Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Recipe Box
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-15, 11:10 AM  
sherry7899

recipe for one large chocolate chip cookie

I am sorry for the unhealthy recipe, but sometimes you just have to have chocolate.....this recipe is delicious, and fast to make since you use melted butter-no waiting around for an hour for the butter to get to room temperature. I like it because I can make my son one cookie and not have a whole batch of cookies tempting me.

You can easily double the recipe-just put the dough for each cookie far apart on the large baking sheet so they don't merge into each other.

I bake it for about 13 minutes and 30 seconds (I use a digital timer). I let it cool for about 5-10 minutes before moving it off the cookie sheet.

http://www.cookingclassy.com/2014/06...e-chip-cookie/

It is from the blog "cooking classy":

Recipe for One Big Chocolate Chip Cookie

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Cook Time: 12 minutes

Yield: 2 servings, one 7-inch cookie

Ingredients

2 Tbsp salted butter
3 Tbsp packed light-brown sugar
1 pinch salt
1 tbsp whisked egg*
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/8 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup chocolate chips, divided

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place butter in a microwave safe mixing bowl. Heat in microwave until nearly melted (you want it almost all the way melted, remove from microwave just before completely melted and stir to fully melt. You just don't want it too hot or it will cook the egg and melt the chocolate chips when stirring).

To melted butter, add brown sugar, salt, 1 tbsp egg, the vanilla, flour and baking soda. Stir with a spoon until well combined, about 20 - 30 seconds. Mix in 3 tablespoons of the chocolate chips. Shape dough into a 3 1/2-inch disk on a Silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheet, gently press remaining 1 Tbsp chocolate chips randomly over top and sides of cookie. Bake in preheated oven 12 - 14 minutes, until cookie is golden. Serve warm or allow to cool on a wire rack then store in an airtight container.

*To get 1 Tbsp egg, crack egg into a small bowl, whisk until yolk and white are well blended, then measure out 1 Tbsp. Reserve remainder for another use (aka tomorrows breakfast).
Recipe Source: Cooking Classy

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-15, 03:25 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Thanks Sherry. This looks great.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-15, 12:37 AM  
marya

Another suggestion for the egg measurement: use an egg substitute, such as Egg Beaters. It's already in liquid form.

Thank you for posting this recipe! The only "airtight container" my cookie will ever see is my stomach.
marya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-15, 06:59 AM  
sherry7899

You're welcome!

Marya-no kidding! Leftovers from one cookie? Yeah, right...

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chocolate chip cookies, cookies, recipe