Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-14, 08:44 AM  
Jags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia View Post
Ive had good results with Ageless if you dare as well, Im looking for a good home microcurrent machine to really lift the face. Does anyone have any good rec's? Im thinking the one by serious skincare listed before, is it the egg? Lorajc would you mind sharing the name of the device and what kind of results have you had. I took a look at the beauty thread but its like 60+ pages, I cant seem to locate your review.
In my post above I mentioned I'd read Lorajc's post in the Beauty Thread...but I was wrong. After a forum search I found the post here:

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...72#post2424872

I also learned the Ultra Renew Plus is no longer available. It seems to have been replaced by this FDA approved version:

https://www.truthinaging.com/the-com...new-collection

I'd like more information, too, especially about Lorajc's routine.
Jags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-14, 09:25 AM  
Diana3271

Is this a similar product? Hopefully the link will work. http://www.makeupalley.com/product/s...c-Beauty-Tools

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-14, 10:45 AM  
PittyPat

I second smilingwolf's skin massaging recommendation, along with some manual lymph drainage. Even just tapping or lightly pinching the skin gives it some stimulation. Of course, everybody here is exercising enough to get the blood flowing, and that definitely benefits the skin.

I have a little ultrasound gizmo but I haven't used it consistently because I'm not sure which moves are best. Time for a Google search, methinks.

I'd really like to know more about home microcurrent!
PittyPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-14, 11:06 AM  
Julia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jags View Post
In my post above I mentioned I'd read Lorajc's post in the Beauty Thread...but I was wrong. After a forum search I found the post here:

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...72#post2424872

I also learned the Ultra Renew Plus is no longer available. It seems to have been replaced by this FDA approved version:

https://www.truthinaging.com/the-com...new-collection

I'd like more information, too, especially about Lorajc's routine.
Thanks Jags!

Ive done the microcurrent at the spa, it works really well at keeping the face full, young and lifted, its just so expensive, Im looking for at home replacement!
Julia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-14, 04:08 PM  
Cybersparkle

I'm posting in a hurry, but just wanted to say that I have had wonderful effects with facial exercise. Plus, with continuous use, it gives the skin a lovely glow, I'd say if done for 20 minutes a day after 2 weeks. I noticed small tonal differences after 4 days and a big difference after 1 week.

I'd say try many different programs- some exercises worked better for my face shape than others it seemed.

Besides healthy diet & working out, it is my youthful secret When I do it that is - otherwise, sag city! But, when I am on my game, I can pass for 30 to 35 rather than my real age of 46. I love the neck firmers & jawline tighteners- works wonders.

Here are my two favs, plus there are a lot of free facial exercises on youtube also.

http://www.amazon.com/Tal-Reinhart-F...acial+exercise

http://www.amazon.com/Face-Aerobics-...ef=pd_cp_mov_3

Enjoy!
Cybersparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-14, 07:13 PM  
lorajc

Ohh...I didn't know my machine was discontinued already. I just purchased it a couple months ago. I use it the most cuz of the multi use feature. I can't really comment on things other than you have to be consistent. I use my ultrasound on multi use most every nite and then once a wk I use my microcurrent egg by serious skin care and my high frequency machine by Ellen skin care. I also have a Light Stim machine from QVC just red and amber light for firming and bldg collagen and another LED. Device that has the red and green lights, re for collagen, firming and green for dark spots and brightness. I don't use these as much since I have the dual but it is recommended to mic ultrasound with high frequency and microcurrent....so that's what I do.

I also use various serums and oils on my face.....have studied skin are my entire life and worked in cosmetics for 6 years and sold Arbonne for a bit.

I'm 55 and have only very minor fine lines around the outer eyes when i smile and just a bit is sagging in the jowl area which I'm working on.....as you can tell, I'm very vain.....embarrassed about that but its true. I also use peels on my face and self massage techniques.

My face skin are lines are Prai, serious skincare, various oils Josie marans and ones I get from Shea Terra Organics, Adrienne's capsule es from HSN, retinol, vit c, argan oil, and Elysée from HSN.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-14, 07:46 PM  
Jags

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorajc View Post
Ohh...I didn't know my machine was discontinued already. I just purchased it a couple months ago. I use it the most cuz of the multi use feature. I can't really comment on things other than you have to be consistent. I use my ultrasound on multi use most every nite and then once a wk I use my microcurrent egg by serious skin care and my high frequency machine by Ellen skin care. I also have a Light Stim machine from QVC just red and amber light for firming and bldg collagen and another LED. Device that has the red and green lights, re for collagen, firming and green for dark spots and brightness. I don't use these as much since I have the dual but it is recommended to mic ultrasound with high frequency and microcurrent....so that's what I do.

I also use various serums and oils on my face.....have studied skin are my entire life and worked in cosmetics for 6 years and sold Arbonne for a bit.

I'm 55 and have only very minor fine lines around the outer eyes when i smile and just a bit is sagging in the jowl area which I'm working on.....as you can tell, I'm very vain.....embarrassed about that but its true. I also use peels on my face and self massage techniques.

My face skin are lines are Prai, serious skincare, various oils Josie marans and ones I get from Shea Terra Organics, Adrienne's capsule es from HSN, retinol, vit c, argan oil, and Elysée from HSN.
It isn't available on the Truth In Aging website, BUT she is still selling the Plus and the version before the Plus (just called Renew, I think) on Amazon.

Thank you for the input and information. Do you have any advice for reducing the 11's between my brows?
Jags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-14, 07:34 AM  
Vee

Dr Weil suggests facial acupuncture.

http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/TIP05321...ft-Option.html
Vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-14, 10:49 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittyPat View Post
I'd really like to know more about home microcurrent!
Me too! I'm following this thread with interest.
Old 09-22-14, 11:16 AM  
lorajc

Microcurrent is best for working the musculature under the skin. My machine has a couple settings, one for deeper toning and one for surface toning and then a maintenance routine with a guide with placement of the nodules for each program. They recommend doing the deep toning for a solid 6 months before switching it up to the surface also. You have to be very diligent and consistent ESPECIALLY at first to get your muscles toned up. All of these machines are a huge time suck...but I try to do them when on the computer....but I wear glasses.....so can't do my eyes like that.

I read about this new machine that h
Just hit the big dept stores in the UK that you just place on your face like a head set and it has pads that reach all the areas needed .....its supposed to be first of its kind to zero in and target all of the muscles that are expression muscles.....medical name for it..........its like 425 dollars....we shall have to see how that works ....I believe they called it mimetic musculature..its computerized...pretty high tech.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
faceworks, facial exercises, facial machines, loose skin, yamuna, yamuna save your face