Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-07-16, 02:54 PM  
Scorpio6

FitBoop: I am on BP rx, the max dose my body will tolerate of the only rx my body will tolerate.
I have ended up in the ER twice in one week because of horrible reactions to BP medications. It was pretty scary. On the first one, my R forearm got hard and painful and started swelling up, it was an allergic reaction. On the 2nd batch of meds they experimented on me with, it screwed up my electrolytes and 2 days later, back in the ER for an IV.
I had been under tremendous stress and the first time I felt normal was when they put valium in the IV. They said they were shocking the parasympathetic system to get it back to normal. First dose was 5 mg valium then about an hour later another 5 mg valium. I didn't feel swimmy headed or anything, just normal.

GENERAL:
I have found that physical exercise such as cardio makes a big difference. Also, there was a study done that found the BP is lower for 12 hours after heavy weight lifting. I also have found that eating quantities every day of organic celery makes a noticeable difference. The celery is a traditional Chinese medicine remedy. If I go off the wagon with the celery, it's noticeable.
Before the BP readings at the drs ofcs that caused so much controversy, I had had sinus/ear infections for a little over a month and believe me, when you are dizzy exercise is not happening very much.
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-16, 02:57 PM  
Scorpio6

I read a study I cannot remember where, which found that only about 1% of ppl who take cholesterol drugs are going to be helped by avoiding heart failure. Also the statins rob the heart of CoQ10 so that would need to be supplied in supplement form to counteract that.

The big thing to watch re heart is inflammation, and you should get a CRP test every year to keep an eye on that.
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-16, 07:05 PM  
horsemom2

I started researching online and found that the adverse reactions to statin use were not worth the minimal benefits of a statin, especially in women.

My doctor and the pharmaceutical companies ruined my health.
I developed chronic peripheral neuropathy thanks to Lipitor as well as a few other health problems. Luckily the morning brain fog lifted once I stopped taking a statin but the peripheral neuropathy is probably irreversible.

Of course I had white coat syndrome because going to the doctor meant having to be bullied about taking a statin again and again till I finally switched doctors.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blood pressure, high blood pressure, steel cut oats