Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-14-21, 10:44 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
I just signed up for their newsletter & did one of the free workouts. I can’t say it was what I’m looking for, it was a fast paced vinyasa called “Intention”. I think it was day 1 of a series? But I’ve browsed and I know there is lots of variety.

One question for those who’ve subscribed or done the workouts....is there a music off option? The background music was loud sort of clashing cymbals like a movie soundtrack. Did not appeal at all.
Yes, I believe you can turn off the music (at least on some of the practices).
Old 03-15-21, 09:11 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Travis just posted a trailer for Yoga Detox 30 which will start streaming on 3/17. Looks great but it's way too advanced for me. There are other programs on Inner Dimension that I want to try, so I'm definitely planning to take advantage of the 40% off before it ends on 3/22.
Old 03-15-21, 10:11 AM  
s2546

I think 30 for 30 is also a good program. I like Lauren's teaching too

sue
s2546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-21, 10:14 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2546 View Post
I think 30 for 30 is also a good program. I like Lauren's teaching too

sue
It is good. I bought a download of Y30F30 when they still offered downloads.
Old 03-15-21, 12:40 PM  
AnMrsDe

IDT really has a lot of content with great instructors. Travis and Lauren are my favorites and I haven't really clicked all that much with other instructors...maybe Brittany would be at the top. One instructor I found talked so fast that I couldn't even follow her cueing and had to keep looking at the screen all the time and had to just quit. With Travis and Lauren, I rarely look at the screen b/c their cueing is so superb.

There are quite a few different aspects of yoga included:
  1. Power
  2. Yin
  3. Restorative
  4. Meditation
  5. Wisdom Talks
  6. Gentle
  7. Pranayama
  8. Prenatal
  9. Combination
    • Also includes past series Travis has put out and certain challenges

Lengths of practices include 5-90 min. and you can search by length, difficulty, style of practice, instructor, and different challenges/series/programs. I think the 5 & 10 min. classes are mostly meditation, wisdom talks, or an instruction for a certain pose.

You can also "favorite" the classes you like the most and want to keep tabs if you tried it. (I find myself mostly choosing around the 20-30 min. classes as add-ons after a workout but lately haven't tried very many due to my flare-up of arthritic palms and downward dog and table top positions are quite painful right now on certain days).

There is a 'music off' option for most classes but I love the music, as I got accustomed to it in Ultimate Yogi. In Yoga30For30, Level Up, and others, the music builds in intensity as the poses intensify which makes it wonderful in my eyes. Everyone's preferences may vary in that regard and wish to have no music playing in the background. It's just as delicious!

To anyone on the fence - I would say at least try the 10 day option - you can always cancel before it's up but that is quite an awesome deal for a whole year!!!

HTH!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inner dimension, music off option, travis eliot, travis eliot streaming