Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-05, 04:50 PM  
DawnP
VF Supporter

other Weider publications:

It looks like Weider publishes Muscle & Fitness, Flex, Men's Fitness, Shape, Fit Pregnancy and Natural Health. I would assume that you could ask to substitute any of these.

If you read this article:
http://www.writenews.com/2002/112902...dia_weider.htm
Weider publications got bought by the publications mogul American Media three years ago. American Media apparently publishes the National Enquirer, The Star, Country Weekly, Country Music, a Latino entertainment magazine 'Mira!', a mass market automotive magazine 'AMI's Auto World' and a bunch of mini-mags & digests.

I also received the postcard. I've emailed customer service to ask if subscribers can ask for a different magazine to fulfill the remainder of their M&F Hers subscription.

I'll post when/if I hear back from them....
Old 04-04-05, 05:21 PM  
KickDancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnP
It looks like Weider publishes Muscle & Fitness, Flex, Men's Fitness, Shape, Fit Pregnancy and Natural Health. I would assume that you could ask to substitute any of these.

<snip>

I also received the postcard. I've emailed customer service to ask if subscribers can ask for a different magazine to fulfill the remainder of their M&F Hers subscription.

I'll post when/if I hear back from them....
Thanks so much! Hmm, I already get the free subscription to Shape; Men's Fitness and Flex don't seem any better than M&F; and I'm not that excited about Natural Health. Do you think my fiancé will get the wrong idea if I start receiving Fit Pregnancy in the mail?
Old 04-04-05, 06:27 PM  
SpiritYogi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickDancer
Do you think my fiancé will get the wrong idea if I start receiving Fit Pregnancy in the mail?
LOL........If he's like most men, it won't even sink in.
SpiritYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-05, 07:46 PM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

I just started my subscription to Health...that's all to its name. It looks pretty good. It's sort of heavy on the life coaching and all...something new to me. But it's pretty interesting and educational. I also really enjoy my Weight Watchers' Magazine...it's got a lot more in it than just diet. (Mods, delete if this is inappropriate. TIA!) They're both better than Shape is IMHO
Old 04-04-05, 08:01 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I called the number on the card today, and was told that my subscription is through another company. They gave me the number and told me that the other company could simply switch my subscription to Natural Health. I assumed it was through another company because I got my subscription through a posting here - it was either free or really cheap.

Well, when I called the other company, they told me the only subscription I have through them is Prevention. I decided to cut my losses - timewise - and simply forget it and get Muscle and Fitness. At least the recycling center will benefit.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-05, 11:35 PM  
runcrazy
VF Supporter

I finally got my postcard today (I was feeling left out!). I'm going to take the M&Fsubscription though as my husband works out too. I don't know what else I'd get?!!?!?!?

Jo
runcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-05, 06:06 AM  
like2bafit42

I received this card also. But it did say that it was going to be geared toward women also. I had bought the M&F hers thru ebay 4 a 3 yr. subscription and had only received the first 3 issues and now this. I wonder if I will get muscle and fitness for 3 yrs also. O h Well.

Tonyia D.
like2bafit42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-05, 06:57 AM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

I got the card

and immediately called and told them I did not want Muscle & Fitness and to send me a refund. The guy hem hawed, stating he would put the amount back on my credit card. I don't remember "putting" it on a credit card, as I always send a check, so I asked him which one and he couldn't tell me. So I insisted on getting a check from them and he stated they would send me the refund via check. Now, let's see if I get it or will I have to make more calls........

Denise R
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-05, 11:37 AM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

I think I got my substitute mag

Yesterday I got two issues of "Fitness" in the mail, and I know I haven't subscribed to it. I never called the number on the card, and just figured I'd get M&F, like it said. I didn't particularly want to get M&F, but figured it didn't matter.

Has anyone else gotten a different magazine, or started receiveing M&F?

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-05, 12:16 PM  
Rhonda

I am getting Natural Health and I figured it replaced M&F Hers even though the postcard said M&F. Have not seen an issue of M&F come my way yet.

Rhonda
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
muscle and fitness hers