Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-10, 10:23 AM  
alisoncooks

Anyone have the new Classical Stretch for Back Pain?

Thoughts/comments?
I'm tempted to get this for DH (who struggles with lower back issues) and myself (who struggles with upper back/neck issues). I like that it appears to be broken down into short segments.....

And--of course--it'll need a *cheap* cart buddy to get free shipping. Leaning toward Sahra's Essentrics Abs/Legs/Butt/Arms (whatever the heck it's called).... comments/thoughts on that? (I had Miranda's, but couldn't stand that she squinted in the sun during the whole leg segment....)
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-10, 07:17 PM  
Mrs T

My back pain DVD came yesterday but I haven't had a chance to do it yet. I don't have any back pain but I can't resist anything CS! IMO, you NEED Sahra's Essentrics WO! That is hands-down my all-time favorite CS ever. Soooo good!
Mrs T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-10, 07:32 PM  
ella

Let me preface this by saying I have a herniated disc resting on my sciatic nerve which has been causing me pain since February 2009. I have been getting cortisone shots for my back every 3-4 months to help with the pain with the last one did not work at all. I am most likely going to have surgery to resolve this next month.

When I saw that Miranda had a new back DVD I ordered right away. I did the workout for lower back pain relief segment of the DVD (14 minutes) about a week and a half ago. Unfortunately, it made my back feel considerably worse. That being said, I could have done a Leslie DVD that same night and it might have made me feel just as bad. I would just use this DVD with caution if you have anything mechanically wrong with your back. I still love Miranda and think that this may have been a fluke but I wanted to caution others.

Ella
ella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-10, 07:57 AM  
sundari

I found Miranda's first Back Pain DVD to not be good for me. It actually caused me pain instead of relief.

However I find her "2007 TV Series (SEASON 4)" to have great low back segments in it. Everything about Season 4 is great and well paced.
Old 07-14-10, 08:11 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I have her old back pain dvd, and I think it's great. I have lower back issues from my gymnast days and use this often--I have it memorized. A lot of times I just do it on the floor/by the couch in my living room. It is definately my most used dvd.

I plan on getting her new one. I'd like to get it with her core dvd and possibly her next season. I'm just waiting because there's so many new dvd's I want right now-and I feel like I've spent a lot lately.

Jackie
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-10, 12:20 PM  
alisoncooks

Hmmm....so far 1 neg for the newer Back video and 1 neg and 1 pos for the older one... That's not great odds.

I definitely don't want to do any harm to DH's or my back....we currently only experience minor tightness and aches and stiffness....maybe I'll hold off then...

Sundari--Thanks for the Season 4 rec...

Can anyone elaborate on what you think was harmful or uncomfortable about Miranda's Back Videos?
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-10, 01:31 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

I should be getting both the new back one and the new core one in the next few days. I'll let you know what I think.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-10, 08:46 AM  
sundari

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
Hmmm....so far 1 neg for the newer Back video and 1 neg and 1 pos for the older one... That's not great odds.

I definitely don't want to do any harm to DH's or my back....we currently only experience minor tightness and aches and stiffness....maybe I'll hold off then...

Sundari--Thanks for the Season 4 rec...

Can anyone elaborate on what you think was harmful or uncomfortable about Miranda's Back Videos?
For me I thought the sequence and the exercises in general and the pace of them. The Old Back Pain DVD did nothing good for me. However I found the scenery nice. Since I had this experience with her Old Back Pain DVD I won't be getting the new one. And like I said Season 4 gives me lower back practices that haven't been harmful to me and are done at a slow pace. So I won't be missing back pain or preventative back pain practices.
Old 07-25-10, 02:41 PM  
desertMermaid

Bumping this thread... Any other reviews or comments regarding the new back pain DVD? I was expecting a lot more chatter about this DVD...
desertMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-10, 04:19 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

If anyone does get it, please remember to write a review!

I had the old one--it was too gentle for me (but I don't have back problems). I did do a review that anyone can find in the Reviews section.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
back issues, back pain, classical stretch, miranda, miranda esmonde-white, peggy cappy, season 4, winsor pilates back