Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-07, 02:18 PM  
TinaT

I know it's been asked........BUT....

Can I use my original 2 piece fanny lifter or my Reebok Step instead of the slanted step used in the newer FIRM workouts? I do NOT want another piece of equipment. I've been thinking about whether or not I should try some of the Post-Benson FIRMS but hate all the newer equipment. I did try the BSS1 set and it just didn't feel right. Maybe b/c it was the first set to be released since Anna sold. I really don't know...but back to my question.

Having to buy anymore equipment right now, just isn't doable, so I'm hoping these are easily modified. Anyone who has modified using other equipment, please let me hear from you.

TIA ~
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-07, 02:59 PM  
willbefit

I don't have BSS4, but I did modify with equipment I already had (the Step Co. step and the High Step) for a while using BSS3. It was doable, but the incline wasn't the same (not as steep) and it was kind of a pain to keep taking it apart and putting it back into that configuration. I did it using a picture someone posted here on the forum. Later, a kind VF'er sent me the BSS3 step for only the cost of postage and I have used that ever since. Much easier!
willbefit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-07, 03:04 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

You can make do with what you have.

I use my Reebok step with one end higher than the other and it works fine. I keep my FL handy for when they move to tall box work. You also have to switch your step around fast when they return to aerobic moves on the step, but it can be done.

I especially enjoyed the Jiggle Frees.
Old 03-02-07, 03:10 PM  
TinaT

Jane P.

What position is the high end in with your Reebok....1,2,3? Does it rock on you at all? I never thought of dropping one end. I'll have to set it up and see what it feels like. Thanks for the idea!
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bss3, bss4, transfirmer