Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-12-14, 10:16 AM  
yahoo205

I keep meaning to try some facial exercise toning or face yoga.
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-14, 10:31 AM  
violetblonde

Highly, highly recommend www.faceworks.co.uk. The sequence is easy to learn and most of the moves I can do in the car. I've been doing the exercises throughout the day for about 10 weeks and definitely notice sculpted cheekbones, higher brows and fuller lips. Thanks for recommending it, PittyPat!

Looking to add to my repertoire, however.... not sure between FlexEffect and Carolyn's Facial Fitness.
violetblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-14, 10:48 AM  
primrosecat

Hi Violetblonde~Do you live in the UK, I really mean if you're in the US, how do you get the Faceworks program from the UK? It looks interesting, but I'm clueless about how you get it
primrosecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-14, 12:22 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

This thread reminded me of an older thread I read at the Essential Day Spa forum a while back:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum...r=asc&&start=0

Sort of a "Buyer Beware" topic regarding facial exercises.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-14, 06:31 PM  
traceym1

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetblonde View Post
Highly, highly recommend www.faceworks.co.uk. The sequence is easy to learn and most of the moves I can do in the car. I've been doing the exercises throughout the day for about 10 weeks and definitely notice sculpted cheekbones, higher brows and fuller lips. Thanks for recommending it, PittyPat!

Looking to add to my repertoire, however.... not sure between FlexEffect and Carolyn's Facial Fitness.
I love my Flex Effect but am curious to try this one also. You think they can be done together? I am going to order tonight. No dvds, just online, correct?
traceym1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-14, 10:14 PM  
violetblonde

Yes you can just order a 6 month membership to view the videos of the exercises. Doesn't matter where you are in the world. I memorized the sequence after a couple of weeks and don't use them-- like i mentioned i just do the exercises either in the car or at my desk at work (with my back turned to the door!)

One thing I didn't like about the look of Carolyn's was that it seemed more 'invasive' in the sense of pulling and stretching skin. FaceWorks really avoids that. Could you compare Flex with Carolyn's, tracey?
Old 12-12-14, 10:38 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

I've done facial exercises for years. Started with a book, Miss Craig's Face-Saving Exercises. Lindsay Waggoner's acupressure is mentioned favorably in the article that Alta linked. I used to have the VHS, still have the book. Meredith MacRae''s VHS is still in my collection. The ones I've used most are the 2 Face Aerobics DVDs and Flex Effect. I like the Yamuna face rolling and do parts of it, but the DVD takes a whole hour. I like the little 5 minute face exercise on the Life Lift DVD.

Haven't tried Carolyn's method. The author of the article that Alta linked says she uses it. The author, not Alta.

I tried Tal Reinhart's DVD years ago, but couldn't get into it. I couldn't abide Carole Maggio. I used Cynthia Rowland's Facial Magic for a while, but it's a time bandit at one hour.

I looked at the Faceworks site. It says I could look 10 years younger. Claims like that always make me laugh merrily. I could look 58!!!!
monterey vidiot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-14, 08:18 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

I decided to order Carolyn's basic kit. Found a coupon code that worked $15 off: cff15
monterey vidiot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-14, 07:32 PM  
traceym1

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetblonde View Post
Yes you can just order a 6 month membership to view the videos of the exercises. Doesn't matter where you are in the world. I memorized the sequence after a couple of weeks and don't use them-- like i mentioned i just do the exercises either in the car or at my desk at work (with my back turned to the door!)

One thing I didn't like about the look of Carolyn's was that it seemed more 'invasive' in the sense of pulling and stretching skin. FaceWorks really avoids that. Could you compare Flex with Carolyn's, tracey?
I like Flex effect better than Carolyn's as I like the resistance part. My muscles in my face feel worked and tight when finished. I could mail it to you tomorrow if you like so you can look at it. I have all the exercises memorized and I rotate with each different type as I desire not by how the book says. Plus I only do the exercises right now not the other stuff as I don't have time or the patience right now.
traceym1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-14, 10:17 AM  
violetblonde

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceym1 View Post
I like Flex effect better than Carolyn's as I like the resistance part. My muscles in my face feel worked and tight when finished. I could mail it to you tomorrow if you like so you can look at it. I have all the exercises memorized and I rotate with each different type as I desire not by how the book says. Plus I only do the exercises right now not the other stuff as I don't have time or the patience right now.
I will PM you-- thanks!!

Tags
acupressure, facial exercises, yamuna save your face