Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-26-08, 05:35 PM  
juberann

~LOL~ daisy ,you're absolutely right! what would've our leotard been without a flashy,snazzy belt to complete it?? It would have been soooo (YIKES) plain Jane Judy
juberann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-08, 05:54 PM  
daisysunshine

Then of course - on top of that you needed the oh so must of leg warmers.

Unless - of course you are cindy crawford - then you can workout in just a bathing suit (see i feel so special!) or a tank top and really baggy jean shorts. because she's just cool like that

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-08, 06:38 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Ha, I actually had a collection of stretchy sparkly belts - what was I thinking?! But speaking of Jane, I find her easier to take than Tracy Anderson.

I'll let you know how the rotation goes!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-09, 12:30 PM  
TuesdayTaylor
VF Supporter

I did Cher's New Attitude workout with Keli Roberts this morning! Good workout!

Even before the world economies took such a severe nosedive, I've been in a "recession" mode and haven't had money for extra workout purchases for several years.

So my regular rotations include all these "oldies but goodies".

I laugh because I do the "older" videos from the 1980s and 1990s and keep thinking my workouts are current - then I realize it's 2009!

Callanetics, Cindy Crawford's workouts (like the routines and production but Cindy's instructions leaves me cold), early Firms, early CIAs, early Kathy Smith - all regular workouts here.
TuesdayTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-09, 12:59 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Thanks for bumping up this thread, because I was thinking of starting one like it! The descriptions of Tracy Anderson got me thinking about older aerobics workouts with neon leotards, frantic speed and terrible cueing (sometimes the instructor just went "one, two, three, four, breathe!") where the idea was just to keep jogging or flinging yourself around to the beat for a solid 15 minutes or so. They may not have been the safest, but they were charming in their own way, and certainly have nostalgic value today.

I actually dusted off and did Kathy Smith's Ultimate Video Workout - the same one I once raved about. It was a hoot, especially the parking lot part, but boy was my back sore the next day, so caveat emptor (it's out now on her Fat Burning Classics DVD).

The old 20 Minute Workouts that used to be on TV would fit in this category. (Keep jogging through the commercial! ) I'll have to check out Jane Fonda's New Workout from the library; I don't think I ever actually saw that one, but I liked her step and low-impact workouts.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-09, 01:04 PM  
pattyd0319

I just did Cathe's Step Max from her Classics collection today. Wow, bad choice of outfit for the backgrounders, the dark leotard over pale shorts made everyone look hippy. It was the first time I did that workout and it was fun and not too hard to pick up. Easier than I expected actually choreography and intensity wise as I'm used to her Imaxes. I enjoyed it. Her cuing was perfect.
pattyd0319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-09, 01:15 PM  
Gardengirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B
The old 20 Minute Workouts that used to be on TV would fit in this category. (Keep jogging through the commercial! )
I remember those and actually had them taped! Lol! I swear Walter Mattheau was watching one of those on his TV in Grumpy Old Men and REALLY enjoying it!
Old 01-29-09, 01:33 PM  
sherry7899

What were the old twenty minute workouts? Do you mean Aerobic Conditioning? I taped a bunch off Fit TV when they were still showing them. I should do them more often (I love Gin, Petra and Tamilee leading them).

Sherry
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-09, 01:49 PM  
Peggy T
VF Supporter

29 minute step workout with Gin Miller. I love it so much I have a backup copy. It uses light hand weights and your arms will be falling off by the end.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers
Peggy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-09, 01:50 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899
What were the old twenty minute workouts? Do you mean Aerobic Conditioning? I taped a bunch off Fit TV when they were still showing them. I should do them more often (I love Gin, Petra and Tamilee leading them).

Sherry
It was a TV show from the 80s. Leg warmers and big hair galore! Here's one of MANY clips on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zcnn8WOqo98

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
retro workouts