Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-10-17, 01:07 PM  
bethellen

I'm in to Pink Firms right now too.
I've been struggling with getting my motivation to workout consistently.
I did Firms exclusively for years - and I REALLY miss anticipation of new Firms.
bethellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-17, 01:27 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrie A. View Post
And that was what started my vidiocy! I have the DVDs now, but will keep the tapes as collectors items.
The FIRM was the gateway drug for many of us!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-17, 02:06 PM  
rvagal

The Firm really has changed my life. The Pink Firms have a solid place in my repertoire too. I love that you can have a small amount of floor space and a set of cardio weights and get in a solid workout. I prefer to use the Transfirmer or Fanny Lifter when I have the space and time, but when I don't, I know the pink Firms will keep me from losing my fitness.

I have a condition called POTS that causes exercise intolerance, so I don't think I'll ever "graduate" to Cathe. The Firm is about as strenuous as I can tolerate. And that's OK! I do what I can, and I do it consistently, and my health is the better for it.

I've got the Zip Trainer on my birthday list (because why not?) but they did start to lose me when they went to shorter, higher-intensity workouts (this is why BeMax is not for me unfortunately). I have the time to go longer and lack the physical ability to do some of the faster paced stuff. But variety is the spice of life so of course from time to time I will do one of their 20 minute workouts.
Old 02-10-17, 02:22 PM  
Lori_Michigan

I love the Pink Firms so much that I reacquired a lot of them through trades and ebay, but only to find that I already had them! (so I have a lot of Pink and BSS, and Transfirmer Firms on my trade list currently on the exchange if anyone is interested!)

They are solid workouts that don't leave you exhausted nor sore for days. I like to put them in between harder workout days.
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-17, 05:04 PM  
MoFirmer

Hey there! Yes.... The FIRM isn't any longer. Gaiam still owns the name. BUT Emily, Rebekah, Allie, Alison and now Kelly went on to create workouts under the BEMAX logo. They stream on TrainerPass. They are now adding workouts monthly. Kelly's yoga is SO good. She trained under Baron Baptiste I believe. I am enjoying the workouts SO much! I've seen a lot of change in my body since doing them.

Emily also has a new venture that she does from The FLEX. It is The FLEX LIVE and she streams live workouts through Facebook. She is trying it out this month on FB to see what the feedback is. Those workouts are an hour long and are TOUGH! They are SO like the classic FIRMS in that they are heavy and def AWT/sculpt style. I highly recommend checking them out! I'm streaming them also! LOL!
Old 02-10-17, 05:15 PM  
Titus2woman

Thank you for sharing this, Hilary. I was a Firmie at the beginning and had moved on (or outta fitness?) around pink Firm time. I don't even know which are the pink firms! I share that to say THANK YOU to Garrie for sharing your favorites, as it gives me two titles to start with.

More people fail from a lack of encouragement than anything else!
Titus2woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-17, 05:15 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

I have been keeping up on the Befit workouts talk on GD but I didn't really connect that thought with the Firm workouts ending...but I guess that would be the case

I was never crazy about the Pink Firms but some of them were great...Pump Jump and Jab may be my favorite.

I have all the Firm sets and like them to various degrees, I love the format of the Firm Express workouts but some of the sculpt/cardio-sculpt workouts are just so convoluted with the combination exercises. On the other hand maybe I should revisit them now that my tastes may have changed I do really like the Firm Zip Trainer even if I use it more on my own than with the DVDs! That is a great, and affordable, exercise toy!
Old 02-10-17, 06:01 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Hi Hilary, nice to 'see' you! Interesting to know your take on pink Firms.
I was never hugely excited about their (for me) sometimes twisty-torquey cardio, but I've finally retired my tall box..even using it at 10 inches would kill my knees. So I'm interested in giving the pink Firms a shot again.

Which are everyone's favorites?
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-17, 06:25 PM  
Hilary

I meant to add a post on my favorites and then I got busy with students and forgot. So I like:

Pump, Jump & Jab ... because Kelsie rocks
500-Calorie Workout ... ditto. I did this one this morning. Relatively easy to learn cardio intervals that're fun and fast-moving plus weights intervals ... usually compound exercises. I used 8# dumbbells throughout and it was tough at times (like using both for single bicep curls)
Get Chisel'd ... I loved this one. I used 5, 8, and 10 pound weights. No guess work ... she tells you whether to use light, medium, or heavy weights. Really interesting compound moves, she adds on to them, and the cardio is basically short bursts of high intensity plyos.
Bootcamp Maximum Calorie Burn ... Allison is no-nonsense and professional
Dangerous Curves Ahead ... comes with a green band which has WAY more resistance than the puny yellow band they use, so beware!!
Cardio Party ... this is just fun. Each instructor takes a turn. Everything is easy to learn and nothing gets boring because each routine is different and none lasts too long.

Although I love the original Firms, they are quirky. They are kind of like Eggs Benedict ... fancy but not to everyone's taste. The Pink Firms are more like scrambled eggs. Nothing really exciting or unusual, but more basic and simple.
Hilary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-17, 09:11 PM  
MoFirmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus2woman View Post
Thank you for sharing this, Hilary. I was a Firmie at the beginning and had moved on (or outta fitness?) around pink Firm time. I don't even know which are the pink firms! I share that to say THANK YOU to Garrie for sharing your favorites, as it gives me two titles to start with.
SANDI!!!!!! I remember you from the FIRM boards!!!! I miss you!

Tags
firm deathbox, pink firms