Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-04, 04:30 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Here are some 30-40 minute cardio tapes - I can't step so these are not as intense as Cathe.
NAC Intervals - 40 minutes I think - I used this several times during my last SS rotation
Kathy Smith intervals off rules fat burning dvd (20 minutes), can add on other steady state from the dvd as well.
Tamilee Webb's Cardio Blast - a personal favorite
Charlene Prickett has several 30 minute floor aerobics
kathy Smith's kickboxing - you can end at about 35 for just cardio, or add some lower body work for around 40 minutes, with stretch 45 minutes, there is also a bonus core workout after the stretch now you're at 50 minutes; there is also an extra stretch on the tai chi workout - so it very useful if you have time constraints
Donna Richardsons 3-day rotation has 2 20-minute floor cardio workouts (kick & jab; dance)

- if you see my rotation above, one cardio day I usually did a shorter interval workout, the other day was a longer (60 minute) more steady state cardio but floor (Charlene or Christi usually).
Terrie
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-04, 04:32 PM  
GymRatt
VF Supporter

I would do a leisurely stroll for 30min on the treadmill following the 60 minute tapes.
GymRatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-04, 04:55 PM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

I'm not a pear by any means, but as an apple, it's all around my mid-section. Oh, my arms are bigger, too. Okay apple it is (and I'm from the Apple Capital of the World, Wenatchee, WA...how appropriate)
SS worked great for me. I did two different rotations (one was the Slim Training) last Aug. through Nov. and didn't eat like I should and folks all thought I'd lost weight. So I enjoyed the workouts and got good results as well.
Now I'm trying to eat better AND I would never do those rotations as BB has made them up. Definitely alternate with some cardio and add in more stretching whenever you can.
For cardio, I do WYWS, Get Moving walking dvd, Kathy Smith's cardio workouts, Cardio Blast, Gilad, Charlene Prickett; I try to get in one kickboxing and one step every week along with some low impact hi-lo.
I think if you like SS and Debbie, you should see positive results. But don't overtrain. Eat sensibly. And good luck!
Old 09-10-04, 07:37 PM  
Dawn3

Slim in 6 and Slim Series are the only workouts that have slimmed my thighs and butt. I finished last week with the SI6 rotation and have been doing the SS this week (3 times so far). I lost 2 sizes in my lower body and am really excited about this program because it's proven to do the job for my pear shape bod.
Dawn3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-04, 10:27 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Congratulations Dawn!

That's great to hear! I'm currently doing a Slim in 6 rotation, and am also pear-shaped! Even though I'm not seeing physical results yet (too early to tell) I'm progressively getting better. Able to do most of the floorwork that I couldn't do before. Have better balance and endurance. Am feeling like I'm toning up and can sure feel the burn in my arms and legs!

Pam
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-04, 02:27 AM  
archiesgirl

I ordered both series last week, and I'm hoping they'll come soon. I'm really in the mood for doing a rotation -- especially one that will lean me out. I will most likely do the rotations as is, though (except for maybe subbing some Cindy Crawfords in from time to time) because when I've tried adding cardio after doing a weight workout, it bothered my knees too much.
archiesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-04, 07:31 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

BIG Pear here!!!

I have a classic pear body here and I am strong. I am referred to as a Clydesdale (over 200 lbs) and I have best results with Slim Series and The Firm Rotation (older 90 day one!), floor exercises, kickboxing, etc.

My problem???? Well, I can't seem to stick to anything long enough.... I did the Slim series for 4 weeks and I was starting to have major changes, switched to something else!

Currently, I'm back to a Slim Series Rotation. This week I am doing it as written ... with the exception of a bike ride tomorrow, which prolongs the rotation a day. I am doing the "I-Bought-Them-All-I'm-Gonna-Use-Them" rotation!!! Next week I hope to add in 3 days of 30-60 mins. of cardio in addition! We'll see.

From P90X, I have gleaned that stretching is a GOOD thing! Therefore, will not blow off Cool It Off! I will do it whenever it comes up in the rotation.

Surprise factor for me? AFter doing P90X for several weeks and my legs have gotten stronger, this time around doing Slim Series (haven't done it in well over a year!) I am not DIEING of DOMS! I am sore (pleasantly!) but can function the next day, walk up steps, etc. Soooooooo I know I've gotten better.

Am watching the DREADED "D" word this time, so hope to have results and maybe eventually can post as an EX-Clydesdale! Or not!

Good luck and let us know how you're doing!

Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-04, 07:54 AM  
gettingstrong

Hi, I am apple shaped with some lbs. to lose. I just did a ss rotation I got off Ya Ya's (there are quite a few over there) It went something like this (4 weeks) Mon was either shape it up or tear it up Wed was mix it up Fri was tone it up or firm it up. Tue was step, Thur was kickbox or hi/lo and Sun was intervals. Callanetic-type w/o was added on tue,wed and thur and some yoga thrown in 2-3x a week. I lost about 1" from my upper arms, chest and calves (each) , thighs were the same (don't need to lose here - as a matter of fact, I bulk up my quads easily so I was glad they did not get bigger) waist was the same (really wanted change here) hips down 1/4". Now I am doing slim training rotation , but see I need more cardio - for my state of mind. I am trying to do better w/ my eating. This is certainly important :rolleyes: . My thighs look great and are hard and for the first time in my life , I am really wanting to train my upper body. My triceps are hard, too Marnie

Terrie, thanks for the 30min cardio suggestions.
gettingstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-04, 10:09 AM  
giorgi

I think I'm apple-ish, slendor in the hips and thighs, no saddlebags. My extra fat, 6-8 lbs, is all in the mid portion of my body. I did SS Slim Training rotation for 4 weeks a little over a year ago and the only significant difference I saw related to body changes was slightly more definition in my waistline. It was a useful rotation at the time though as I had a shoulder injury that was not stressed by the lighter weights.

Giorgi
Old 09-12-04, 07:21 AM  
Seabush

I'm a pear and gained weight doing a Slim Series Rotation. In general I found the workouts to be boring. I followed the Slim Series rotation to the letter. I didn't add extra cardio. My cardiovascular endurance also suffered doing the rotation. I traded away the workouts soon after.

Crystal
Seabush is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slim in 6, slim series success, successful weight loss