Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-08-14, 01:37 PM  
Carol K

Thanks Chris. I know that Firm workouts are not being sold on Gaiam, or even on Firm Direct for that matter, but this is the first I've seen about Cinedigm. So Gaiam is selling it's entertainment unit, but keeping it's health and fitness media business. Can anyone explain what that means?
Old 11-08-14, 02:18 PM  
afirmrose

Interesting. I too am interested in the future of the Firm.

-----------------------------------------------
"Oxygen is free. Breath it in!" Jennifer Galardi DOTI Hip Hop Party

"A 30-minute workout is just 2% of your day. No excuses." Clubz

Lisa Shaffer 2013 10,000 Kettlebell Swing challenge completed.
afirmrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-14, 02:24 PM  
daisyduke

I have recently pulled out all of my old firms and am having a blast with them. I have looked at ordering some of the classics on fitness favorites and found they are way cheaper on collage with 10% off and free shipping.

I haven't ordered the zip trainer yet but am looking into it.

I just can't understand why they don't go back to making awesome videos. Why do they have to keep hawking equipment that's only used for a few workouts?

I sure hope they haven't caused their own demise.
daisyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-14, 02:51 PM  
Carol K

The Firm has always sold equipment along with their videos. The difference was that before, you could buy the videos separately and the equipment separately too. Since they've been owned by GoodTimes and Gaiam, we haven't usually had that option.
Old 11-10-14, 05:47 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

I am still a fan of the Firm though I don't have nearly the amount of Firms I used to. I pretty much stick with my favorites which are mainly the BBH era, Firm Strength, Firm Cardio, Tough Tape 2 and so on. Classics aren't my speed anymore, and I only liked Volume 1 anyway. I have a few BSS and a couple Pinks, most of the Pinks I haven't cared for but I really like Total Body Toner and Hi Def Sculpt.

I haven't clicked with most of the WHFNs but found a couple gems in Lean and Crunch Time, CT is weird in spots but overall I like it.

I like the Firm and always will, but I don't do them exclusively anymore, I just rotate them with my other go to instructors/workouts.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-14, 06:29 AM  
Carol K

According to someone on the Firm forum, the titles purchased by Cinedigm do not include fitness titles, but rather "family-friendly and spiritual titles, old tv shows and cartoons".

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdayley View Post
Carol, some ladies were talking about it at another forum. This is what I found:

http://investor.cinedigm.com/release...leaseID=798291

It doesn't specifically say the Firm, but gaiam doesn't have any Firm workouts on their site anymore. And this is on the Firm facebook page:

The FIRM has been making a difference in people’s lives since 1979. We've gone through rocky times in the past but with the support and loyalty of The FIRM Believers we've always come out better than ever. The support and love we feel from The FIRM Believers is what will get us through this time as well. Please stick with us! The FIRM Studio, Lexington, SC continues to offer the absolute best fitness classes led by the most amazing Master Instructors anywhere. If you are in the area please stop in, take a class and get your FIRM fix!

Chrys Dayley
Old 11-10-14, 09:45 AM  
SeptemberGirl

Coming out of lurkdome (like way too long's worth of lurkdome--is that a word?) to say that I too have been revisiting my classic FIRM's this past month and have been loving them all over again. Specifically, I've been mixing Vol. 1, Vol. 4, Tough Tape, and Tough Tape 2 with Focus T25 for cardio. I'm sure I would have great results with this schedule if only I got my exercise consistency back on track.

As a side note, I wore my heart rate monitor during both T25 and Vol. 1/Vol. 4 to see how much of a difference there was between the two programs and my heart rate ended up being so much higher for a longer duration with the FIRM compared to T25. I guess I forgot how efficient those FIRM's were!
SeptemberGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-14, 02:32 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

I will never get rid of my Firms even if I haven't done them in ages. Once in awhile, I'll do a Firm. It's usually Firm 1, 2, and Total Muscle Shaping with Stephanie (the one that uses the death box but I use my Transfirmer). I also like Stephanie's cardio express wo that uses the death box/Transfirmer.
Old 11-10-14, 02:47 PM  
cdayley

Thanks Carol. Does anyone know what is going on with the Firm?
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-14, 07:15 PM  
Carol K

Cathy Sovde posted today that the Firm is still part of the Gaiam family.

Tags
firm classics, firm for life, revisiting the firm