Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-09-08, 06:49 AM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

Jaime,

I definitely would not buy from Firm Direct; their shipping and handling charges are high, it'll take weeks to get an order, high probability of errors in packing and billing, and customer service is horrid.

Besides CVS with its clearance sale, I've heard that Bed Bath and Beyond and Linens and Things sell the Transfirmation System and you can use their 20% coupon. But if you can't find it cheap at a local store, shop.mtv.com is selling it for $36.89 with shipping of about $3.00.
kelsey211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-08, 12:28 PM  
brendazzzz

I'd like to have an opinion please... I began exercising with BSS2 five years ago and have branched to other instructors since then... (Cathe, Jari, Kelly, Gin...) I've gone back and tried almost every new Firm since but haven't liked them and got rid of them. If I haven't liked anything since BSS2 do you think I'll like this one? I saw it at my CVS store for $25.00 but can't help think I'll just be disappointed again. Thanks for your thoughts!
brendazzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-08, 01:32 PM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

I have found the Transfirmer system at my local Target store, and Academy sporting goods store. You can surely find a set locally and save money on shipping at least. I personally love my Transfirmer I have to say I have just about all of the Firms old and new. The Transfirmer set is one of my favorites! I like the new Firms, but I do think they are easier than older Firms.

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-08, 01:47 PM  
Jeanette S

In my opinion the set is good for someone that either wants a workout set for on the go or don't already have any weights.

I have it, but have only done one dvd. I can't really judge how good it is compared to the older ones since I only started to work out this year.

I already have a 3lb set of dumb bells so the only thing I really got out of the set was the dvds.

With the set you can only make either one set of 3lb weights or one 5lb one so there really isn't enough weights in it.

I'd say to those that are thinking about it and can't find it for the half or cheaper price and already have dumbbells and don't need a workout set on the go to just go buy the dvd set. I've seen it on ebay for around $14 or so for all 4.

I wouldn't pay the full $50 since I already have a few pairs of dumbbells, but that is just my opinion.

Otherwise it is a nice set for the cheaper price and would make a nice gift if you know someone that could use it. I did buy a second set at $12.49 for a gift to give to my sister.

Hope this helps!
Jeanette S is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bss3, bss4, firm deathbox