Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-28-15, 09:20 AM  
Diana3271

Perfect in Ten: Stretch w/Annette Fletcher

I am back to looking for stretch DVD's that do not go to the floor, lying down. I see this DVD has a variety of options. Does it have any sections that are not lying down on the back? TIA

I have Tamilee Webb's stretch DVD and a few others. Of course I am looking for more options.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-15, 11:19 AM  
rose2boys

Suzanne Bowen Fitness streaming site offers some really great stretching/reset segments. I just completed the latest one for lower body -- all standing which i prefer), beautiful peaceful setting & music. She has a variety of lengths, anywhere from 5-25min.
Old 03-28-15, 03:14 PM  
marya

I had the DVD a few years ago, and as I recall, there were too many levels changes to suit me, and I sold it. I prefer all standing, all chair, all floor, as in Tamilee's stretch DVD.

Would a yoga workout be acceptable? Peggy Cappy's Heart Healthy Yoga features an all-standing version of Sun Salutations (with a chair as a prop).

If you like all chair stretches as well as all standing, I'd recommend Susan Winter Ward's Yoga Sitting Fit Anytime. The workout is approx. 40 mins., but it's chaptered and can easily be adapted. It feels more like a stretch workout than yoga.

Rodney Yee's Yoga for Athletes also has a chair + standing segment (approx. 22 minutes). You can select from three different options, beg./int./adv., and only that demonstrator is shown. Good leg stretches--although I add my own hip flexor stretch (the one in Tamilee's chair segment).
marya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-15, 04:56 PM  
MsThistlebottom

Diana, this is one of my most favorite stretching DVDs and an underrated little gem, IMO. It has a nice combination of stretches that are done standing, sitting or lying on a mat, and leaning against a wall. If you like Tamilee's stretch DVD, I think you would like this one.

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-15, 07:57 PM  
PennyK

PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-15, 08:28 PM  
Diana3271

Rose Thank you for the recommendation for Suzanne Bowen's streaming site. I can only use a DVD and portable player for this right now. I have a very small area in my bedroom that I use, right before bed.

Marya I will check out those recommendations. More research.

MsThistlebottom Thank you for your thoughts. I love Tamilee's stretch. I used to only do the standing one. Now I love to combine the standing with the seated. It's a great combo!

Penny I have that Karen Holden DVD. But always looking for more.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 03-28-15, 08:47 PM  
PennyK

PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-15, 07:24 AM  
Diana3271

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsThistlebottom View Post
Diana, this is one of my most favorite stretching DVDs and an underrated little gem, IMO. It has a nice combination of stretches that are done standing, sitting or lying on a mat, and leaning against a wall. If you like Tamilee's stretch DVD, I think you would like this one.
I have done 3 sections from this DVD so far and like them all. I agree, it's an underrated little gem.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 04-11-15, 09:45 AM  
MsThistlebottom

Glad you liked it, Diana! I have super-tight hamstrings, and that stretch while leaning against a wall is just wonderful.

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-15, 08:09 AM  
Diana3271

Quote:
Originally Posted by marya View Post
Rodney Yee's Yoga for Athletes also has a chair + standing segment (approx. 22 minutes). You can select from three different options, beg./int./adv., and only that demonstrator is shown. Good leg stretches--although I add my own hip flexor stretch (the one in Tamilee's chair segment).
Is this the same one as Yoga Conditioning for Athletes or is that a different DVD? TIA

ETA: I think they are the same but you are talking about using only 2 sections for the 22 minutes (chair/standing). Which two sections?

LM Combat 02/13

Diana

Tags
chair yoga, peggy cappy, standing yoga