Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-21, 12:43 PM  
NancyW

I read an article the other day that if you get a swollen lymph node after getting the vaccine, it could mean you've already had Covid.
https://www.beckershospitalreview.co...-suggests.html
Old 05-01-21, 01:01 PM  
Leonana

It's been a week since my second Pfizer vaccination. No side effects at first, other than the sore arm. About a day and a half in, I had fatigue. Not severe, but it did interfere with my workouts. I also slept more. After about five days, I felt more normal, although my muscles still feel weaker working out. I think I'll wait until Monday for my regular workouts.
Old 05-01-21, 02:10 PM  
Lori_Michigan

My nerve pain eventually turned into muscle weakness in my hands so I went in to see my doctor. He thinks I am having an adverse reaction to the vaccine so I get to totally skip the 2nd shot. He thinks my immune system is overreacting to it and is slowly attacking my nervous system. I'm also having some tingling in my other hand and a little in my feet, so he's reporting it to the CDC.

It's all so odd, I did really well for the first week and then it all went down hill.

I had some odd motor symptoms yesterday as well, my grip was lessened as well as my reflexes. I'm on a watch and see as to what happens next. I guess it can take nearly a month for the immune system to dial down so this could all wax and wane for the next couple of weeks.

Funsies.
Old 05-01-21, 02:19 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
My nerve pain eventually turned into muscle weakness in my hands so I went in to see my doctor. He thinks I am having an adverse reaction to the vaccine so I get to totally skip the 2nd shot. He thinks my immune system is overreacting to it and is slowly attacking my nervous system. I'm also having some tingling in my other hand and a little in my feet, so he's reporting it to the CDC.

It's all so odd, I did really well for the first week and then it all went down hill.

I had some odd motor symptoms yesterday as well, my grip was lessened as well as my reflexes. I'm on a watch and see as to what happens next. I guess it can take nearly a month for the immune system to dial down so this could all wax and wane for the next couple of weeks.

Funsies.
Wow! That's really unusual. I know you were very concerned about the vaccine and I'm sorry you ended up having a rare reaction. I'm glad you saw your doctor and don't need the second dose. Hope those symptoms disappear soon.

Erica
Old 05-01-21, 02:26 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
Wow! That's really unusual. I know you were very concerned about the vaccine and I'm sorry you ended up having a rare reaction. I'm glad you saw your doctor and don't need the second dose. Hope those symptoms disappear soon.

Erica
Yep, I've never been able to have a vaccine that didn't give me some sort of odd reaction. A few years ago I had a tetanus shot that made me so ill that I couldn't barely get of bed for days. So when my doctor said absolutely don't get the second shot I was actually relieved. Now I just need to get through this acute reaction. I'm now on Day 16 and at least a week into this weird nerve thing, so I'm hoping that this doesn't end up getting worse. Who knows. Nothing surprises me now.
Old 05-01-21, 02:30 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Second Moderna shot last Saturday afternoon for self and DH. I had a sore arm for a few days, just like the first time, but a little less sore. And I had a little fatigue, kind of like jetlag.

Poor DH got slammed, after no side effects from the first shot besides a reddish rash at the injection site that went away after 15 minutes. This time, he woke up in the middle of the night Saturday/Sunday with chills, sweats, body aches and vomiting. He got no sleep after 2AM, so was exhausted all day Sunday with a low fever and body aches. After a good night's sleep, he was a little tired Monday but then developed a rash on his arms, torso and back (not uncommon for him when he has a cold or virus). It wasn't very itchy but his skin was hot and sensitive. By Wednesday, he was back to normal.

All much preferable than Covid, but an unpleasant couple of days for him.
Old 05-01-21, 02:30 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
Yep, I've never been able to have a vaccine that didn't give me some sort of odd reaction. A few years ago I had a tetanus shot that made me so ill that I couldn't barely get of bed for days. So when my doctor said absolutely don't get the second shot I was actually relieved. Now I just need to get through this acute reaction. I'm now on Day 16 and at least a week into this weird nerve thing, so I'm hoping that this doesn't end up getting worse. Who knows. Nothing surprises me now.
My husband is the same way. He just had his tetanus shot in March and had a severe reaction. Since it had been ten years since his last one, he didn't remember that he had a bad reaction last time too - lol. He said never again.

He didn't too bad with his covid vaccines, fortunately. I was a wreck worrying about him and am so glad he's done.

Hope you feel better soon.

Erica
Old 05-01-21, 04:25 PM  
donnamp

Lori - I hope everything resolves for you quickly. Donna
Old 05-01-21, 06:25 PM  
Leonana

Lori, I’m so sorry you are having such a bad reaction. I hope it clears up soon.
Old 05-01-21, 06:40 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Thanks everybody, that truly means a lot to me.
Closed Thread

Tags
coronavirus, covid vaccine, covid-19, vaccine, vaccine reactions, vaccines