Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-14-19, 07:14 PM  
sherry7899

Ot:any fans of the tv series Fame?

The whole series is on you tube on a channel from "Jason O. Kelly." Only the first two seasons are on dvd, so I was happy to find it.

The show is dated, cheesy and unrealistic (the character Danny was in high school for SIX years), but I loved it anyway.

I am going to download some favorite episodes before they get yanked. They were on you tube a few years ago and were deleted.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-19, 07:28 PM  
bubbles76

Yea! I loved it back when. I wonder what I'll think of it now? I haven't seen it in years.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-19, 07:47 PM  
katalina

Fame is my all time favorite show! Thanks for posting!!
katalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-19, 07:48 PM  
cecififi

we can get fame online through the library. maybe you can get it through your library too. i loved fame. cheesy, yes, but such a big part of my teenage years. i loved the teachers. i was sad to learn that Leroy died at such a young age. I had a crush on bruno, loved his dad. Mrs. Berg, Mr. Shorovsky, Ms. sherwood etc. all amazing.
cecififi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-19, 05:54 AM  
Carol K

I did watch it back when it was a current series and a few weeks ago I saw Erica Gimpel, who played Coco, on God Friended Me and she looked exactly the same.
Old 04-15-19, 07:27 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
I did watch it back when it was a current series and a few weeks ago I saw Erica Gimpel, who played Coco, on God Friended Me and she looked exactly the same.
I remember her being on ER playing a social worker who was shot.

cecififi-how does getting TV shows online work through your library? That sounds interesting!

I was so sad when Gene Anthony Ray (Leroy) died and Albert Hague also (Mr. Shorofsky).

I was such a geek for the show. I even bought the tv show soundtrack albums.

bubbles76-I still like the show, but I admit to picking holes in plot lines.

Old 04-15-19, 07:52 AM  
suzannaerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
The whole series is on you tube on a channel from "Jason O. Kelly." Only the first two seasons are on dvd, so I was happy to find it.

The show is dated, cheesy and unrealistic (the character Danny was in high school for SIX years), but I loved it anyway.

I am going to download some favorite episodes before they get yanked. They were on you tube a few years ago and were deleted.

Sherry
I loved that show, too. Never missed an episode. Wasn’t Carol Burnett’s daughter in it? Her name escapes me now but I think she passed away as well.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-19, 08:00 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannaerin View Post
I loved that show, too. Never missed an episode. Wasn’t Carol Burnett’s daughter in it? Her name escapes me now but I think she passed away as well.
Yes, her name is Carrie Hamilton. She passed away from cancer.

Janet Jackson was in it briefly as well.

I am such a geek.....

Tags
fame, off-topic