Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-05, 08:04 PM  
izzyp

The upscale transfirmer.

Has anyone ever seen,or even better own the Rebook Deck. What a cool design. I think it is a high end up scaled version of the Transfirmer,but far more versitile. I would love to have one . It is a sturdy l ooking valualble addition to any serious fitness fan. IF I didn't love my bench so much,I would probably consider this piece. Check it out,and let me know if anyone has one,and what you think of it. rebookdeck.com. Alta,gotta hear your opinion for sure.
izzyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-05, 08:17 PM  
Minnie

Reebok Deck

Here's the correct link. Anyone know how much it costs?
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-05, 08:21 PM  
izzyp

Im such a dork. I spelled Reebok wrong. That would be two e's,not two o's. Sorry about that. reebokdeck.com.
Old 07-22-05, 08:33 PM  
lisald

That's more of an upscale version of the Firm Box, not the Transfirmer. There are some moves in the Firm BSS4 that have you use the step to the side of the incline, which this would not allow.

Lisa

ETA: Not that it isn't cool!
lisald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-05, 08:58 PM  
WantaBeFirm

All I could find on google was for UK stores for 89.99 pounds.

Edited to add:
Found this at http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/...in668423.shtml
Quote:
The Reebok Deck It is a combination step and weight bench. You can get great full body workouts. It is developed by Reebok University, which created step, and the National Academy of Sports Medicine, one of the most respected groups within the fitness industry. It is easy and quick to alternate between cardio and strength. There are 16 different configurations for the deck, and it allows for pulling motions that, in the past, were hard to do at home.

Includes Reebok deck, two pieces of tubing of different resistance and an instructional DVD or video.
Available in home around mid-2005 at reebokdeck.com
Cost: Under $200
WantaBeFirm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-05, 09:07 PM  
Mary W
VF Supporter

ack! and just when I thought I was completely over new gadgets.

Actually, I saw that a while back, but it seemed so expensive. Has it come down in price? I forgot to look.

ETA-I just saw the above post. I don't think the price has budged. I'll wait this one out...for a change.
Old 07-22-05, 10:36 PM  
tigger

I don't think that this could be a substitute for the Transfirmer- it doesn't look like you could do cardio on the incline. I believe it is set up more like an incline weight bench. And, it is pretty expensive!
tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-05, 08:27 AM  
wnt2bfirm

I saw this demonstrated on The View and the woman said it was over $200.
wnt2bfirm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-05, 09:52 AM  
izzyp

I was thinking that the Reebok deck was a high end version, versitile piece like the concept of the Transfirmer. I realize that it will not satisfy the Firmies without the incline step piece for cardio. I do think it is way more functional,and a heck of alot more quality then the Transfirmer. Take a look at it's multi functions. The cheap resin like firm box does not compare.
Old 07-23-05, 05:11 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

I saw this at IDEA last year. It was really sturdy. I remember thinking it was *really* high with those extra gray feet under it though.

I've been wondering about it lately, wondering why I never saw it being sold retail, or workouts done using it. I guess the price would probably prevent the average home exerciser from buying it.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bss4, transfirmer