Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-20, 12:08 PM  
bubbles76

Opinions on Body Groove

Happy new year!

So I've got some amazon gift cards to spend. What's your opinion on the following workouts:
  • Body Groove Gentle Groovy Yoga and Pilates - I was hoping this had that Ellen-esque, Balletone-esque feel.
  • Body Groove Spicy Latin Dance Party - is this maybe more intense that her previous releases? How is the music?
  • Body Groove Fit - okay, this isn't led by Misty, but by someone who is trying to sound an awful lot like her lol! That's my only misgiving. Well, that and it has that one country song. Country is not my favorite music genre. Should I get this anyway?

Thanks!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day

Last edited by bubbles76; 01-03-20 at 12:13 PM. Reason: fix the workout titles
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-20, 01:42 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hi Bubbles & happy new year!

I have a few Body Groove downloads that came with DVDs a while back. I gave the DVDs away or I’d send them to you as I rarely use DVDs at all any more. I have the Dance Your Heart Out series. They are very free form, not much choreography. Yesterday I started a month streaming to Body Groove as I want to try the Yoga & Pilates and a few other dance workouts. I’ve done one yoga practice. It was short, 15 min, quite pleasant, not difficult. It had a little free form movement too, reminded me a bit of Shiva Rea. I want to try Body Groove Fit as well, hope it has a bit more choreography. I find the workouts very low key and gentle if that’s what your looking for.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-20, 05:41 PM  
bubbles76

Aww Pam you are too sweet! And thanks for the feedback. I love Misty's music and laid back vibe. Definitely want something gentle but gets me glowing and feeling good.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
Old 01-03-20, 05:52 PM  
sherry7899

I enjoy Body Groove Fit. It is slightly more intense than Misty. They are good for days when I need quick and fun cardio. I do not like the country track, but enjoy the rest of the music. The instructor filmed Body Groove hiit recently.

I have only tried one yoga practice, but liked it enough to want to do it again.

Why not do a free trial of her streaming? Then you can try them all and decide what to buy.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-20, 05:56 PM  
bubbles76

Hi Sherry! I always say I'll do a trial of streaming, and then never get to it . Thanks for the feedback on Fit and the yoga; I was hoping you'd see this thread.
Old 01-03-20, 06:54 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I just did the first workout from Body Groove Fit, and I agree with Sherry that it does have a bit more choreography. It's the one with the country song at the end and I didn't mind it although I am not a country music fan, lol. I wish Misty still sold downloads. When I bought the Delicious Dance dvds, the downloads were a bonus. So I had the dvds sent to another vfer as shipping to Canada is so expensive. It's a big reason I've gotten into buying downloads.

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 01-08-20, 03:25 PM  
bubbles76

Thanks Pam! After going back and forth on Fit, I decided not to get it right now. There are often deals and specials on that one, so hopefully I can snag one at a later time. I got the Gentle Groovy Yoga and Pilates, as I figured it would be the most different from what I have. I hope I like it!
Old 01-08-20, 07:07 PM  
Calistro

I was already mulling over these, but this thread tipped me over the edge

I bought,

Body Groove Gentle Groovy Yoga and Pilates -
Body Groove Spicy Latin Dance Party
Body Groove House party
The Discover YOUR Groove Workshop

I cannot say what they are like yet as I am still waiting to receive them.
Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-20, 07:25 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
I was already mulling over these, but this thread tipped me over the edge

I bought,

Body Groove Gentle Groovy Yoga and Pilates -
Body Groove Spicy Latin Dance Party
Body Groove House party
The Discover YOUR Groove Workshop

I cannot say what they are like yet as I am still waiting to receive them.
I hope you enjoy them!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-20, 08:23 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I hope you enjoy them Bubbles & Calistro!

I’ve done one Groovy Pilates segment. It was nice but it felt more like a ballet/barre workout than Pilates.

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Tags
body groove, body groove fit, fit groove, latin groove, misty tripoli