Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-17, 09:44 PM  
rvagal

I'm impressed by the number of steps people seem to have!

In a fit of minimalism I almost got rid of my Fanny Lifter and wave and just kept my Transfirmer because I figured I could do all the Fanny Lifter stuff on it and I don't do the wave very often. At the time I was mostly doing the pink Firms anyway. But I kept them because my daughters like to play with them (making obstacle courses) and whichever one I'm not using is a seat at the Lego table. Now I use the Fanny Lifter several times a week, the Transfirmer a couple of times a month, and the wave a few times a year.
Old 02-11-17, 09:46 PM  
Hilary

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoFirmer View Post
Hey there! Yes.... The FIRM isn't any longer. Gaiam still owns the name. BUT Emily, Rebekah, Allie, Alison and now Kelly went on to create workouts under the BEMAX logo. They stream on TrainerPass. They are now adding workouts monthly. Kelly's yoga is SO good. She trained under Baron Baptiste I believe. I am enjoying the workouts SO much! I've seen a lot of change in my body since doing them.

Emily also has a new venture that she does from The FLEX. It is The FLEX LIVE and she streams live workouts through Facebook. She is trying it out this month on FB to see what the feedback is. Those workouts are an hour long and are TOUGH! They are SO like the classic FIRMS in that they are heavy and def AWT/sculpt style. I highly recommend checking them out! I'm streaming them also! LOL!
I checked out the BEMAX website. The workouts look interesting. But how much is the membership? I couldn't see that information anywhere.
Hilary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-17, 11:08 PM  
Garrie A.

I think the price is $9.99 per month.
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Cathe STS 2.0

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-17, 11:18 PM  
MoFirmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilary View Post
I checked out the BEMAX website. The workouts look interesting. But how much is the membership? I couldn't see that information anywhere.
Hey Hilary! The BEMAX subscription is $9.99 a month. I'm loving the workouts!
Old 02-12-17, 01:49 PM  
Jeanne Marie

Inspired by this thread, I did Volume One this morning. I probably haven't done it in 6 or 7 years, maybe longer.

I found it very interesting that I still remembered the moves automatically. I guess that memory will stay with me forever! I had on my heart rate monitor and found that I didn't burn as many calories as I would have expected. I burned almost 300 (I am a 115 lb person), and my heart rate only got into the fat burning zone one time briefly. (the jumping and jacks with weights). I pretty much used the same weights I always did, which was a few lbs up from whatever Susan was using.

Bottom line though, this is still a good workout!
Old 02-12-17, 03:13 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrie A. View Post
I found all my Firm steps at yard sales. The BSS1 kit (with VHS tapes) for $15, BSS3 death box for $5, and TransFIRMer with 3 DVDs for $3. And a Sculpting Stick for $2, and a Wave with DVDs for $3. I yard sales and can't wait until they start up again!
And I thought my Wave set for CAD$10 and free shipping was a bargain! I'm still hoping to find Rock Solid Cardio and Rock Solid Buns for a reasonable price. I also got the Firm Express for CAD$10 and free shipping from the same store, I like those as well.

As for the Pink Firms I have tried Ultimate Fat Burning Workout and didn't like it, I thought it had a lot of things going on and not enough of anything, I didn't get any burn during the toning portion, it felt easy. I had high expectations because of the glowing amazon reviews, some mentioned it was a killer workout. I enjoyed Fat Burning Cardio Toning Workout with Tina Smiley better, great use of the resistance tubing and I did feel a nice little burn. I will have to check the others some have been mentioning here. I have no idea what BSS is though.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-17, 03:34 PM  
Carol K

BSS is "Body Sculpting System" and refers to the 4 systems plus add-ons released between 2002 and 2005 when the FIRM was owned by Goodtimes. These workouts are the most difficult to find now.
Old 02-12-17, 03:36 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
BSS is "Body Sculpting System" and refers to the 4 systems plus add-ons released between 2002 and 2005 when the FIRM was owned by Goodtimes. These workouts are the most difficult to find now.
Thank you Carol!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-17, 07:02 PM  
princess76

I seem to remember at one time you were a Tracy Anderson devotee. Does this mean you found mixing things up worked better?
princess76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-17, 07:52 PM  
princess76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrie A. View Post
I found all my Firm steps at yard sales. The BSS1 kit (with VHS tapes) for $15, BSS3 death box for $5, and TransFIRMer with 3 DVDs for $3. And a Sculpting Stick for $2, and a Wave with DVDs for $3. I yard sales and can't wait until they start up again!
OMG. Amazing finds!
princess76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firm deathbox, pink firms