Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-05, 10:28 AM  
DawnP
VF Supporter

Can't stop doing the FIRM TransFIRMer workouts! Too fun... anyone else?

My Cathes, WHFN, BodyBar workouts, even P90X are all gathering dust - I've been doing FIRM BSS4 TransFIRMer workouts exclusively for over a month now! I'm having fun...

I've been in the mood for some intermediate workouts since I'm working through a bout of plantar fasciitis. The incline stepping feels so good on my feet.

I can't stop doing these workouts! Everytime I consider doing a different workout (got a new WHFN, got two new BodyBar workouts including gliding, my fave) I get the urge to do another one of the BSS4s instead.

As I wrote in another thread, if you're intermediate and you enjoyed many of the workouts from the FIRM's Blast series (Super Sculpting), the BSS1 add-ons (like Lower Body Sculpt 1 and Super Cardio Scupt & Calorie Killer) & like the idea of the incline bench of BSS3 (but hated the set & the poor cueing & music) I think you'll enjoy the FIRM BSS4 TransFIRMer workouts.

I think the add-ons (Jiggle-Free) are among the best of the bunch. I absolutely LOVE Jiggle-Free Buns - I think it's right up there with Lower Body Sculpt I and it is so fun with the incline bench. Jiggle-Free Arms is a wonderful upper body workout & short enough that I don't dread doing it. Jiggle-Free Abs has many unique exercises and is nice and short - the actual workout itself is 17min. Cueing is very well done in these and the music is very good.

Of the three in the original kit I like SuperCharged Sculpting > Aerobic Body Shaping > Ultimate Calorie Blaster. The music in these three is definitely more like the music in BSS3 - the twangy techno stuff with vocals. But I'm enjoying them all.

Best of all the TransFIRMer is *so* sturdy and versatile. I am very happy with it. I never got any of the previous FIRM kits with the actual Fanny Lifter or Death Box so I needed the incline step. And it is very stable, heavy & well-made. When you tuck the shorter step inside the blue part and go to store them they will actually stand on their end by themselves - don't have to lean it up against anything. Love it!

I just haven't grown tired of this series yet. As my Cathe Hardcores grow dusty, a ton of virgin tapes sit unused...

Anyone else enjoying this series?
Old 05-06-05, 10:34 AM  
Marie1120
VF Supporter

I hope to be soon! Mine is on its way from Collage. Thanks for the great and glowing review. My excitement over these and the new box is building as I wait. I will be glad to get rid of the box from BSS3 and be able to use those without wrestling with that contraption!

Marie
Marie1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-05, 10:39 AM  
judy5150

Me Me Me

I love them, too! They're just so easy to reach for - no dread at all, and the weight work in these is outstanding! I can go super heavy on Supercharged Sculpting and JF Arms because I don't have to do 1,000 reps and low ends! Pam (who I had never seen before BSS3 - not an old Firm fan here) is a great instructor, and I love seeing Allie again! I like that they're not all an hour long - I can fit in a quick workout, or I can do a couple back to back (the JF's are great together) for a longer workout. An excellent set of workouts!
Old 05-06-05, 11:35 AM  
GonnaBeFirm

Dawn - since you've been doing them consistently, what sort of results are you seeing?
GonnaBeFirm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-05, 11:51 AM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

I love them too. And it's so great to see Allie looking so fit, happy, and pretty, and with abs that look terrific in that closeup shot in Jiggle Free Abs.

Cynthia
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-05, 11:54 AM  
mamavic

Where to get add ons?

Hi I love these workouts too and really love using my BSS3 workouts on the TransFIRMer ! Unfortunately I didn't order the deluxe kit from GT and now I need the jiggles too but I don't think you can buy them anywhere.

Vickie
Old 05-06-05, 12:28 PM  
lalavanb

I think Collage has them, but you have to get the deluxe set. I'm sure that the tapes will be available eventually since the others have been.
I really like these, but don't use the TFer since I'm at the weight limit and am paranoid. But it does seem very sturdy and well made and easy to store.

I have a pretty strong upper body, and seldom get DOMS, even doing series at the gym. The JF Arms gives me DOMS when I go heavy, which is a rarity for me! And the cardio blends so well with toning in JF Buns (I haven't done JF ABs) and the other are all fun too.
lalavanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-05, 02:28 PM  
Malcemar

Since you're at the weight limit lalavanb, and aren't using the tf for these workouts...are you using a club step instead? I'm around the weight limit too and at six foot four don't see myself really being able to fit on the step anyway for incline work, but I could be wrong. I have a club step and a high step that I use in place of the fanny lifter.
Malcemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-05, 03:40 PM  
lalavanb

yes, you're taller than I am, but I am much more comfortable doing laying exercises on my club step than on their TFer.

JF Arms require very little subbing- the incline for chest work is fine on my club step, and the standing incline cardio they do, I use my club step.

JF Buns- tall step for tall box work, hot cross buns uses both sections next to each other like a staircase. I use my step and just put my other foot next to the foot I step up with. Since you have two steps, you could use the tall step with your club step and just pay attention to where you are stepping on the tall step since it has a smaller surface area.

I know I've made other substitutions, but can't think of them of the top of my head. I sometimes think I miss something by not having a standing incline, but I do think using the club step works fine, with some little changes. I think these are really fun. I would also say I make fewer modifications with this (for equipment) than I do with the new WHFNs (which I modify for safety or to add intensity).

Good luck!
lalavanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-05, 03:55 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

I haven't done all the workouts yet, but I really love's Stephanie's cardio workout! I also like Super Charged Sculpting and Aerobic Body Shaping.

The only thing that I don't like are the titles. The Firm titles are so similar, that I honestly can't remember them by their titles. I'd much rather work on the New York Times crossword puzzle (that I totally suck at!)than try to remember all the Firm titles.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bss3, bss4, firm deathbox, transfirmer