Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-10, 04:28 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getfit View Post
I saw the informerical on Saturday and the DVDs look great and I even like the gadget but I am not going to fork out $100 for the set. As I was looking at the informercial I began thinking is this going to be the norm? Is every instructor going to put out $100 to $200 packages. I just want the DVDs. I wish they would stop creating workouts, kits and packages that are geared to the newbie exerciser. Some of us are gadget out.
I completely agree. I generally shy away from gadgets (don't have the room and don't want to spend the money!) but this does look very cool, but not for $100. It looks lke a spiffier version of the "reformer" double-figure-8 band (figure 16 band? LOL!) that came out and is on collage video. That looked cool but I didn't even want to pay some $30 for that plus the one DVD it comes with. I'm a stingy vidiot
Old 01-11-10, 06:00 PM  
Donna D

Here is Collage's response when asked if they would carry this set.

Hi there,
Will Collage carry the new Mari Winsor Slimming Pilates kit?
Thanks for your quick response.

Currently the infomercial is being tested, in various configurations at various price points. Once the final offering is determined we will begin carrying it.
Donna D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-10, 08:41 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

When Target carries it a couple years from now for $29.99 post-Christmas sale I might pick it up.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-10, 11:53 AM  
lorajc

i wonder if the dvds can be purchased separately? I already have the Danskin version of this stick that I purchased to use with the CIA workout last year.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-10, 12:31 PM  
shortie

OK, I'm a sucker. This looks kind of fun to me . . .
shortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-10, 01:03 PM  
D72

It's interesting that Marisa Tomei is the featured as the celeb client of Mari's in this infomercial. I think her name may have been mentioned as a client in one of the original Guthy-Renker infomercials and I'm almost positive she was quoted on the back of Mari's first book which I used to own. So that makes sense of course. But here's the odd part. Doesn't she have a new DVD coming out in the spring with a different trainer? I totally get that she must like to do different things (don't we all?) but to appear in a brand new infomercial with a famous instructor of a very specific discipline (which will probably air all year long) on the heels of your own DVD coming out (doing something different exercise-wise I'm pretty sure) with someone else? That seems like kind of a strange move business-wise for all parties involved.

Elle MacPherson came out for Supreme Pilates and swore it was her favorite form of fitness at least a decade after doing her circuit training program with Karen Voight. Obviously you don't need to wait that long to change workouts or fall in love with new methods...

Maybe the fitness business peeps have finally gotten hip to the fact that most of their savvy potential customers are less likely to think that any one system is "the be-all/end-all it" for themselves or for the celebrities who promote them.
D72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-10, 01:44 PM  
moonbeam31

Pat58- I am totally about checking out these "as seen on TV" sets at Target a year or 2 after they come out! Patience is a virtue-or a $ saver! It is weird though, because my Target stores still have the Firm Cardio Weights system in the pink case and not the Wave system yet?
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-10, 08:33 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbeam31 View Post
Pat58- I am totally about checking out these "as seen on TV" sets at Target a year or 2 after they come out! Patience is a virtue-or a $ saver! It is weird though, because my Target stores still have the Firm Cardio Weights system in the pink case and not the Wave system yet?
I don't know .... I saw the infomercial this morning and NEED IT! It's going to be hard to wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeydew View Post
This does look good as I am trying to get back into pilates. I still think I could use most of the supreme pilates dvds with this. anyone with supreme pilates want to chime in?
Honeydew, while watching the infomercial I was actually thinking of using these new DVDs as SP workouts. Most of the moves would work as will if not better on the SP, yet you have the alternative of not getting the machine down and just using the gizmo. So I think you could use your SP videos on the Accelerator and vice versa.

I didn't think it looked dangerous at all and it comes with five videos (including the "workout with the stars" or whatever the title was). Funny, it seems lately I've been noticing new videos with duplicitive names - this one includes a "Burn & Firm Pilates," another Ellen Barrett copy cat title.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-10, 11:46 PM  
kirov2

I just bit the bullet on this...I went back and forth many times, and I am so tired of waiting for Fluidity RealClass that I ended up ordering this Accelerator package.

They give you an option to pay in one lump sum, or in three monthly installments. Before the order goes through, you are given choices to expand the order (there are vitamins as well as a "deluxe accelerator package" which apparently has end-weights to add onto the bar, plus some more DVDs, etc., including a 55 minute workout that looked good). However, I just ordered the basic package in three monthly payments.

Paying in a lump sum will get you the product faster, apparently. They will upgrade you to priority shipping (meaning 7-10 business days). Otherwise, it could take as long as 4-6 weeks (if you pay in installments). I didn't learn this until I got my confirmation email; otherwise, I might have done the one-payment.

Oh well, hope I'll get it soon. Maybe Fluidity RealClass will beat the Winsor accelerator to my door! (Isn't Fluidity supposed to start shipping next week--I pre-ordered in early August (2009!) for that!
kirov2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-10, 12:23 AM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

The 5 !/2 minute clip on the front page now works. There is a door attachment, but of the kind that gets shut into the hinge side of a room or cupboard door. The clips seem to show this bar actually being used in all its possible configurations in the videos with the bar and resistance band combo appearing the most, so the door thing may not show up much.

As usual, there's nothing on the site about the 'extras' you'll be offered. Anyone have any information about the additional DVDs and weights. Note that the bar itself weighs one pound as do each of the end weights for a total of three pounds for the basic set up and it's sometimes used without the resistance tubing. For some of the Range of Motion moves it looks like this uses, that weight would be plenty.

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mari winsor, pilates band, pilatesstick, winsor slimming pilates