Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-08, 05:10 PM  
spotted zebra

Peggy Cappy's Back Care Basics (Yoga for the Rest of Us) on PBS

Peggy Cappy's Back Care Basics is being shown on my PBS station now. I'm surprised - our PBS station doesn't always show instructors others get (like Miranda Esmonde-White, Lee Holden and Margaret Richard). They haven't shown the whole program yet, just a lead up of various people talking about the program so far and some excerpts. She says it's a good program for anyone who spends more than 4 hours a day sitting, and anyone who suffers from back pain.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-08, 07:59 PM  
SAF

I bought this several months ago to help with my back pain and I really like it. She has a very nice tone to her voice, very calm and it moves slow so you can really unwind and feel the stretches. It is one of my favorites. It clocks in at over an hour. Her other yoga dvds are very good too, to relieve sore muscles and get the kinks out. I love her voice.
SAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-08, 08:20 PM  
sundari

My PBS station shows Margaret Richcard and Peggy Cappy. But they've never shown Miranda or Lee Holden.

I saw the show on Peggy and she is very relaxing and it looked well done. They showed all age groups in her classes. The youngest was a girl who was an instructor at a gym where Peggy taught. The girl said she had soreness due to, to many step and body conditioning classes and she felt better after taking Peggy's classes.
Old 10-12-08, 05:53 AM  
spotted zebra

So they never showed the program from start to finish, just the excerpts. It did look well done. Peggy looks great now, in the interviews. She does seem to have a very calm and relaxed style, and I find her voice soothing. I think at least one of her previous dvd programs featured mostly much older people with limited mobility; but this one like you say Sundari, features people of all ages. It looks interesting.
Old 10-12-08, 06:03 AM  
CarlaShanti

This has nothing to do with anything, but when I saw this thread I thought it said, 'Peggy's Crappy Back Care Basics'.
CarlaShanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-08, 10:08 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Do you have to do the entire video? I need shorter sessions right now. My back has really been acting up since having my baby. I've been doing Miranda's back pain video for two months!

Jackie
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-08, 11:43 AM  
spotted zebra

I found a list online of the DVD chapters. It looks like it may be easy to break up into smaller sections. SAF may have more information.

1. Introduction [6:54]
2. Part 1: Restorative Poses [8:03]
3. Part 2: On the Back - Leg and Back Stretches [24:49]
4. Part 3: On the Side - Half Bow Pose/On Hands and Knees - Leg and Back Stretches [13:08]
5. Part 4: On the Belly - Locust & Cobra Pose Variations [10:06]
6. Part 5: Hamstring Stretches (Back of Thigh) [12:33]
7. Part 6: Three Part Breath Exercise [8:21]
8. Part 7: Guided Relaxation [11:11]
9. More About Peggy Cappy [28:02]
Old 10-13-08, 12:05 PM  
donnamp

Peggy's yoga

Hi,

I borrowed this one from my library - and I just picked and chose what I needed from the chapter menu. It was nice and slow paced so very good for stretching, re-aligning and relaxing.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-08, 01:11 PM  
spotted zebra

I was going to borrow this dvd from my library. They carry all of Peggy's dvds. Except there are a lot of people ahead of me waiting to borrow it. I may just order it. It looks like the type of yoga I'd like - gentle, restorative, and not too Iyengar-y. I also like how she's broken down the dvd chapters. Okay, I've talked myself into it.

Tags
peggy cappy