Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-05, 07:36 PM  
chi-townpear

I got hooked on the FIRM last year after I bought BSS1. I have BSS2 & BSS3, and all of the add-ons, plus a few DVDs from the Cross-Trainers era. All together I probably have about 21 FIRM DVDs & 1 VHS (FIRM Basics w/weights). I have the fanny lifter & the FIRM box. I use a body bar in place of the sculpting stick.

I must admit, I haven't done a FIRM in months. I got a bit burnt out from all of the "gadgets". I will NOT be purchasing the Transfirmer.
chi-townpear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-05, 09:14 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer R
Susan--I remember when you were lusting after the Firm towel--"should I order it, is it frivolous, oh darn it they're discontinuing it, I'm gonna order".

I never knew about the latte mug Glad to hear you still have the towel--have you actually used it??
Oh YES, Jennifer, I remember the angst!! That was not a time in my life when I had much in the way of discretionary funds and I thought the towel was SO SILLY.

But you know what, I *do* use it and frequently. Any stretch that requires a strap (and when your hamstrings are as tight as mine, that's a lot of 'em!), I use my beloved Firm towel. It has survived many washings and is still in great shape!

And my husband serves me coffee in my latte mug any time he makes a pot.
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-05, 10:03 AM  
Denise B
VF Supporter

My first FIRM was Firm Strength in 1997. For a short box I used the Step Co step and for the tall box I used a sturdy milk crate. The crate was soon replaced by a Rubbermaid step stool based on the recommendations I read here. When BSS1 came out I was thrilled with the Fanny Lifter, which saved me the trouble of setting up my regular step and also allowed more space in my workout area.

My dowel (for Vol 6 and Tri-Trainers) is a homemaid version -- a wooden dowel with two rubber feet slipped on.

I did buy my barbell through the Firm. It's nothing special though, it doesn't have the FIRM label stamped on it like the original ones did. I use the barbell unloaded in place of the sculpting stick for BSS2 tapes.

The main reason I didn't buy BSS3 and probably will not buy BSS 4 is I don't want to buy any more steps, no matter what they are called!

I picked up a Firm latte mug during their close-out sale. I love it and it gets used all the time. It's a great soup mug!
Denise B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-05, 10:31 AM  
rubyspirit
VF Supporter

I picked up two FIRM DVDs at Target, one at Suncoast, another from Overstock.com, and received a couple of freebies with a Shape subscription. I don't own any gadgets. I use my 8" step turned "lengthwise" for all step work, and an 18 lb body bar for the sculpting stick. Regular dumbbells when the ends are taken off. I wasn't interested in BSS3 because of the slant box.

I enjoy the Goodtimes FIRM workouts better.

Tags
everything the firm, fanny lifter, firm deathbox, firm history, wooden step