Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-10, 10:51 AM  
Whimzee

Cheryl - yes, I do have More Yoga for the Rest of Us but haven't done it yet. I'll try it tomorrow or at least sit down and preview it for you and let you know.
Whimzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-10, 02:40 PM  
Cher

Thanks so much Whimzee! I'd really appreciate your thoughts on it.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-10, 08:52 AM  
sundari

I only have Peggy's "Back Care". I find it very helpful when I have low back pain because it is slow and gentle. The last thing I want to do when I'm in pain is something fast. I find her voice and the workout relaxing which further releases stress and tension. When I am feeling fine I do other yoga workouts. But when I am experiencing low back pain I turn to Peggy's "Back Care" and Gary's "Low Back Therapy". After doing either of these I feel well enough to go back to my regular workouts pain free. Peggy's "Back Care" is well chaptered which is good because it is a long DVD. Gary's is also well chaptered with shorter workouts.
Old 12-09-10, 10:50 AM  
Whimzee

Cheryl - previewed More Yoga for the Rest of Us. It's a very relaxing workout as usual - slow and controlled. It has three parts: the first is floor work which contains gentle stretches rather than actual poses. One man uses a rolled up blanket for this portion.

Then it goes into basis standing yoga. Peggy gives you the option of using a chair depending on a person's flexibility. She gives form pointers and corrects the poses for the other exercisers when necessary.

The last is a guided relaxation on the floor. Peggy has you go through a series of tightening and relaxing body parts and then focusing an awareness of those parts.

I think it's a great way to relax and stretch after a strenuous workout session. Not really a "go get 'em" type of workout that hypes you up but rather a tranquil one that will leave you with a thoroughly stretched out feeling afterward! Hopes this helps with your decision -
Whimzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-10, 01:15 PM  
Cher

Sundari & Whimzee - Thanks so much for the info on both workouts. I'm off to Peggy's site to figure out what to get my mom.
Cheryl
Old 10-02-11, 02:41 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

It's almost a year now Cheryl, how did your mom like the video you chose and which did you choose?

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-11, 04:01 PM  
Cher

I ended up getting her More Yoga for the Rest of Us. My mom likes it; although she did say it's on the easier side. She says she does it on days when she doesn't really feel like doing a workout but knows she should do something.
Old 10-02-11, 04:05 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

So does that mean she wants more or she's ready for more?

~~~Cheryl

Old 10-03-11, 06:39 AM  
Cher

She said the one was enough. She mainly takes yoga classes at a local rec center and has a few other yoga dvds at home so she says she has enough yoga dvds right now.
Old 10-03-11, 08:55 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

thank you and good for her for *finding her place* in this vast world of DVD choices.

~~~Cheryl

Tags
back care yoga, peggy cappy, yoga, yoga for arthritis, yoga for the rest of us