Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-10, 07:07 PM  
lovemykid

Call me odd, but I love the "bat cave".
lovemykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-10, 08:09 PM  
Just_Jo

I like the bat cave when the exercisers wear bright, vivid colors. The black background makes the colors pop. I just did the 1 Mile Gentle Walk and one gal was wearing a pretty bright pink shirt, another a bright green, etc. It was very pleasing to me--cheery. When they wear dark colors, it seems dreary.

Don't laugh, but I love the diagonal line set! Actually, there's not a set that I don't like. I think my favorite is the patio set Lydia described. Some of the sets remind me of a church, which I like as well.

The music? I agree, she could really change things up. I do like the Everybody song.
Just_Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-10, 08:41 PM  
sophie kat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
I always liked the workout that was suppose to be in her living room where the weather (hahahaha, but maybe it was cutting edge special effects back then) outside changed.
I remember that set! I liked it too. It made me think of Leslie walking in her living room like I walk in mine, lol.

I my VF friends!
sophie kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-10, 08:45 PM  
paideiamom
VF Supporter

You know, none of it bothers me, the music, the sets.
I even like the living room that she throws that strange man out of (I know he is not her husband) with the oddly changing seasons/weather in the "window." On the same compilation DVD I have, there is one where the backgrounders, including a man, come in and move a table out of the way.

And then there is one with (forgive me, it has been a while since i have done it) where there are like fake stained glass windows in the background. That is one of my favorite workouts, even though it feels like they borrowed the sanctuary to film a workout. I need to pull it out and revisit.

While I wouldn't mind an outside walk, the sets don't bother me generally. I don't like a fabric backdrop, like curtains on a stage. But I find if I don't like the workout, the set doesn't make it any better and I don't not do a workout if I don't bond with the background.

"Moderation is remembered only after the deed is done." Mirabelle Watkinson, fabulous writer in residence.

"I am patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it." Edith Sitwell

Words matter.

I thought I had seen it all. Then I tried on my bathing suit. (Unknown sage at craft show)
paideiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-10, 06:30 PM  
Dobby
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by paideiamom View Post
I even like the living room that she throws that strange man out of (I know he is not her husband) with the oddly changing seasons/weather in the "window." On the same compilation DVD I have, there is one where the backgrounders, including a man, come in and move a table out of the way.
The one where he moves the table drives me nuts because the carpet starts coming up by the end of the walk right where he is walking. I want to put some duct tape down or something!

Pam
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-10, 07:01 PM  
suebella
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by paideiamom View Post

And then there is one with (forgive me, it has been a while since i have done it) where there are like fake stained glass windows in the background. That is one of my favorite workouts, even though it feels like they borrowed the sanctuary to film a workout. I need to pull it out and revisit.

While I wouldn't mind an outside walk, the sets don't bother me generally. I don't like a fabric backdrop, like curtains on a stage. But I find if I don't like the workout, the set doesn't make it any better and I don't not do a workout if I don't bond with the background.
Renda,

I agree completely.

How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.”
- Author Unknown, but definitely not me.
suebella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-10, 07:07 PM  
oltlfan

Well gosh, I didn't know the bat cave was so popular. lol
oltlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-10, 10:21 PM  
Arielle96

One of my favorite sets is the original WATP (with the blue balls) set with the spiral staircase off to the side. I must admit I'm a little bored with the bat cave set but none of her sets have really bothered me that much.
Arielle96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-10, 11:42 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfcjasp View Post
The set I loved best was the one in her Walk Away Your Stress...now that was pretty...a courtyard patio with what looked like Christmas lights strung about...my favorite Leslie
I like that set, and I also like her other "patio" set from 5 Mile Advanced Walk.
Anything that hints of the outdoors and summer are fine with me.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-10, 11:59 PM  
Dobby
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
I like that set, and I also like her other "patio" set from 5 Mile Advanced Walk.
Anything that hints of the outdoors and summer are fine with me.
Yes, that really is my favorite too.

Pam
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bat cave, leslie, leslie sansone