Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-02, 04:57 PM  
dieann

Question Do you have a workout dowel?

and if so, did you buy it from a catalog? or did you put it together by yourself (as i did)? did you paint it?

i was fat blasting with the firm yesterday and the dowels they use in that video are all painted. mine's certainly not! then i started wondering if others use dowels too or if they make do without. the firm and fitprime are the only videos i've ever done that make use of a dowel.
dieann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-02, 04:59 PM  
Stephanie_B

Mine is a shower curtain rod

It was like $6 or something like that and already had rubber tips LOL.

If you can't do it today what makes you think you will do it tomorrow?

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Stephanie_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-02, 05:03 PM  
TallMomof2
VF Supporter

Ummmm...

I unscrewed the mop handle from the mop. It was free since I already owned the mop
Old 06-05-02, 05:12 PM  
June

Mine is a broom handle. I screw the broom head back on and put it back in the pantry when I'm done.
June is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-02, 05:13 PM  
Clare*
Moderator/ BC Survivor

My workout dowel.....

is a beautiful stained and finished oak with rubber tips. It's especially dear to me because my son made it for me as a Christmas present when he was very sick with Lyme disease. I swear, he sanded it so smooth, it's like touching the softest fur...

Very special!

Both sons made me sanded, stained, and finished yoga blocks for me the next year.

“..Know the difference between an inconvenience & a problem. If you break your neck, if you have nothing to eat, if your house is on fire- then you got a problem. Everything else is inconvenience. Life is inconvenient. Life is lumpy… And a lump in the oatmeal, and lump in the throat, and a lump in the breast are not the same lump. One should learn the difference.” Sigmund Wollman's Reality Test by Robert Fulghum
Clare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-02, 05:15 PM  
mbt

i just use a broom

i leave the top part on and everything. i never use the dowel (or really my broom) in firm videos, but i do use it some of the time in fitprime videos.
mbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-02, 05:18 PM  
Stephanie_B

Oh Clare!

That is so sweet! My DH made me a "FIRM" barbell out of some kind of pipe insulation and by cutting another barbell, which I thought was sweet (later on he bought me a real one LOL). His mom also made me my first tall box (12 inches), but she never finished it (we were going to paint it). I still will keep both because they are special to me anyway.

If you can't do it today what makes you think you will do it tomorrow?

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Stephanie_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-02, 05:21 PM  
Donna Marie

I use the screw off extender handle of my dust buster. I'm really SHORT and that handle is just the right height.

I use it with my Firm videos.

Old 06-05-02, 05:27 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

Another mop handle user

I have one of those swiffer things, piece of junk. The only thing that works is the handle. Many people swear by it, but I think its the complete lack of humidity where I live that makes it useless.

The handle goes into three parts, so I use two of the three to put in the runner of the sliding glass door as an extra locking mechanism. All three for the dowel, so I'm getting some use out of it.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-02, 05:31 PM  
KayB
VF Supporter

If I need to use a dowel I substitute my #15 body bar. I must admit I like the steady feeling that the third arm/leg(?) gives me.
KayB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dowel, twisting