Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-07-20, 01:35 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

I finally decided to do some prep & went to Walmart for disinfecting spray. Shelves were completely empty.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-20, 04:52 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Double Post

I posted this in another thread:

"A rustic alternative to commercial toilet paper is newspaper. We have a stack of old local papers for emergencies. I can't imagine it getting that bad, but just in case. Back in the day, folks kept old Sears catalogs in the outhouse. For reading AND sanitary use.

As for beverage alcohol, gin or vodka are NOT recommended in hand sanitizers. There is a distilled grain alcohol beverage called Everclear that is 190 proof and 95% alcohol.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everclear_(alcohol)

I use it to make perfume. It isn't sold in every state."

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-20, 09:08 PM  
Jennifer R
VF Supporter

Yep, Everclear would be perfect. (I use it for perfume too). Once my SIL and I were shopping and I got a bottle because it's not sold in HI and I wanted to bring it back. The checker, a young college age guy, jokingly said "You ladies going to party???". I told him it was for making perfume and he snidely said "right".

And when I was a child my grandparents still had an outhouse till I was 7 years old. They usually had TP but the old catalogs were in there if you needed them. I am not making this up.

"I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused"--Elvis Costello
Jennifer R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-20, 11:00 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

Ha, I was just going to post to recommend Everclear as an alternative.
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-20, 09:13 AM  
marki64

I hate the panic and price gauging, but I admit, I am starting to get a little nervous about it. I really hope we get this under control. I just wish the media woulld calm down. I would be reluctant to get on a plane right now, but I know this too shall pass.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-20, 09:52 AM  
sherry7899

There was a case announced in my county in NJ yesterday. I admit I am slightly freaking.

Eta: they tested negative. The results came back today.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-20, 10:19 AM  
LAC

I just posted in a different thread about our grocery store not having bottled water on the shelves last week. We do have a private well and our tap water is safe to drink, we just don't care for the sulfur smell. May have to get used to it.

Going through my cupboards to see if there is anything we are low on and of course it is toilet paper. I appreciate the tip about using newspaper in a pinch, but we stopped home delivery a couple of years ago in favor of online service, so that isn't going to work. I'll have to make a run to the grocery store today or tomorrow and keep my fingers crossed they have some.
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-20, 01:19 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by marki64 View Post
I hate the panic and price gauging, but I admit, I am starting to get a little nervous about it. I really hope we get this under control. I just wish the media woulld calm down. I would be reluctant to get on a plane right now, but I know this too shall pass.
For Californians (I'm not sure what other states may or may not have price gouging laws):

A State of Emergency has been declared statewide due to Coronavirus.

Californians are protected from illegal price gouging on housing, gas, food, and other essential supplies.

Anyone who has been the victim of price gouging, or who has information regarding potential price gouging, should file a complaint at http://oag.ca.gov/contact/consumer-c...ess-or-company or call (800) 952-5225, or contact their local police department or sheriff’s office.
Old 03-08-20, 08:37 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
There was a case announced in my county in NJ yesterday. I admit I am slightly freaking.

Eta: they tested negative. The results came back today.
Thanks for the update Sherry.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-20, 09:40 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
Thanks for the update Sherry.
You are welcome!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, diy