Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-12, 12:03 PM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by desderata View Post
Colleen, thanks so much for the thorough reply. I actually like plyometric moves a lot. I've ordered Breathless Body and I'll order Afterburn after the credit card cools off a bit. Thanks again for the suggestions.
You're welcome! I totally feel you on the hot credit card! I think there are times when mine has smoke coming off it!
Old 08-31-12, 12:31 PM  
icebergslim

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee1forfitness View Post
From Rachel Cosgrove Metabolic Cardio program Do this 2 x per week only
:30 Mountain Climber
:30 Lateral Shuffle
:30 Jump Squat
Workout time (21:09) Do these three moves back-to-back that's 1 interval, rest :60 completing as many reps as you can in the prescribed amount of time (:30 per move with no rest between each exercise) do six intervals of :30 cycles. Rest for one minutes, and then repeat 5 more x. Do this 2 x per week only. The second week do for :40 instead of :30 and do 7 cycles @ :40 do this for the balance of the program (21 days)

Rachel Cosgrove Metabolic Strength Program to be done with above 2-3x per week
Complete 3 rounds of each group before moving on to the next group, Rest :30 between each exercise group
A1
12-15 reps Plank with Alternating Leg Lift
12-15 reps Wood Chop 9#Medicine Ball
A2
12-15 reps Dumbbell Squat with a Overhead Press 25# Dumbbell or Barbell
12-15 reps Romanian Deadlift 25# Dumbbell or Kettlebell
A3
12-15 reps Bent-Over Row 12# Barbell
12-15 reps Dynamic Lunge no weights used
Workout time (15:48) rest: 30 between each exercise Group.

Then at the end of the strength training rest :15 and do a Metabolic Cardio finisher example
1:30 – 1:45
Lateral Hops high impact... for high intensity but no impact do Kettlebell swings instead
do 2 to 3 cycles once per week (to prevent over training)
Is this from a book? I am interested in this, looks good.
icebergslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-12, 08:16 PM  
boukilisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablubb View Post
Don't worry, it's free!
ZuzkaLight

She is doing ZWOWs 50/10 style for 100 days:
Cyclone Fit

She is also doing Hiits for free:
BodyRipped

12 minute Hiit workouts are pretty popular, there is probably a lot more to find.
Thanks! I'm glad to know there are so many good HIIT options.
Old 08-31-12, 08:22 PM  
boukilisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyefit View Post
I love Cathe's Hiit workouts. The STS Hiit and the two new ones with the tabata's and Hiit's are so awesome. I do like the Breathless Body ones by Amy Dixon, however on the BB2 I have to modify a few of the exercises as they just feel like an injury waiting to happen for me. I think Afterburn is actually considered a Hiit workout, too. I also consider Cathe's Plyo legs workouts from STS to be sort of Hiit-ish. I have disc 26 on tap for tomorrow.
Another good one is Tabata inferno from S90, although I always forget I have that one and don't use it too often .

I just got the Delta Fit set but haven't done those workouts yet. I believe he has some Hiit type workouts in that set, too but I don't know if they will be a favorite yet.

I'd say Cathe's CrossFire and To the Max are the ones I'm using the most right now. I am in love!

ETA: As far as changes, I definitely have lost more body fat this year, although I also attribute that to weight training and metabolic workouts as well as Hiit. I think combining those have made all the difference. Oh, and Horizontal Conditioning, too has changed my body a lot so I've developed a huge appreciation for body weight exercise. HC did great things for my core, but also my glutes seem even firmer than before.
Thanks! Your changes sound very encouraging.

I have Crossfire but haven't clicked with it. It's very drill-ish. Cathe lost me at STS but I may have to give those another look and head over to the Swap. I also have done modified versions of Jessica Smith's Tabata on Cardio Abs but it's a lot of high impact and I'm not sure my modifications keep my heart rate up appropriately. I've also done Chalene's Firestarter low impact HIITs but I still haven't found a HIIT that I can say I "enjoy" yet. I will keep searching. I think HIIT could give me the edge I need.

Tags
hiit, lowered blood pressure, successful weight loss