was glad for another morning around the house. We had tree people come and thin out the tree nearest the sun porch. They also shortened the limbs closest to the sun porch, thus ending the squirrel super highway to the roof of the porch. They also took out a small tree that just wasn't right. This afternoon, we got haircuts. (Double yay!) I also cooked DH a chicken rice broccoli casserole.

Anita - I'm glad the session went well and you feel good about it. It sounds like you can customize a home there. Sorry you suddenly need food for the weekend. I hate it when that happens. (And it does happen when I'm not tracking what DH has eaten and how much he has left.)

Paula - Congrats on the walk and getting out into nature a little bit. I hope tomorrow is much better.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 05-26-22, 07:50 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was some gentle yin yoga and a neighborhood walk with DH. Still recovering but feeling better each day. My appetite is coming back. I've dropped three pounds since this began - just couldn't eat and didn't have any appetite. I'm glad I can eat now without pain and food is looking good to me again. Although I'm eating light, anything heavy is still a no go.

Anita, sounds like you're going to have a housefull for the weekend. Isn't it always the way - you're weeding out food and now you need it - Murphys law of life. So are you going to have to drive all the kids to the airport? Three teens plus Adelija's luggage? You'll have a full car. Hope you have a moment for a quiet goodbye with her. I know this year has had its ups and downs but I suspect you will look back on this year with fondness and at least some good memories. Glad this co-op is looking promising and like the answer for you. I've heard there's a slow down in home sales but I've also heard it's tied to price. With the rise in mortgage interest rates and the rise in home prices the top was hit where people can't afford to buy. If your home isn't high end I suspect the potential for a fast sale is greater. Your real estate friend can probably tell you what a realistic price is. Besides, by the time you want to sell, everything could change again.
Real estate has a habit of doing that - like stock, it's goes up and down like a seesaw.

Laura, yay for another lazy day. Sounds like the tree trim has opened up your porch. I like the visual of the squirrel supper highway. We used to have cats that liked to run accross the roof at night making a racket. Not sure what happened to them, hopefully they just got old, fat, and lazy.
Old 05-27-22, 07:02 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

It's the last day of school for Adelija! - I'll let her pass next Tuesday as she'll be packing away. I'll be taking her to school then going to the WRC for my morning. I might stop by the grocery store to pick up more food for my extra person this weekend, but Adelija has worked on using up all the flour yesterday making cookies - I don't keep flour in my house... Today will be a Top 10 weather day here, so hope to open windows again and warm up . I'll probably do some more weeding - I scattered Gus's ashes out back in my garden yesterday.

Laura, I used to have so many more trees for the tree people to work on - now just two... but they were here this week spraying my crabapple. Glad you found some more time with the client cancelling .

Paula, glad you're feeling better - hope the improvement continues . I don't know how many people are coming with us to the airport or trying to meet at the airport - it'll be a nightmare as security is so much stricter not allowing people to the gate and Adelija can't go back and forth from behind the security line - we're also heading for the airport at 5:30 am . It's been an overall good year - she's a really good kid! I doubt I'll do another kid though as I'll most likely be moving on to the co-op. This co-op is money managed a bit differently from others here in town - you pay one price for your unit, and then fees and mortgage on top of that (I think you buy 60% cost of your unit), value increases 4% a year if you sell. Others give you a 15%, 30%, 60% or 90% price to begin and you inherit that rate when you sell. If real estate explodes with profits, you'll still earn 4% per year, if it drops, you'll still get a 4% profit per year. I like that. Cats running over the roof? I definitely get squirrels and maybe a raccoon. As long as animals can't crawl into my attic, I'm OK with their trips.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 05-27-22, 07:36 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It was a bad-weather day here. I started the day going to the YMCA and when I left, it had started spritzing. We had someone from a cleaning company come and give us an estimate. We're going to give them a try. This afternoon, it stormed here - thunder and a deluge of rain.

Polly has experienced all the feels today - loving, excited (about going outside), content (laying on our floor), anxious (about the thunder), and mad (we aren't letting her out this evening). I hope she stops pacing and glaring at us at some point.

Anita - It sounds like that place protects you from the severe swings in price. Given how high values are right now, it could turn out well for you. I don't mind if animals are on our roof. I just don't want to give them easy access so that they can have a convention up there. Scatting Gus' ashes in the back yard seems so appropriate. He spent so much good time back there.

Paula - Cats? Ugh. I can see how they would make a lot of noise. Sometimes, when Polly is running up our hall, it sounds like a herd of buffalo. It's good you are getting your taste back. That has to be discombobulating. Keep feeling better!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 05-27-22, 07:42 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 25 (finished it - yay) and a neighborhood walk with DH.

Anita, hooray for Adelija - last day of school! I think making cookies is an excellent way to use up fllour - or since she has so many friends overnight, maybe breakfast muffins? Is Adelija flying directly home or does she have a stop over somewhere before heading home. Do you have a few words when you scattered Gus' ashes? He was a good guy. Enjoy the good weather - perfect start to the summer. Time to pull out the barbeque.
Old 05-28-22, 08:20 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

It's a rainy morning, but should clear up by about 10 am - by then hopefully the girls downstairs will wake up - she's got two friends over right now. I'll plan on taking a walk this morning and then more putzing in the house and garden. Yesterday I took 2 carloads of bush trims to the compost site. I might also have to stop by the grocery store to pick up food for the girls and the final picnic on Monday. They are eating me out of house and home! Argh! I just spent the last hour on the phone with my bank - they had cashed a big check that they had already cashed a year ago! It put me into negative balances . I did call and talk to them and they saw the duplication and will cancel it - hope they catch all of their fees and penalties also!

Laura, nice to get a cleaning service! It's not a really popular thing in our neighborhood - I'd consider it if it's at the end of my living here and get all the ceiling corners free of spider webs and all appliances cleaned up for the final move. I had planned on keeping all my pets ashes for dispersal with mine at the end, but figure they've all been out back in my yard and loved being out there so I've scattered them out there - Cosmo, Berry, Snickers, Chloe, and Gus.

Paula, Hope you're getting back to normal now! Adelija is first stopping by Washington DC and her next flight to Europe is the next day. At first I was nervous that she'd spend the night in the airport, but the DC group of her organization are picking her up from the airport, feeding her and giving her a hotel room - nice! The next day she flies to Europe and transfers to a small plane for a trip to Latvia.

Waves to all!

Anita