Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-07-14, 11:51 PM  
dela

I just watched the Stephanie one, that looks pretty good too, the Triple H workouts are more my style, but for the price of these, I might get hers as well, I noticed she seems to have a full ab section in hers.

I think it was really smart of them to play these straight, and do a solid workout dvd instead of trying to incorporate the fake WWE type drama or over the top acting.
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-14, 07:31 AM  
s2546

thank you Dela for your response. I may consider one of these now!

Sue
s2546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-14, 10:21 AM  
mle777

DH picked this one up at Walmart for $7 on Friday. We previewed it over the weekend, I agree, it looks like a solid workout. DH is planning on breaking it up and just do a section a day and doing his physical therapy exercises and yoga during the rest of his workout time.

I hinted that it sure would be nice to find Stephanie's in my stocking

3x Tough Mudder
mle777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-14, 10:59 AM  
dela

Quote:
Originally Posted by mle777 View Post
DH picked this one up at Walmart for $7 on Friday. We previewed it over the weekend, I agree, it looks like a solid workout. DH is planning on breaking it up and just do a section a day and doing his physical therapy exercises and yoga during the rest of his workout time.

I hinted that it sure would be nice to find Stephanie's in my stocking
Great price!
Old 12-09-14, 07:41 PM  
CharM

$7.49 @ amazon now.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-14, 09:03 AM  
dela

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharM View Post
$7.49 @ amazon now.
Darn, I was hoping the Stephanie one went down too. I'll keep my eyes open for that. Not that $2.50 should really influence me, but since I'm on the fence anyway, it will
Old 12-10-14, 12:58 PM  
CharM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dela View Post
Darn, I was hoping the Stephanie one went down too. I'll keep my eyes open for that. Not that $2.50 should really influence me, but since I'm on the fence anyway, it will
Ha! I know! It's only $2.50, but when the price decreased, it jumped into my cart. I'm purposely not looking at the other one. I don't want to buy more than one. It took a lot of will power not to add a newish Leslie.
Old 12-16-14, 12:10 AM  
CharM

FYI, in the upper body segments he takes time to explain all the moves before starting the workouts (over 3 minutes in upper 1, over 5 min in upper 2-- get your ff button ready) . For the lower body, he shows us each exercise as we go along.

And you can't skip the warnings in the beginning. I'll have to remember to pop it in before doing anything else
Old 12-17-14, 12:55 PM  
dela

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharM View Post
FYI, in the upper body segments he takes time to explain all the moves before starting the workouts (over 3 minutes in upper 1, over 5 min in upper 2-- get your ff button ready) . For the lower body, he shows us each exercise as we go along.

And you can't skip the warnings in the beginning. I'll have to remember to pop it in before doing anything else
Thanks for the heads up in the upper body, Stephanie did this long set up in her lower body workout too, and I guess being new to workouts on dvd they didn't think about how annoying that is after you do the workout once, actually even the first time through it's really over kill.

It's a shame they did this, these dvds are otherwise really great but I know this could be a deal breaker for some. But this would be my only complaint, I'm still really happy with both of them.

I didn't notice the warnings, but like you said, I have learned to pop in the dvd while I'm putting on my shoes and getting set up anyway.
Old 01-08-15, 10:01 PM  
CharM

I did the lower body workout today and I think this is a sneaky workout in that it didn't make me sweat, curse, cry, or clock-watch, but I'm sore! I decided to go light (12 & 15) since I didn't know what to expect and didn't want to overdo it, and I'm glad i did because I need to be able to walk tomorrow. There are only five exercises:
Lower Body
8,10,12 reps
goblet squat
Rdl
reverse lunge

superset
Swings
Leg raise

There's a 30 day calendar included

Weeks 1&2 (mobility day 6, w2)
Upper1
Lower
Mobility
Upper 2
Cardio
rest
rest

Week 3
Upper body 1 and cardio
Lower
Mobility
Upper 2
Cardio
Mobility
Rest

Week 4
Upper 1
Lower & Mobility
Cardio
Upper 2
Lower & Mobility
Cardio

Tags
joe defranco, music off option, stephanie mcmahon workout, triple h workout, wwe power fit, wwe power fit series, wwe workouts