Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-15-20, 10:59 AM  
Crescent Moon
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
I also wish with the 30 min time frame there would be more focus on the large muscle groups and not getting everything in from head to toe.
This would be a dream come true.
Old 01-15-20, 12:01 PM  
TinaS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JezthePuff2 View Post
Don't forget about Step Boss! Those came out around Christmas!
Ooops.. I forgot about Step Boss! LOL... I still have not done Step Sync!!

"Don't be Defeated!" ~~ Cathe
"I know it's hard. But, do it. Please. ~~ Sylwia
"Nothing comes easy. It's always a fight. ~~ Cathe
TinaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-20, 01:37 PM  
owltx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixoo View Post
Hah, that's funny, because I'm really hoping the HiiT workouts don't use the step at all. And my ultimate dream would be to have another Double Wave Pyramid...it makes a great, quick, killer hiit even if you only do one Pyramid (so wish that premix existed). I've done the 30 min premix on Afterburn many times and there's no step, but whew! (we need a "sweating profusely" emoji)
Ha, yes, I get it! And actually I would totally be behind another Double Wave Pyramid - probably one of my most used Cathe's - mainly because it is so easy to do on travel, no equipment and done in 30. And really gets the heart rate up!
Old 01-15-20, 03:39 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by owltx View Post
Ha, yes, I get it! And actually I would totally be behind another Double Wave Pyramid - probably one of my most used Cathe's - mainly because it is so easy to do on travel, no equipment and done in 30. And really gets the heart rate up!
Me too! I really like Double Wave Pyramid for all of these reasons.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-20, 03:56 PM  
Trixoo
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
Me too! I really like Double Wave Pyramid for all of these reasons.
It's my all time favorite Cathe cardio...I didn't know there was a DWP fan club since it's not mentioned much!
Trixoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-20, 03:58 PM  
frogribbit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
I'm so torn about these -- they do sound pretty good, and the presale price is great as always, but..... I'm not sure I can do her advanced stuff, either, though it does help that it's limited to 30 minutes. It is very tempting!!
This!

I love that they are 30 minutes but it really depends on if it's a "frantic" 30 minutes where everything is done at a lightening pace.

And I agree with what someone else asked about why we are making this thread about KCM
frogribbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-20, 11:29 AM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
I wish this didn't have 2 yoga workouts as I don't go to Cathe for yoga. I also wish with the 30 min time frame there would be more focus on the large muscle groups and not getting everything in from head to toe. Since it will keep moving probably won't be very heavy...Will I still keep an eye on these? Yes, but a gal can wish...

Yes, I too doubt that I will ever use the yoga workouts. I did not care Yoga Max I hope that the Hiit workout uses NEW moves. Cathe has a tendency to use and reuse the same moves. I would prefer that she do a heavy (heavier) weight routine that is done at a reasonable pace.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-20, 02:43 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by owltx View Post
Oooh I love this idea! I hope you've suggested it to Cathe. Double Wave Pyramid HiIT is also my most used from that disc. I'd love to see an updated version of it!

I'm not sure about Cathe yoga either as yoga just isn't currently my thing, but I'm still on board with this set. I may have to pull out her Yoga Max/Relax DVD to refresh my memory on what I thought of it.

I can't see Cathe doing a frantic 30 minutes like (IMHO) the last Michele Dozois set. She can go pretty quickly from move to move, but I wouldn't call it frantic. I can see some of the Lives being condensed a bit to hit the 30 minute mark---mostly when a series of moves is repeated more than once. I guess we will see.

LOL at the idea that KCM is the "focus" of this thread. No way! There are always side roads in threads, and it makes me smile when people clap back at posters who follow temporary detours onto these roads. The main topic is the new Cathe series, and that's been the main focus of this discussion.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-20, 02:56 PM  
ronnee
VF Supporter

Super excited about these especially because I've only used Cathe onDemand and Live since May. Ironically, I was mostly using KCM before but a couple of her posts started to irk me (and now this one) and I also wanted to up my workout game and increase my workout time. Cathe has been perfect! KCM does do excellent 30 minute workouts, but I know I'll love Cathe's.
ronnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-20, 05:17 PM  
desderata

This:
Quote:
I also wish with the 30 min time frame there would be more focus on the large muscle groups and not getting everything in from head to toe.
And this:
Quote:
I love that they are 30 minutes but it really depends on if it's a "frantic" 30 minutes where everything is done at a lightening pace.
I usually pre-order from Cathe, but I'm torn on this one. I'll wait to learn more and see some clips.
desderata is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe perfect30, perfect 30, perfect flow, perfect30