Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-13-11, 09:50 PM  
muddjeansgal

Anyone still use the Transfirmer? Is it safe?

Do you still do the workouts?
Any knee or ankle problems using this?

I could have swore that I read on here that someone said that their doctor told them it is very unsafe to step on an incline like that?

I know this is a very old program but everytime I did a rotation with it I got compliments on weight loss. Just not sure it is good for my knees.
muddjeansgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-11, 09:59 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

The Transfirmer workouts are some of my favorite Firms. I haven't heard of any problems using the incline. I haven't had any.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-11, 10:07 PM  
Arielle96

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddjeansgal View Post
Do you still do the workouts?
Any knee or ankle problems using this?

I could have sworn that I read on here that someone said that their doctor told them it is very unsafe to step on an incline like that?

I know this is a very old program but everytime I did a rotation with it I got compliments on weight loss. Just not sure it is good for me knees.
I still do the Transfirmer workouts regularly. I also use the incline for weighted lunges whenever they are called for in a workout. The only thing I don't like doing on the incline is step...it really bugs my ankles. Whenever incline step is called for in one of the BSS4 workouts I just do it on the 6 inch step. I also REFUSE to dip off of the incline. It puts way too much pressure on the ankle and toes I think.
Arielle96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-11, 10:15 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

I would think that the incline would be better on your knees than the tall box. At first, I thought you were going to ask if the Transfirmer was safe and I was going to say that it was very solid. It was the previous incline design (the death box) that was unsafe.

I would use my Transfirmer more if my DH didn't start using it while adding a bathroom to our house (which could take awhile).
Old 02-14-11, 07:15 AM  
firmaniac

My TFirmer is the most used piece of plastic in my house The incline step moves never bothered me(they don't last long enough to stress joints imo),but what did bother me was doing abs inclined on them(when incorporating the blue death box videos). So I modify abs. I also 'cheat' and use the 6inch piece for my club step now since I had to sell it due to lack of space when moving. The shorter length makes me do my Cathes easier haha but hey I'm not getting any younger so that's ok. I sure wish they woulda' made more videos for the TFirmer but that's not to be...

Please visit 'The FIRM Ephemera Scrapbook' on facebook for a visual history of The FIRM
firmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-11, 09:55 AM  
Kesal

I seldom use the Transfirmer, but that is only because I moved to a second floor apartment and it seems a bit too noisy to use over my neighbors' heads. I had used it consistently from the time it came out (and the BSS3 "box" before that), and never hurt myself or felt that I was in any danger of injury . I felt that the incline workouts were excellent conditioning for hiking and skiing.

I agree with Julie about the abs moves, though. I think maybe I am too tall to lay on the Transfirmer, or something. They were very awkward and uncomfortable on the incline, but I don't think I lost much by doing them on the floor instead.
Kesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-11, 10:46 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I like the incline for lunge moves because these moves stretch out my achilles tendon which has a tendency to tighten up if I don't consciously stretch it. If you wear heels a lot, that tendon really tightens up.
Old 02-14-11, 11:09 AM  
Carol K

I still use the TransFirmer regularly. I've never had any problems.
Old 02-14-11, 12:51 PM  
CharM

I use it as a table lamp. Does that count? I haven't used it for its intended purpose in quite some time (been doing barre lately), and although Supercharged Sculpting is the only TF workout I've kept, I think it's a good piece of equipment and it does feel better using the incline for lunges.

This is the first I've heard about the incline being unsafe.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-11, 12:59 PM  
Arielle96

I personally wouldn't consider it "unsafe". I just have certain moves (like I posted above) that I don't do on it because they bother my ankles/joints etc. for some reason doing step on the incline really irritates my achilles tendon...probably because it stretches it too far for me with the heel so far below the toes on the incline. I find to compensate that I only step with my toes which isn't good either so I just stopped using it for step.

Super Charged Sculpting and Jiggle Free Buns are my 2 favorites!!
Arielle96 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
transfirmer