Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-21, 09:35 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Lynn I really think everything is fine with my phone. I do think the problem was with the charger. I still haven't heard anything about them sending me a phone. Maybe the person who helped me forgot to hit the enter/submit button, LOL.

Check-In: Jessica Smith Tread & Shred w/5's (This is a 30 minute workout. This was the longest 30 minutes of my entire life! LOL Nothing wrong with the workout, I'm just not used to doing longer workouts.)

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-21, 07:02 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps for yesterday: 10,586

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 10-16-21, 12:02 PM  
seabliss

I felt a bit better today after a big coughing jag in the morning, so I ran a few errands (which means walking--we don't have a car). To the bigger market, then to a small mall that's not far away because I really cannot handle not having dumbbells anymore. I bought a pair of 5 kgs, which means they are a little over 11 lbs each. I think this is the most flexible weight I can get right now. Looking forward to using them, maybe tomorrow.

The third trip, to a China shop (that's really what they are called, and they are all over Portugal) to get another leash because our dog keeps breaking them and a power adaptor so we can finally use our keyboard, new amp/speaker, and microphone. That walk was pushing it, I guess, because I started coughing in the store behind my mask. Ugh - got out as fast as I could. But I have almost 9k steps right now, haha. Time to take it easy.

Cynthia, you are having big swings in temperatures. Sounds like fall!

Lynn, yay for new gear, and sounds hard!

Diana, I feel that way during some of those walking workouts. I think that might have been one of them. Some workouts just feel like they move faster. More variety, I guess!
Old 10-16-21, 03:15 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Cheryl, do you know why the shops are called China shops? My guess is b/c things are made in China?

Check-in: lap swim and day 7 (last day) of Kettlebutt.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-21, 08:52 PM  
Diana3271

HI Everyone!

My new phone arrived today. I think it was strange that I didn't receive a tracking notice or anything. I will look at it on Monday.

Check-In: 30 minute outdoor walk and JS 15 minute standing abs add on

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 10-17-21, 05:41 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps for yesterday: 12,203

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 10-17-21, 09:31 AM  
lynnf

barre 3 45 minutes. This one used the band for wall sits pushing out (hard) and for hydrant type moves (also hard). Since the band is a fabric type (and not elastic) it has a lot of tension (though they have three different tensions in the set). They suggested medium for this workout and I used it. I was able to make it through.

Cheryl, must be nice to get your dumbbells, but sounds like you still need to take it easy. When does all your stuff arrive? I take it everything is going fine with all the residency arrangements.

Diana, congrats on the new phone. I hope it isn't too hard getting set up on it.

Cynthia, congrats on finishing Kettlebutt! I never managed to get to it. I should check to see if Lauren kept it up. I always have trouble logging in with her, though.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-21, 10:35 AM  
seabliss

I am still coughing, but not as bad. Mostly in the morning, of course. I did a workout with my new weights. I chose an upper body workout by Zanna van Dijk. It was 19 minutes with no warmup or cooldown. I did it because I needed something that would not ever get crazy. It was hard enough, what with being sick and then losing strength without weights. Three rounds of supersets. It was not too hard but definitely challenging enough for now.

Cynthia, they are called China shops because they are run by Chinese immigrants and they do carry products from China--so much stuff of all kinds, like Woolworth's kind of. China is very connected with Portugal due to exploration and trade routes of the past. Many people in parts of China also speak Portuguese, and Portugal has influenced some of the foods that are now part of the Chinese culture. In turn, Portugal brought tea (from China) to the British culture (through royal marriage--Portuguese queen and British king) and is responsible for that British tradition. Not sure if I mentioned that before, but I find it interesting. Anyway, even the China shops themselves are often named "China Shop" (or they may have a name with Chinese characters.

Lynn, we haven't set up a date to ship our things because we need a place to put the instruments and studio gear. We hope to have a place in the next couple of weeks.

Diana, strange about the phone. But nice to have a new one for free!
Old 10-17-21, 10:36 AM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Lynn, I have a fabric hip band from Tone it Up. I don't do their streaming, but printed out their ways to use it. I wrote the breakdowns of the Kettlebutt moves & posted it in the GD. There was on e move, the second in day 7, that was new to me: high pull, catch, squat.
A couple of days ago, you mentioned using the band in planks 2 ways. How do you use it on your shoulders?

Rest day for me. Except for the vocal workout of rehearsal tonight.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-21, 08:41 PM  
Diana3271

HI Everyone!

It's difficult for me to get a workout in on Sunday. The last couple of weeks, my friend and I have been walking before church. Hopefully we can keep that up.

Check-In: 45 minute walk

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana