Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-06-06, 06:02 PM  
Deb

BOSU vs BOSU Sport--opinions?

I am in the market for a Bosu, and at fwonline I noticed they sell the regular Bosu for $119.95, but they also sell a smaller Bosu "Sport" in 2 sizes. In the interest of spending less money, I am thinking of purchasing the Bosu Sport 55, but I wanted to check first to see if anyone knows any reasons why I shouldn't.

Link to Regular Bosu http://www.fwonline.com/bosu.htm
Link to Bosu Sport http://www.fwonline.com/bosusport.htm
Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-06, 08:28 AM  
FirmHeels

I have both the big one and the sport, and I really like each of them for different reasons. If they had made the sport back when I first bought my regular one, I would have started with the sport. I also think the sport is better made and will last longer (my regular one is easy to pop off, where the sport is made differently).
FirmHeels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-06, 08:30 AM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

I wish they had THAT BOSU when I was hauling my BOSU around to my clients houses!!!

Proud GRADUATE of P90X!! TWICE Class 2007&2008!!
Burn Burn BUUUUURRRRRNNNN!

One's main goal in life is to give birth to oneself.
If you are not busy being born, you are busy dying!
~^~RedFlame~^~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-06, 10:16 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I don't have one, but have seen both and have recently added the sport one to my wish list. For me, the decision came down to the length of my legs. The original one is just taller than my short legs can handle and I was seriously afraid I'd hurt myself before I got strong enough to handle the balancing issues. The smaller one seems much more manageable for me.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-06, 10:28 AM  
FirmHeels

That's a great point I should have mentioned - the sport is much better IMO if you intend on using it more for cardio, like a step. I am tall, but the regular BOSU is pretty tough to safely use as a step - I am so worried about my knees. The regular one is much more challenging to the core, no doubt about it, but the sport provides an excellent challenge as well and is a great place to start.
FirmHeels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-06, 10:30 AM  
belle411

Lightbulb

Laura, I'm like you too! How tall are you? I'm exactly 5 feet tall & will only do step work at 6 inches tall. So I was worried that the regular BOSU would be too tall for me.
Old 06-07-06, 11:06 AM  
sonja_p
VF Supporter

I'm 5'5" and used to have the regular one. It was just way to high for me. I got rid of it and bought the sport and like it so much better!
sonja_p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-06, 11:27 AM  
Shoe Diva

http://www.performbetter.com/SearchR...alance&kw=bosu
Found this but I've never used this site.
Shoe Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-06, 03:23 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle411
Laura, I'm like you too! How tall are you? I'm exactly 5 feet tall & will only do step work at 6 inches tall. So I was worried that the regular BOSU would be too tall for me.
I'm 5'4" and my legs are proportionally shorter than the average. At 5 foot, even if you legs are longer than the average, I'd still be concerned by the height of the original.

Of course, keep in mind that my balance is not the best in the world. It has improved dramatically over what it used to be since I started exercising. The reason I'm so drawn to the Sport is that when I put my foot up on the original I got a flash of scene of my flying off the thing and breaking a bone. When I tried out the Sport, I was unsteady, but I felt it was doable.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-06, 05:50 PM  
Deb

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. I'm so excited cuz I ordered the Bosu Sport today!! I can't wait to get it!YAY!
Deb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bosu, bosu sport