Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-09, 10:40 AM  
dixiechickntx

Hey Joan. I haven't been on this board in years, nor have I seen you in years!
Old 01-15-09, 12:08 PM  
mghorton

Quote:
Originally Posted by mghorton
PM me, I sold my VCR when I moved into my new place. I got mine on amazon this spring, but I'll never play it again. It's yours.
Oh No! I'm quoting myself because I was offering my prime power to Joan. PM me if you're interested, Joan.

Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.
mghorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-09, 12:29 PM  
naturallove

Joan-I'm not big time into the FIRM, but I wanted to suggest using Netflix as a tool to try a bunch of the FIRMs that have come out since your hiatus from exercise. Even if you don't have a subscription, it might be worth it to be able to avoid buying duds (especially with the free trial period).
naturallove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-09, 12:41 PM  
Diavolobella
VF Supporter

Thanks!

Melissa, I totally missed your offer! Doh! I'd love to have it and have PMed you.

Naturallove, that is a great idea! Thanks for suggesting it.

"We all want the looooove...without the handles!" Tracy Effinger

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Diavolobella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-09, 12:45 PM  
BlackBerry

I don't know if this has been mentioned, or not, but several of the newer 'pink' FIRMs are on ExerciseTV, right now. I think they're on the Gaiam tab (or maybe scattered across cardio, dance, sculpting.) (I just remember they weren't were I expected them to be when I found them.)

Last time I checked, they had 5 or 6 titles.

Disclosure: Details in profile on a professional relationship with a company who sells the types of products discussed here.
BlackBerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-09, 12:46 PM  
naturallove

I wanted to also add that Ross is also a great place to pick up FIRM dvds for a cheap price.
naturallove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-09, 12:55 PM  
Diavolobella
VF Supporter

Cool!

I'd never heard of Exercisetv. That's a pretty cool website. I'm having a little trouble locating Firm workouts, but I'm sure I'll find some.

We don't have Ross stores in this part of the country, unfortunately. Hastings goes have a LOT of Firms though, for about $10 each. In January, the Dollar General stores have a TON of videos for $1 each, but they never have any Firms.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 01-15-09, 01:01 PM  
BlackBerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diavolobella
I'd never heard of Exercisetv. That's a pretty cool website. I'm having a little trouble locating Firm workouts, but I'm sure I'll find some.
Oops, I made the same mistake on another thread...I meant ExerciseTV (the cable channel). It will be in the section with the 'On Demand' channels.

From there you can watch hundreds of videos for free.

From the website, you can download many workouts (some that are free), and burn them to dvd, or put them on your iPod.

Disclosure: Details in profile on a professional relationship with a company who sells the types of products discussed here.
Old 01-15-09, 03:24 PM  
Diavolobella
VF Supporter

Ahhh

Unfortunately I don't have cable tv. I've got Directv, which means I have Fit TV, but not Exercise TV. Fit TV does have Gilad and Cathe though, among others.

Old 01-15-09, 04:20 PM  
BlackBerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diavolobella
Unfortunately I don't have cable tv. I've got Directv, which means I have Fit TV, but not Exercise TV. Fit TV does have Gilad and Cathe though, among others.
That's a bummer (about FitTV).

(But you can still get lots of free workouts on the website. Some of them are 'fluffy', but some are surprisingly good.)

Do you have SportSkool? (I think the website is sportskool.com. Good stuff there from Mark Verstegen. I MV)

Tags
everything the firm, firm deathbox, firm wave, the firm power sculpt