Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-12, 02:16 PM  
kristi

Maybe adding the BOSU to my trade list isn't such a bad idea if others still show an interest in it. I'll have to think about it and then compile a list. Why does making the trade/wish list have to be the difficult part? LOL
kristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-12, 02:26 PM  
Getfit

I try to use mine at least 1x a week. Especially when doing medium to low weight exercises that involve non compound moves. I am currently on a JNL Fusion rotation and I have been able to use it for the strength sections of the work out.
Old 05-23-12, 02:33 PM  
CharM

I keep meaning to pull it out to use it for pushups and planks, but I keep forgetting. It's gathering dust instead, has been for years.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-12, 03:47 PM  
difit

Quote:
Originally Posted by lila_says View Post
Argh, I'm so jealous of all you Bosu owners, I've wanted one for ages!
Me too!!!
difit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-12, 03:49 PM  
killoffsonny

I sold mine to a friend at christmas time. I don't regret it. We use the bosu in my mat pilates class at my gym sometimes. I rarely used it at home.
Old 05-23-12, 04:04 PM  
marmact

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristi View Post
Are there many exercises from P90X2 that you would us it for? P90X2 has been on my wish list for a while. Good idea incorporating it into the exercise before advancing to the stability ball.
Yes, I think there are. Tony does all kinds of neat things on balls, some of which I'm pretty sure I'll never be able to do, but I do think doing some variation of them on the Bosu can get one to the next level.

I love P90X2! I held off on ordering for a long time due to the lousy reviews, but I think the workouts are so fun. I don't think it's good by itself, but is excellent with regular strength work (P90X, STS, etc.).
marmact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-12, 04:27 PM  
KathAL79

Mine's gathering a little dust, too. It made the move, but it's propped up against the wall in the new gym space rather than taking pride of place with my most used equipment. I have plenty of room for using and storing it, so I may keep it for a while for the occasional use I (and perhaps now dh, who will now have access to it, too?) will get out of it.

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-12, 04:31 PM  
Pine Cone

The Bosu is too tall to use in place of a step for us short people, but I do standing weight work on it, and use it upside down for pushups sometimes, also like it for some types of ab work. The unstable surface feels so unique and beneficial that I'll never get rid of it, but do wish the smaller Bosus had been available when I got this one.
Pine Cone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-12, 06:13 PM  
Pam

I agree with Hej: "BOSU is the most wonderful thing for improving balance and functional core", but it is hard to work it in. I have just started STS, and I also want to lose those last 10#, so want to hard, intense cardio (more than I get with the BOSU). Also started doing yoga, most days and finding that helps me a lot more than just stretching. Maybe I should try fitting in a short BOSU workout on a couple of the cardio days.
Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-12, 06:32 PM  
iheartsts

I just gave my bosu away last week. I had it on my trade list last year for any Ohio people, with no takers. Also had it in my garage sale last summer for $20 with 2 videos, with no takers.

I used to love turning it upside down and doing planks on it, but I wasn't using it that much any more and needed the space.

It's amazing how much equipment I've purchased in the past and ended up either giving it away or selling it super cheap. My lesson is... no more equipment! I've got weights, kbells, cathe tower, step, bands, etc and that's all I need for the rest of my life, as long as I have my videos and a tv.

Now I've got to dismantle and get rid of my Weider Pro weight station...I'm re-doing the room and I'm putting in a closet in the space where it's sitting unused...Sigh...

Tags
bosu, bosu sport