Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-15, 08:05 PM  
mtngoat

How wonderful that you rescued two brothers. They look so sweet - and close!

Enjoy! Kittens are so much fun at that age. They also seem to understand and appreciate that they are home.

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-15, 02:02 AM  
Jennifer R
VF Supporter

The boys look so very cute, Alta. You must be enjoying them so much.

My vote is split. I have used my (hard) foam roller so much I had to get a new one. I'm interested in your soft(er) one. But the hard one, as well as the little pink rubber balls, have been great fitness--or maybe I should say injury prevention--tools for me.

I have to frequently do the routine I've named "A** Torture" aka Yoga Tune-Up for Glutes and Hips because it has helped my SI and knee pain so much. If I do it regularly it keeps me pain-free, but it's so painful in and of itself I tend to let it slide until I start twinging again, when it's even more painful. But(t) it works!

So, love/hate my foam roller and pinky balls.

"I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused"--Elvis Costello
Jennifer R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-15, 08:33 AM  
JulieIL

Aww- what a cutie. Love that you adopted the brothers.
JulieIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-15, 02:39 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer R View Post
I have to frequently do the routine I've named "A** Torture" aka Yoga Tune-Up for Glutes and Hips because it has helped my SI and knee pain so much. If I do it regularly it keeps me pain-free, but it's so painful in and of itself I tend to let it slide until I start twinging again, when it's even more painful. But(t) it works!

So, love/hate my foam roller and pinky balls.
Jennifer,is the Yoga Tune-Up for Glutes and Hips the Jill Miller Quick Fix Lower Body?
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-15, 08:31 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by athompson10 View Post
Awwwwwwww.......

One of the cats I cat-sit eats yoga blocks, though has never ingested enough to get sick. He also eats cords, one of those gel heat-packs (THAT was scary) and a six-pack of those lunchbox-sized strawberry milk cartons.
oh my gosh, I didn't realize kittens gave puppies a run for their money on eating things. Although dogs seem to do things like the couch or mattress.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-15, 11:28 PM  
Jennifer R
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
Jennifer,is the Yoga Tune-Up for Glutes and Hips the Jill Miller Quick Fix Lower Body?
No, it's something different. I think it may be OOP. It was part of the Tension Tune Down CD Series. This one is "hips and buttocks", there's a neck and shoulders CD and a back one too. I was given this by someone who was getting rid of the series. I believe it was part of a monthly membership program called Yoga Tune Up.

Would you like to borrow mine? I have the routine memorized.

Old 01-27-15, 10:19 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
My vote is split. I have used my (hard) foam roller so much I had to get a new one. I'm interested in your soft(er) one. But the hard one, as well as the little pink rubber balls, have been great fitness--or maybe I should say injury prevention--tools for me.
I've read that a soft roller is better for folks with osteopenia/osteoporosis. Especially for use along the spine.

Besides, I'm kind of bony and the hard one hurts in the wrong way.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-15, 11:33 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
No, it's something different. I think it may be OOP. It was part of the Tension Tune Down CD Series. This one is "hips and buttocks", there's a neck and shoulders CD and a back one too. I was given this by someone who was getting rid of the series. I believe it was part of a monthly membership program called Yoga Tune Up.

Would you like to borrow mine? I have the routine memorized.
Thanks Jennifer that is so nice of you but I already have her quick fix DVDs and her Roll Model book. I also recently got her On Demand Pain Relief set in a trade. I was just wondering. Your post did motivate me to do the Quick Fix lower body DVD though. I haven't used the On Demand DVD yet and only briefly did some work from Roll Model.

I did her monthly Yoga Tune Up series but ended up trading it.

ETA: I see this is an audio CD and not a DVD. I think I had it at some point but may have traded it because I can't find it now. Not that I have anything to play a CD on anymore. Except for the CD player in my car which is not exactly a place I can do a hip and back routine.

ETA: Well I do have the Tension Tune Down DVD for upper back and neck. Thanks for reminding me I have it. I am adding it to my trade list.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-15, 01:16 PM  
Jennifer R
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
Thanks Jennifer that is so nice of you but I already have her quick fix DVDs and her Roll Model book. I also recently got her On Demand Pain Relief set in a trade. I was just wondering. Your post did motivate me to do the Quick Fix lower body DVD though. I haven't used the On Demand DVD yet and only briefly did some work from Roll Model.

I did her monthly Yoga Tune Up series but ended up trading it.

ETA: I see this is an audio CD and not a DVD. I think I had it at some point but may have traded it because I can't find it now. Not that I have anything to play a CD on anymore. Except for the CD player in my car which is not exactly a place I can do a hip and back routine.

ETA: Well I do have the Tension Tune Down VD for upper back and neck. Thanks for reminding me I have it. I am adding it to my trade list.
Most DVD players will play CDs!

Tags
foam roller